Battlestar Galactica Finale

Did anyone see it?

I thought this season was hit or miss but the finale was good and it is going to be a long wait until next season.

This is by far my favorite TV show on these days. Though some have moaned and groaned about how “bad” some of the recent arcs have been, I am not one of them. This finale shows how the previous episodes tie into this one.

Finale was excellent. I thought the acting was phenominal. The ending was a bit corny to me though (I mean right at the end, NOT the main “shocker” scene), and they left real open who the 5th cylon could be (could get into it more but do NOT want to spoil it for those who have not seen it).

And I have to say it; Caprica Six is one of the hottest women out there.

Fantastic finale, but boy, that’s a long time to wait till the season starts again. I don’t think they thought they would ever be picked up for this many seasons. I am sure as heck curious what they are going to come with next.

Based on the old series I figured Starbuck was going to come back with something big.

Good stuff. I am a bit surprised though that they keep adding to the father and son struggle of the Adama’s. I thought that had played itself out last season.

Marc

I thought both Baltar trial episodes were excellent. The whole “final five” revelation can suck my big one, though. It’s becoming increasingly clear that the writers are just making it up as they go.

The first two or three episodes of the season ROCKED. But overall, the season was a tremendous let down and in my view, far below the benchmark set by season 1 and 2.

It was a huge mistake to take away the Cylon threat for the majority of season 3 – as this war is the heart of the show. Looks like they’re going back in that direction, which leaves me with much hope for season 4. But geez… a 9-10 month wait?

[quote]null wrote:
Did anyone see it?

I thought this season was hit or miss but the finale was good and it is going to be a long wait until next season.[/quote]

It comes back in September?

[quote]thighlord wrote:
null wrote:
Did anyone see it?

I thought this season was hit or miss but the finale was good and it is going to be a long wait until next season.

[/quote]

no…2008…

Watched the last two eps back to back off the DVR. I’d rank them as a couple hours of the best scifi television i’ve seen in a while.

I kept waiting for Colonel Tigh to set his guitar on fire.

[quote]null wrote:
Did anyone see it?

I thought this season was hit or miss but the finale was good and it is going to be a long wait until next season.[/quote]

Yeah, does anyone else feel that the worst part of the season’s last episode was finding out we’d have to wait till 2008 for season 4! Frak’in A!

Oh, and I’m not totaly sold on the idea that Col. Tigh, the Chief, Anders and the presidential aid are Cylons, but thanks to the producers of the show we have at least 7 months to debate this! D’oh!

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
thighlord wrote:
null wrote:
Did anyone see it?

no…2008…[/quote]

are you fracking with me?!

that’s a long time to wait.

And I have a hard time to believe that those 4 are cylons. One thing they have in common is that they were all on New Caprica so who knows what was done to them while there.

[quote]GunnyBear wrote:
Yeah, does anyone else feel that the worst part of the season’s last episode was finding out we’d have to wait till 2008 for season 4! Frak’in A![/quote]

When I saw that on the screen, I yelled “Fuck You!” However, that could be a good thing, because they could show the whole of season 4 without repeats, like Fox is doing with 24.

SPOILERS

Well, assuming Starbuck is the final Cylon, there’d be a great skinjob love-triangle, and you know the producers can’t resist that. Personally, I had always figured the President was a Cylon, with her cancer and visions programmed to coincide with prophecy, but now we have this Athena/Six/Roslyn/Hera thing instead. WTF, Ron Moore?

Also, I have to say that the special effects have gotten amazing.