BBB 3 Month Challenge

Hey all,

Ran 531 for a couple of years, and BBB on and off throughout. Am planning a solid few months of BBB so thought I’d try the 3 month challenge. Couple of things I’d like to ask (and hoping they aren’t daft questions).

1, Do you do the 5x10 for the same lift as your main 5 pro’s lift for the day? Or the alternate lift?

2, Do you do a deload after each cycle? Or run through the three cycles before a deload?

3, I’m assuming we increase the TM each cycle as usual? So the BBB 60% for cycle two and BBB 70% for cycle three are based off the new TM’s?

Thank you

Looking forward to this challenge!!

1. Whichever you prefer. I never saw any major advantage to swapping the supplemental so I generally don’t.

2. Again, up to you. You know your body and recovery better than us. Deload before you need to.

3. Yes, base them off new TM’s.

2 Likes

Awesome! Straight to the point answers, thank you.

1 Like

The free blog section of Jim’s private website has an updated version of the BBB 3 month challenge. You’ll have to go back 18 months to 2 years and hunt a little bit for it, but it may be worthwhile if you’re gonna take on this challenge.

Edit: January 11, 2017 -so almost 3 years ago

Came here to ask the same question 3 as you. What kind of mind reading sorcery is this. :slight_smile:

Thanks dagill2.

1 Like

When I did it, I did the other lower body/uppbody lift

For example:
Bench 5/3/1 sets
OHP 5x10
Supersetted with Pullups 5x10 (I was liight enough to pull off 5x10 back then)

For lower body it was
Squat 5/3/1 sets
Deadlifts 5x10 (These were killer)
and Ab Rollout or hanging leg raise after

Not sure if this was right, but I did push the last sets of each 5/3/1 and would calculate my new 1RM accordingly and change my numbers based on 90% of that

I never mess with my numbers after hitting PRs.