T Nation

BBB 5x5 Variation


#1

Hello,

Im wondering about BBB 5x5 as titel says.
The accessory work like chins, db row etc, in the 5x10 BBB i do the accessory 5x10 aswell.
What do you Jim recommend when doing 5x5 variation?

Also is there any progression like BBB "normal" which progresses to 60% and 70% on some challenges.

Thanks


#2

In general, Rows/chins and other assistance work (NOT supplemental work) are done as usual - 5x10 or more.

We use FSL work for the 5x5 - thus it changes for the week. Problem 100% solved.


#3

Thanks for quick answer


#4

if you use FSL normally i guess youre NOT doing opposite exercises when it comes to 531 / BBB sets ?

ive done opposite when doing 5x10 which i like, its less boring as you say yourself in the book


#5

[quote]box4m wrote:
if you use FSL normally i guess youre NOT doing opposite exercises when it comes to 531 / BBB sets ?

ive done opposite when doing 5x10 which i like, its less boring as you say yourself in the book[/quote]

Do the same exercise.


#6

jim doing the 5x5 from your book beyond 5/3/1 and this is a mother fucker of a workout.

very very challenging and this is with the opinion of two other people who train with me and want to go home after the 5x5 is done lol. max rep set is to be done right? that’s what it says in the book.

anyways coach what are you talking about FSL were the hell does that come in lol.??? are you insane!! you will allow this? on squats and deads I want to go home!! im dead after this. you would allow this??? please explain because no were In this book does this get mention about adding this in with this bbb 5x5 varition. I don’t see how this is very hard training and heavy so I don’t get that at all.

im only doing 3 weeks at 80% and the 5x3 @90% is next. im losing training partner god damnit. im not be funny either.

why do more!!!


#7

jim doing the 5x5 from your book beyond 5/3/1 and this is a mother fucker of a workout.

very very challenging and this is with the opinion of two other people who train with me and want to go home after the 5x5 is done lol. max rep set is to be done right? that’s what it says in the book.

anyways coach what are you talking about FSL were the hell does that come in lol.??? are you insane!! you will allow this? on squats and deads I want to go home!! im dead after this. you would allow this??? please explain because no were In this book does this get mention about adding this in with this bbb 5x5 varition. I don’t see how this is very hard training and heavy so I don’t get that at all.

im only doing 3 weeks at 80% and the 5x3 @90% is next. im losing training partner god damnit. im not be funny either.

why do more!!!


#8

[quote]bigtony200 wrote:
jim doing the 5x5 from your book beyond 5/3/1 and this is a mother fucker of a workout.

very very challenging and this is with the opinion of two other people who train with me and want to go home after the 5x5 is done lol. max rep set is to be done right? that’s what it says in the book.

anyways coach what are you talking about FSL were the hell does that come in lol.??? are you insane!! you will allow this? on squats and deads I want to go home!! im dead after this. you would allow this??? please explain because no were In this book does this get mention about adding this in with this bbb 5x5 varition. I don’t see how this is very hard training and heavy so I don’t get that at all.

im only doing 3 weeks at 80% and the 5x3 @90% is next. im losing training partner god damnit. im not be funny either.

why do more!!![/quote]

Put this into an English translator please. I have no idea what you are asking.


#9

[quote]bigtony200 wrote:
jim doing the 5x5 from your book beyond 5/3/1 and this is a mother fucker of a workout.

very very challenging and this is with the opinion of two other people who train with me and want to go home after the 5x5 is done lol. max rep set is to be done right? that’s what it says in the book.

anyways coach what are you talking about FSL were the hell does that come in lol.??? are you insane!! you will allow this? on squats and deads I want to go home!! im dead after this. you would allow this??? please explain because no were In this book does this get mention about adding this in with this bbb 5x5 varition. I don’t see how this is very hard training and heavy so I don’t get that at all.

im only doing 3 weeks at 80% and the 5x3 @90% is next. im losing training partner god damnit. im not be funny either.

why do more!!![/quote]

Jim is saying to do either the 5x5 FSL or the BBB variation of your choosing. DO NOT DO BOTH OF THEM. In the case of 5x5 work, FSL tends to work better than the BBB 5x5 variation. This is not rocket surgery.


#10

jim it is In English. what I didn’t know was the gentlemen above was talking about fsl. this is in the other bbb variations using 65,70,75 % for the 5x5’s

I thought the fsl was with the 5x5 variation at 80,90,TM. that is why I was saying that it crazy to add that to an already very challenging workout.

anyways I do speak English :slight_smile:


#11

[quote]Ayliffe wrote:

[quote]bigtony200 wrote:
jim doing the 5x5 from your book beyond 5/3/1 and this is a mother fucker of a workout.

very very challenging and this is with the opinion of two other people who train with me and want to go home after the 5x5 is done lol. max rep set is to be done right? that’s what it says in the book.

anyways coach what are you talking about FSL were the hell does that come in lol.??? are you insane!! you will allow this? on squats and deads I want to go home!! im dead after this. you would allow this??? please explain because no were In this book does this get mention about adding this in with this bbb 5x5 varition. I don’t see how this is very hard training and heavy so I don’t get that at all.

im only doing 3 weeks at 80% and the 5x3 @90% is next. im losing training partner god damnit. im not be funny either.

why do more!!![/quote]

Jim is saying to do either the 5x5 FSL or the BBB variation of your choosing. DO NOT DO BOTH OF THEM. In the case of 5x5 work, FSL tends to work better than the BBB 5x5 variation. This is not rocket surgery. [/quote]

Rocket surgery?