T Nation

Battling the Bulge - Step 1

Finally I am starting the V-Diet, I have had everything I needed for a few weeks now but knew I was going on a 4-day trip over the weekend just gone, and decided to use that to say good bye to all the bad habits I have started to let back into my diet.

My story so far…
Starting out on the 27th of August 2007 at a weight of 338lbs I came to the realisation that something had to be done, all I was doing was getting bigger and bigger, week after week. I was falling into a depression and had to do something to turn my life around. Anyway I dropped 84lbs down to 254lbs, but over the last few months managed to put back on 8lbs leaving me at 262lbs as of today.

I didn’t get home last night till 23:00 and was up for work at 05:00 so do n0t have my measurements or pictures done yet. I will get them done today or tomorrow and post them as soon as possible.

As for stats…
Height - 5’11
Weight - 259lbs
BF% - 29%
Measurements - To Be Added ASAP
Pictures - To Be Added ASAP

I believe in setting goals for your self and have decided to post my personal goals for the next 6 - 12 months.

Goals…
Primary Goal - 30/09/08 End of V-Diet
lbs to loose - 20lbs
BF% to loose - 6%
BF% Goal - 23%
Weight - 242lbs
V-Diet - Complete the diet without cheating

With 28 days of a hard, strict diet and exercise plan I am aiming hight but it is achievable.

I read the following quote somewhere recently and I believe that it so true and can be used to help you conquer this diet. I am going to print it out and pin it to the mirror in the bathroom & the fridge.

Quote…
“All I have is today. All I have is this moment, this workout, this meal, the next 30 minutes, the next hour. If I just do what I know I must do now, then I know I’ll reach my ultimate goal eventually.”

I’m going to read this several times a day as it so true and if you believe it will happen, Step 1 is only 28 Days…

Goals…
4 Month Goal - 31/12/08
lbs to loose - 42lbs
BF% to loose - 12%
BF% Goal - 17%
Weight - 220lbs

With the aid of the fat loss from the V-Diet this goal should not be to hard to complete. When I reach the my goal over the V-Diet it leaves me with 22lbs to loose with 14 weeks left, which is just over 1.5lbs per week.

Goals…
Ultimate Goal - 22/06/09
lbs to loose - 62lbs
BF% to loose - 19%
BF% Goal - 10%
Weight - 200lbs

A further 6 months of hard work battling to build muscle and drop Body Fat and a little weight.

Just thought I would add that I am not using the advised Biotest supplements as it would cost a fortune to get it to Ireland as many of us over here know.

Instead I bought most, but not all of my supplements from MyProtien.co.uk

Supplements

1. Instant Milk Protein - Instantised Casein
  2. BCAA Plus - 1000 mg
  3. Daily Vitamins - Multi Vitamin
  4. Tribulus Pro - Not recieved yet
  5. Genr8 Strenght
  6. EC Stack - Ephedrine/Caffeine Stack

I would have thought that Total Protein would have been a close match to Metabolic Drive.

Any way good luck and keep us posted!

[quote]Jumping wrote:
I would have thought that Total Protein would have been a close match to Metabolic Drive.

Any way good luck and keep us posted![/quote]

You may be right but for the amount i had to order the Instant Milk Protein worked out cheaper…

Wildhalf,
how is day 1 going?

By the looks of it you have already gone through a journey of weight loss. With what you have already gone through I see this being a breeze for you.

[quote]Bibby wrote:
Wildhalf,
how is day 1 going?

By the looks of it you have already gone through a journey of weight loss. With what you have already gone through I see this being a breeze for you.[/quote]

Going great, not one bit hungry, the EC stack really works…

Just had a chocolate shake with peanut butter in it, oh my god it was lovely… Made it with only a little water and loads of ice.

wildhalf,

Sorry for my post on the other thread, before I got to read your thread here. I understand now why you chose not to use the Metabolic Drive. I hope the other protein works well for you. The slow digestion of the Metabolic Drive helps so much with hungry issues.

I can’t stand my peanut butter nor my flax in my shakes, so I concocted a peanut butter/flax ball/mash that works just as good. Gives me a little something to chew and pick out of my teeth! LOL!

Stay strong!

fintesslady

fintesslady,

No need to say sorry. The other protein is alot better with milk than water but it is drinkable…

I love peanut butter so adding it to the shake was just what was needed…

thanks for your support

[center]Day 1 - 02/09/08[/center]

Yes day 1 is coming to an end and im still going strong.

What can I say about today??? Well the shakes would taste allot nice with milk but I will be sticking to the water. I can see how people can get sick of just the shakes but it is worth it in the long run. But as my quote of the day goes, all I have is today, etc…

As for the EC Stack. I have the jitters a little but I know this will go within a couple of days as I took them a while back for 2 weeks to test it out.

I didn’t get much sleep last night as I was travelling home from my weekend away. Not getting home till after 23:00 last night and being up for work at 05:00 took it out of me today.

Went training at 19:00 it was my Chest & Back day. All I can say is I had a hell of a training session. I believe I was possessed I just tore into it, probably the caffine.

Now onto day 2… Oh did not get stats done today will have them after work tomorrow.

[center]…Putting this log to bed…[/center]

Got moved out of V-Diet Section stating i wasnt doing the V-Diet properly. In order words wasnt using Biotest Supplements.

Which cannot be got in Ireland by the way so how could i do this diet then.

Moved to bodybuilding dot com