BBB:Big, Bald and Beautiful

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
red wine is good, but no replacement for rye.

Have you bought any new ferns lately. do we need a meathead intervention?[/quote]
A weekend of cigars, whiskey, red meat and helmetless bike riding (legal in NH) would suit me just fine. Just let me check with my wife first.[/quote]

2 outta 4 works for me!! Quit smokin 8 yrs ago, and quit drinkin about 10 yrs ago. I do like red meat and bikes, though.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
red wine is good, but no replacement for rye.

Have you bought any new ferns lately. do we need a meathead intervention?[/quote]
A weekend of cigars, whiskey, red meat and helmetless bike riding (legal in NH) would suit me just fine. Just let me check with my wife first.[/quote]

heheheheh! I have used red wine as mix for my rye before…

Rug, what do you have for a bike? Wilson(JW) and Scott(Meat) both have Harleys. When I was younger I had an FJ 1100. But that was forever ago.

Bunny, I’ve been there. Out of soda to mix with the booze. The last time I had whiskey I used orange juice as a mix. After the first drink it wasn’t that bad and I got 100% of my daily vitamin c.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Rug, what do you have for a bike? Wilson(JW) and Scott(Meat) both have Harleys. When I was younger I had an FJ 1100. But that was forever ago.

[/quote]

I used to own a Yamaha. At the moment, it’s economically unfeasable for me to own or purchase one. In English…I’m friggin BROKE!!! However, down the line, maybe a Gold Wing or something along those lines. I like Harleys, but for the money, I can get a bike and a car :slight_smile:

3/25
squat 295x5,335x5,385x10,295x10x5 sets
leg curl 86x10x5 sets

Limited time tonight so I moved quickly. My legs were on fire. Going to Maine for the weekend. My youngest has a hockey tournament. It never ends but I love it.

Training looks good. That’s a shit load of volume on the squats.

Thanks Jack. My legs are sore today. I usually don’t like to lift with less then a days rest but I may not get a chance to workout sat or sun. So I hit the basement this morning.

3/26
cgb fat bar 204x3,234x3,259x10
a. cgb fat bar 169 10x4 reps, 1x20
b. bb rows 155x20,175x20,195x20,215x15,235x10

All the bench weights felt light. I got all pumped up from the rows. Heading to Maine at 1 pm. Have a great weekend everyone.

Nice rowing. How bent are you when you do the BB rows? Are you parallel to the ground, or a little more upright?

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
looking good buddy! Sprints? Really? Are you tryin’ to make me feel bad? I have been wanting to incorporate these too… but usually just open another beer and contemplate it… lol![/quote]

yeah… what are these things called “sprints”? i vaguely remember the word from when i was a little kid.

i went for a walk with my family and dog the other evening and my daughter starting doing the sprinting thing that you speak of. i started after her thinking i was sprinting and then looked down to see i was barely walking fast. what’s up with that??

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:
looking good buddy! Sprints? Really? Are you tryin’ to make me feel bad? I have been wanting to incorporate these too… but usually just open another beer and contemplate it… lol![/quote]

yeah… what are these things called “sprints”? i vaguely remember the word from when i was a little kid.

i went for a walk with my family and dog the other evening and my daughter starting doing the sprinting thing that you speak of. i started after her thinking i was sprinting and then looked down to see i was barely walking fast. what’s up with that?? [/quote]

Hope you had a good weekend at the hockey tournament… I miss those… usually a good time.

I run like I am in the Matrix now… takes me about 50 yards to get up to speed, and about 50 yards to come to a complete stop. I need one of thos parachute thingies in my ass to deploy like a drag racer trying to stop.

It’s funny, 'cuz when I am at work now, and got to put together a “team” for a project or to go get a bad guy… I appoint “runners”… so I don’t have to. They are like retrievers… they go get them… then drag their asses back to me while I rub my hands together gleefully…

Jack, I’m just about parallel. Towards the end of a heavy set I may cheat a little though.

Scott, I haven’t had enough time or daylight to do sprints the past few days. I want to get back out there soon.

Bunny, tournament was in the Biddeford/Saco Maine area. New Hampshire select teams against Maine and Mass teams. My sons age group was the only team from NH to win their age group. He had a hat trick in one game and 5 assists in another. He’s this mellow kid off the ice but when the helmet goes on he’s an animal. He was checking and playing physical even though he’s one of the smallest kids on the ice. Great time. My oldest son had his first lacrosse games this weekend that I had to miss. Coach told him he did well so he was happy.

Thats some good looking CGB’s, nice training.

Thanks Joe.

3/30
deads 315x3,365x3,405x10 (easy)
deads fat bar 329x10,309x10,289x10,10,10

Deadlift central tonight. The fat bar adds a good forearm workout. Hoping to do sprints tomorrow after work.

Nice workout Eco. With that kind of volume you must have been enjoying the pulls.

Sprints after work? You chasing someone or will someone be chasing you?

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:
Nice workout Eco. With that kind of volume you must have been enjoying the pulls.

Sprints after work? You chasing someone or will someone be chasing you?[/quote]
This fat,bald guy keeps showing up and running around my backyard. I think he drank my booze when I wasn’t looking.

Great work, Steve. Playing with deads . I think I could find an easier exercise for play.

Yeah, you better catch that guy. If he’s taken your liquor, nothing is safe.

nice pulling and good for you on sprints…
I need to do some too.

Someones gonna get hurt playing with deads. Its like running with scissors. I need to get to a massage therapist or chiropractor. My neck and middle back need some love. Deads and squats are great exercises but really beat me up.

if you don’t already do this, trap a lacrosse ball between the wall and your traps, lean into it, and squirm around. I do this once a week, usually after deadlifts or sometimes after kroc roze™. it keeps my neck from turning to stone.

I’ll try that MJ.

Did 10 sprints up and 10 walks down the hill in the backyard. I wanted to run 20 times but was gassed after 10. Maybe this weekend I’ll add a couple more times up and down.