BBB + First Post

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

[quote]Mud-vein wrote:

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
You can do the heavy/light thing… Or you could put it all into each training day…

TBH. if you were still gaining that quickly, I would just go back to that routine and simply adjust it a bit to allow your weak areas to come up faster.

[/quote]

My back and legs are my strong points, should I just train them once per week and hit my weak body parts, chest/arms with higher frequency?[/quote]

That’s one way to do it.

[/quote]

You have better suggestions?

[quote]MODOK wrote:
I’ve said it a million time- if you are going to try this program, 20 x bodyweight (lbs) for your calories BARE MINIMUM… probably closer to 25. If you don’t, your going to fucking crash and burn HARD. Your going to lose your abs, your cheeks will get chubby, and you will wear loose shirts while you are on this program. It will also give you big ass muscles and a great big pile of strength.

Somethings just not right with your numbers. If you are 200+, your bench number is fucking horrendous. The dead and military aren’t bad at all. The squat, if its a legit parallel squat, isn’t bad either. It doesn’t add up. Have you had an injury?

You said its been “5 weeks”, and you’ll “give it another week”. THIS. IS. THE. ISSUE. Do not, under any circumstance, get into the self-defeating practice of jumping around from program to program. This will destroy your training progress almost completely. I’ve said this before, bodybuilder’s and their training programs are like their religion. If they don’t believe in it, they won’t put forth the effort to stick to it for enough time for it to succeed. They always look for the best. There is no best… only what you BELIEVE is the best will work for YOU.

My recommendation: do the program you like the best. If its 1 x week, stick to it. You will get FAR more gains than if you do 5 weeks of BBB, 5 of DC, etc. Their are giant, strong people who train 1, 2, 3 times a week frequency.
[/quote]

I’ve been waiting for you to comment on my thread HAHA :smiley: My chest has always been my weak point, I never really benched, didn’t really give a fuck and always did dumbbells, now I realize how weak my chest is compared to my other body parts. And yes my squats are BELOW parallel no doubt.

I always trained my body parts once per week, but I’ve always wanted to try training them more frequently, just never got the chance to. I am looking for ways to bring up my chest and arms now, it would be great if you can give me some advice. I enjoy doing BBB A LOT, so should I stick to it or not?

[quote]MODOK wrote:
I’ve said it a million time- if you are going to try this program, 20 x bodyweight (lbs) for your calories BARE MINIMUM… probably closer to 25. If you don’t, your going to fucking crash and burn HARD. Your going to lose your abs, your cheeks will get chubby, and you will wear loose shirts while you are on this program. It will also give you big ass muscles and a great big pile of strength.

Somethings just not right with your numbers. If you are 200+, your bench number is fucking horrendous. The dead and military aren’t bad at all. The squat, if its a legit parallel squat, isn’t bad either. It doesn’t add up. Have you had an injury?

You said its been “5 weeks”, and you’ll “give it another week”. THIS. IS. THE. ISSUE. Do not, under any circumstance, get into the self-defeating practice of jumping around from program to program. This will destroy your training progress almost completely. I’ve said this before, bodybuilder’s and their training programs are like their religion. If they don’t believe in it, they won’t put forth the effort to stick to it for enough time for it to succeed. They always look for the best. There is no best… only what you BELIEVE is the best will work for YOU.

My recommendation: do the program you like the best. If its 1 x week, stick to it. You will get FAR more gains than if you do 5 weeks of BBB, 5 of DC, etc. Their are giant, strong people who train 1, 2, 3 times a week frequency.
[/quote]

[quote]MODOK wrote:

[/quote]

amen.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Ah, that explains it. Well, look for your bench numbers to go up a LOT then. It just takes a little time, be patient.

I would say, if you are really interested, then yes stick to a higher frequency program for a while to give it an honest assessment. It HAS to be for 9-12 months though. Commit to it and don’t even THINK about another program until then. Make it a promise to yourself. Only after that amount of time of honest, focused work will you know if its your cup of tea.[/quote]

how long would you recommend me to stick with the program if my strength is still not going up by the end of next week?