Bauber's Training Log

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
I’ve never seen someone do an entire chest workout based around flies. What made you do that?[/quote]

A guy I trained with who has phenomenal chest width and thickness put me on to it. He swears by it and it has not disappointed!

Also it gives my shoulders and joints a break from the heavy weight.[/quote]

Ohh alright. It’s this recent, or have you been doing it long enough to see some improvements?

Excited to see how your cut goes. Any particular weak points you are trying to bring up?[/quote]

I have been doing it for about a year now. And seen some good width improvement.

I am working on bringing up some size on my inner teardrops to match my outter quads better.

you are big.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
you are big. [/quote]

I prefer small challenged.

Crazy work capacity man. I would probably die after the first hard set of 20 rep front squats.

How do you cook so many egg whites? Are they boiled? I eat 300g-500g of egg whites every morning (about 10 -16) and unless I use a good amount of coconut oil they stick to the pan and turn into a pile of shit.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Crazy work capacity man. I would probably die after the first hard set of 20 rep front squats.

How do you cook so many egg whites? Are they boiled? I eat 300g-500g of egg whites every morning (about 10 -16) and unless I use a good amount of coconut oil they stick to the pan and turn into a pile of shit.[/quote]

It takes a little getting used to.

I just scramble them in a pan with some no stick spray. Just be sure to continually stir them once they start really cooking. And get a good no stick pan don’t cheap out on your pan makes a big difference.

What was your training style like before you moved to the high-rep ramped/pyramiding/whatever-you-want-to-call it style?

How did you build your foundation?

[quote]LoRez wrote:
What was your training style like before you moved to the high-rep ramped/pyramiding/whatever-you-want-to-call it style?

How did you build your foundation?[/quote]

It was lower rep more of a 4X12-10-8-6 style. With weights getting progressively heavier.

My foundation came from years of playing ball with more football/ olympic style lifting.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

It was lower rep more of a 4X12-10-8-6 style. With weights getting progressively heavier.

My foundation came from years of playing ball with more football/ olympic style lifting.[/quote]

I was a runner so we (obviously) trained differently.

How is football-style lifting structured?

holy shit Bauber! 20 reps of front squats at 365? That’s unreal.

You’re an animal

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

My foundation came from years of playing ball with more football/ olympic style lifting.[/quote]

I was a runner so we (obviously) trained differently.

How is football-style lifting structured?[/quote]

Pretty similar to powerlifting really. Focus on the big three lifts, bench, squat, deadlift. Training for overall strength.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
holy shit Bauber! 20 reps of front squats at 365? That’s unreal.

You’re an animal[/quote]

I take the tactic on leg days, if I am not close to puking on my heaviest sets - something is wrong. Now mind you it has taken me time to build up to this. And I also go with higher reps because with heavier weight my knees start to bother me.

Wensday - Shoulders - Cardio 45 mins in the AM

Been feeling a little worn down and rough this week.

Shrugs Barbell
225 - 20
315 - 20
405 - 20
495 - 20
585 - 20

Reverse Shrugs Barbell
315 - 20
405 - 20
495 - 20
495 - 20
495 - 15

Hammer Overheard Press
1 plate - 20
2 plates - 20
3 plates - 20
4 plates - 20
4 plates - 18

Rear Delt Bent Over Rows Dumbbell
50 - 20
60 - 20
70 - 20
80 - 20
80 - 20

Rear Delt Pec Dec
135 - 20
155 - 20
185 - 20
205 - 20
235 - 20

Finish up with some side and front laterals using pretty light weight to almost failure.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! I’m late but I’m in anyway! This is my new home page! Youre an absolute savage man, hope you can get a training vid in here at one point, especially of those front squats and benches.

Edit; hadn’t seen the ridiculous BB Rows and Deads. Vids of those would be awesome too. Plus one of how you manage to eat all that food :smiley:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! I’m late but I’m in anyway! This is my new home page! Youre an absolute savage man, hope you can get a training vid in here at one point, especially of those front squats and benches.

Edit; hadn’t seen the ridiculous BB Rows and Deads. Vids of those would be awesome too. Plus one of how you manage to eat all that food :D[/quote]

My brother recently got a go pro and another nice video camera. I am working on getting him to film and put together a few training montages of me.

I have like 10 million questions, lemme start with a few. Sorry if youve answered them elsewhere. Do you use straps on the deads and BB Rows?
Did you drop back squats? If so, why?

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
I have like 10 million questions, lemme start with a few. Sorry if youve answered them elsewhere. Do you use straps on the deads and BB Rows?
Did you drop back squats? If so, why?[/quote]

No worries ask away.

I use straps on my deads once I get over 315. And over 225 on my BB rows. Sometimes I go heavier without straps, but my focus is back development and my grip wears out long before my back does. I also think when you are having to worry too much about your grip you lose some of that concentration and mind to muscle in your back and don’t get as good of a contraction of the muscle.

I do back squats very sparsely and like to keep them towards then end of my leg day. This is because my weights get up there and it was wearing too much on my knees and not worth the reward. I get just as much leg development from other exercises without the pain/ risk.

do you mostly pull from the floor?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
do you mostly pull from the floor?[/quote]

Yes sir, I always pull from the floor. Just feels more natural for me.

Thursday - Back

Pulldowns Cable
140 - 20
180 - 20
220 - 20
240 - 20
285 - 20

Pulldowns 1 arm sitting sideways
65 - 20
75 - 20
85 - 20
85 - 20