Battlefield 3

Game: Battlefield 3
Developer: EA Digital Illusions CE (DICE)
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Game Engine: Frostbite 2.0

Set in 2014, the player will take on the role of Staff Sergeant Henry ‘Black’ Blackburn, a member of the United States Marine Corps deployed along the Iran-Iraq border. SSgt Blackburn leads a five-man squad on a mission to locate, find and safely return a US squad investigating a possible chemical weapons site, whose last known position was inside a meat market controlled by a hostile militia. After engaging in several gun battles with hostile forces, Blackburn and his squadmates are caught in a massive earthquake whose epicenter is in Iran. Brief shots from the campaign trailer depict an aerial view of a war-torn city, a column of M1 Abrams tanks being attacked by cluster munitions, and an aerial dogfight between US and Russian fighter aircraft.

Could this topple Modern Warfare? Personally, multiplayer in the Battlefield series has been superior in my view, and Bad Company 2 had some pretty good single player… but this. This is something else. This looks like it will provide a solid experience in both sides of gameplay.

Teaser:

Gameplay teaser:

Tasty tasty alpha footage:
Fault Line

Thunder Run

And for those who played Battlefield 2… oh lawdy…

I came.

looks bad ass, pretty excited for it…im 110% of Call of Duty Black Ops, so im hoping Battlefied 3 will be really good…Gears of War 3 should be solid as well…

looks bad ass, pretty excited for it…im 110% of Call of Duty Black Ops, so im hoping Battlefied 3 will be really good…Gears of War 3 should be solid as well…

I’m looking forward to it. I love BFBC2 so I cannot foresee this being a bad game. DICE makes some great games.

Multiplayer Gameplay

I can’t comment on the gameplay, but I swear that fucking game has better graphics than real life. As soon as it’s released - goodbye outside world!

[quote]Cimmerian wrote:
I can’t comment on the gameplay, but I swear that fucking game has better graphics than real life. As soon as it’s released - goodbye outside world![/quote]

Bro just imagine in like 30 years, games will be like live action movies. Instead of watching Jason Bourne you’ll be controlling him.

Im rather beginning to get really interested in this game. I already pre-ordered GoW:3 and I might pre-order this one too.

Why so little interest?

Don’t tell me you’re all CoD fags…

I’ll stick to my Counter-Strike 1.6, thank you very much…

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Why so little interest?

Don’t tell me you’re all CoD fags…[/quote]

Most of the video game shit get’s discussed in the Geek shit threads.

That said, I’m looking forward to BF3, COD 84, or whatever-the-fuck, looks exactly the same as the last few.

I’ll see your rehash and raise you a motherfucking chainsaw machine gun.

I swear I was talking to Rhino about that animated knife kills in a game of BC 2. They heard us man I’m trippin out.

No but really I LOVE this game series. I play the fuck out of it and probably will have no life come BF 3.

Now are they releasing PS3 and Xbox version along PC or is it PC, couple months then PS3 Xbox?

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Why so little interest?

Pretty much, but I’ve never given Battlefield a chance.

This looks BAD ASS.

The graphics are amazing, the the movements are a lot more life-like than CoD.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Why so little interest?

This looks BAD ASS.

The graphics are amazing, the the movements are a lot more life-like than CoD.[/quote]

In terms of immersion, the Battlefield series has always won out in my book. Felt like I was as close as I could be to a war zone without signing up for the army. CoD, not so much.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Why so little interest?

This looks BAD ASS.

The graphics are amazing, the the movements are a lot more life-like than CoD.[/quote]

In terms of immersion, the Battlefield series has always won out in my book. Felt like I was as close as I could be to a war zone without signing up for the army. CoD, not so much.[/quote]

That’s the feeling I get watching the trailers. It looks like they pay a lot more attention to certain details without rehashing what they’re already done.

I’m definitely going to buy the next version.

I enjoy both Battlefield and COD for separate reasons. BF is fun because of the level sizes, vehicles, squads, and realism (bullet drop, etc). COD is fun because it’s fast paced, satisfies my ADD and IMO has one of the best controls in terms of responsiveness.

No need to only play one, I say get em both if you can. I usually play BF when COD is pissing me off and vice versa lol

bamp

Comes out soon omg omg omg

Played the Beta, loved every second of it (except for the hacker I saw go 120/5). Sniping with the 870MCS with Slug Rounds and a 4X scope was hilarious.

Launch Trailer

TV Trailer

99 Problems Trailer - for the kids into the hip hops with the hipping and a hopping and the bipping and the bopping

Ehh, I wasn’t impressed with the Beta. The game is too slow paced for me. I don’t like to to snipe, I like to run and gun. COD satisfies that need better. That plus I get whatever game my friends get because I don’t like to play online by myself. I mean the graphics in Battlefield look cool and it is probably more realistic. To each their own.