T Nation

BBB : 5 Cycles Done and Dusted

Hey guys
Just thought i would post up how awesome this program is before i begin my 6th cycle!

Im doing the basic BBB (5x10 main lift assistance supersetted with pullups etc) plus 1 or two more minor assistance exercises on upper body days and hands down absolutely cant recommend this program enough! Its like ive stumbled onto a pot of gold haha.

Heres some current numbers compared to initial:
Height: 5 ft 10 inches
Weight: 80kg (up 5kg)
Bench 1RM: 122.5kg (up 12.5 kg)
OHP 1RM: 72.5kg (up 5kg)
Deadlift 1RM: 200kg (up 20kg)
Squat 1RM: 165kg (up 15kg)

I am pretty damn happy about the progress i am making, how easy it is to follow and what you need to do each training session, the amount of fun i have whilst doing it and the absolute glorious feeling when you smash a 1rm record or rep record.

Things i have to remind myself is to keep it simple stupid, eat a lot and sleep alot haha.

Going forward im going to give the 5x5, 5x3 and 5x1 main assistance lift work a shot, 5 sets of singles at 100% TM after your 5/3/1 PR set is going to brutal! Also i must concentrate on mobility as my hips are especially tight at the moment and hit the conditioning with a bit more manliness!

Anyways thank you Jim and thankyou Internet for allowing me to find and buy your books and finding this awesome forum!

Sweeeeeet

Congrats. I ran the BBB three month challenge and I liked your “Done and Dusted” comment. Keep up the good work. I am on cycle 7 and couldn’t be more pleased with the results.