BB Linguistics: Why Is It Traps?

Bis, tris, guns, balls- I get it.

We have a pair of them, so you add an ‘s’.

The Musculus Trapezius is one big, singular, sexy lump of muscle.
So why ‘traps’ and not ‘trap’?

We do it correctly with all the other organs. It sounds strange when deliberately written wrong:

“Done properly, cardio will strengthen a body’s lung, and also the hearts.”
“My doctor said that protein is bad for the kidney, and alcohol is bad for the livers.”

But what am I babbling here, you all already know this with the HUGE educational campaign that is going on for years now(the one with the war-hero).
So from now on I’ll go with the admiral’s recommendation.

Because there are two of them.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

So from now on I’ll go with the admiral’s recommendation. [/quote]

Very wise.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Because there are two of them.[/quote]

The lower one you refer to is called ass.
(Asses would be incorrect, btw)

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Because there are two of them.[/quote]

The lower one you refer to is called ass.
(Asses would be incorrect, btw)[/quote]

Not if Rock gets his wish.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Because there are two of them.[/quote]

The lower one you refer to is called ass.
(Asses would be incorrect, btw)[/quote]

Dude, there are two sides of your body and gym lingo never had anything to do with a biology degree.

It is gym slang. It is nothing like “lung” which is the layman’s term as well as that of med pros.

You train pecs, you don’t train your “right and left pectoralis major and minor” because that makes you look like a douche when you say it out loud in public.

Had a great balls workout today. Huge pump.

[quote]bcingu wrote:
Had a great balls workout today. Huge pump.[/quote]

You should change your technique. I usually focus most of my energy on the shaft workout. Any balls manipulation is considered complimentary to the shaft training. In fact, I would say balls manipulation enhances the shaft workout, not the other way around.

If you continue to train ballz first, you run the risk of “blue ballz” which means you won’t be able to train them again for a week.

Don’t even get me started on DOMS.

Nah, with balls, always go for the pump.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]bcingu wrote:
Had a great balls workout today. Huge pump.[/quote]

You should change your technique. I usually focus most of my energy on the shaft workout. Any balls manipulation is considered complimentary to the shaft training. In fact, I would say balls manipulation enhances the shaft workout, not the other way around.

If you continue to train ballz first, you run the risk of “blue ballz” which means you won’t be able to train them again for a week.

Don’t even get me started on DOMS.[/quote]

Good point; I shouldn’t have deviated from rest-pause cock push-ups. Noob mistake.

I don’t know but I hit my traps pretty fucking hard yesterday and I regret it.

In the spirit of the thread, a correct sample split

day1: chests, left leg&right leg
day2: balls, masseters
day3: trap, bicepses
day4: cremasters, backs
day5: tricepses, the ass

6+7 lots o’ rests, obviously

Another inquiry. Why is it called creatinezzz and not CREATINEZZZ?

I don’t call them triceps…I call them DOceps!

[quote]Nards wrote:
I don’t call them triceps…I call them DOceps![/quote]

Lol Nards ^^

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Another inquiry. Why is it called creatinezzz and not CREATINEZZZ?[/quote]

Shit, all this time I thought it had 6 z’s.

I thought “traps” was short for “trapelsauce”

Annnnd:

Why call them biceps?..call them Hiceps and say “Hello” to bigger arms.

Waiting for Derek to post pic of SrJoker.

lol

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Because there are two of them.[/quote]

The lower one you refer to is called ass.
(Asses would be incorrect, btw)[/quote]

Not if Rock gets his wish.
[/quote]

are you talking about my wish for upper body and lower body asses? Im also adding an upper back ass to this list too.