T Nation

BBB Deads

For deadlift BBB sets of 10: touch and go, reset each rep, or don’t let the plates touch the ground (aka RDL/Dimel’s)? Resetting would be best for form, but RDL seems to better mimic the Time-under-tension of BBB for press, squat and bench, correct?

[quote]orcrist wrote:
For deadlift BBB sets of 10: touch and go, reset each rep, or don’t let the plates touch the ground (aka RDL/Dimel’s)? Resetting would be best for form, but RDL seems to better mimic the Time-under-tension of BBB for press, squat and bench, correct? [/quote]
Honestly, I would do the bbb sets the way you feel most comfortable doing . Doing bbb sets on Deads is a killer. When I used to do bbb, we would do 2or 3 of the bbb sets with fat gripz.

Well,
I don’t want to spark yet another debate over which is easier/harder, but they wipe me out so completely that I am forced by fear for my life to do touch/goes. The quicker the better lol! When I do them I usually do them as deficits though - not much - just standing on plates.

Rave,
Interesting approach. I’ve started taking a snatch-grip, which for me serves a similar purpose to a deficit. I’m doing RDLs where I bring the bar below the knee, plates almost touching the ground. I have really long arms, my conventional DL has a pretty short range of motion. I am pairing them with Front Squats, mostly because I suck at front squats.

Doing BBB with front squats, that is its own special brand of happiness. I would never have put the words “squat”, “135lbs”, and “failure” together in the same sentence. Another preconception smashed.

Touch and go is the only way I can manage 5x10. A pump and lower back do not go well together… I was planning on putting bbb front squats in next cycle. Looking forward to that :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]orcrist wrote:
For deadlift BBB sets of 10: touch and go, reset each rep, or don’t let the plates touch the ground (aka RDL/Dimel’s)? Resetting would be best for form, but RDL seems to better mimic the Time-under-tension of BBB for press, squat and bench, correct? [/quote]

Just use FSL for the pulls.