Battle Wounds

Damn ucallthatbass, you’re a mess!

One I forgot:

Got trampled by a steer (nutless cow) when I was 8 years old. Fucker stomped right on my head, should have broke my orbital bone around my right eye. Depth perception out of that eye hasnt been right ever since.

I have had my heart broken many times.

Damn some of you guys have had some crazy shit happen.

1. Busted chin from swinging in between tables as a kid and face planted, cute little scar hah!
  2. Scar across eyebrow from headbutting some guy
  3. Boxers fracture from the first fight I ever got in lol
  4. Spent 3 nights hooked up to an IV in the ER for being an idiot.
  5. had a nail go through my foot once, that fucking sucked.

Other than that, I’m good to go!

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:
Major injury was being crushed by two 2600# pipes (1 rolled completely over me, the second stopped on top of me, on a concrete roadway) – bent 1 knee backwards, broke all but 3 ribs, collapsed lung, broke both collarbones, multiple skull fractures, blood & spinal fluid blew out both eardrums, neck injuries, double vision, tinnitus in both ears, etc.).

Minor ones: survived 2 car accidents (cars totaled, 3 deaths, just minor injuries), skull fracture after getting tossed into a wall, a couple of knee injuries/surgeries, lost part of a finger from a dog bite, and quite a few scars from working (archaeology/forestry/tree trimming/firewood selling/etc.) and screwing around as a kid.

What doesn’t kill us does make us stronger (and hopefully wiser…).

Holy fuck. How did this happen?[/quote]For the pipes, I was working near a construction site that was putting in a water or sewer line (forget which), tunneling as it was too deep to open trench. This was on a hill, storing the pipes in 1 lane of the road. Instead of blocking each pipe they only blocked 1. Instead of sending 2 guys out of the tunnel to get the next pipe they only sent 1. When he removed the block, all the pipes started rolling, catching him by surprise. He kicked the board back into place but 2 pipes rolled over it. He should then have stepped aside and let the pipes roll, but instead froze like a deer in headlights, with his hands on the pipe, feet splayed back, with the pipes literally pushing him down the street, feet sliding on the pavement. He wasn’t ‘walking’ his hands on the pipe, so they were rotating towards the ground (if you looked at the pipes from the side, imagine a clockface with his hands starting at ~2 o’clock and rotating around to 6 o’clock as the pipe rolled downhill).

I was working nearby, no one else around, and went to help. There was nothing nearby to toss in front of the pipes to act as a block/wedge, couldn’t drag him away, so stopping the pipes was all I could think of, so I walked up next to him and tried to hold the pipes back. The good news was only 2 of the 6 or 7 pipes were rolling (from my angle it looked like they all were). The bad news was that they weighed ~2600# each (surprised the heck outta me they were so heavy). Stood me upright then caught my foot and flattened me like a road kill squirrel.

It was an interesting experience – when I first saw the guy trying to fend off the pipes, time slowed down, tunnel vision, I could think of several things at one time, etc. Things that were important for survival were burned into my brain that I’ll never forget, and things not important were completely ignored – no background, no hot/cold, no sense of self, etc.

Not something I care to repeat anytime soon.

• Broken thumb from Volleyball
  • Broken left big toe from soccer (a year ago, getting it checked out, again, on Thursday)
  • Broken right big toe from football (three years ago, but I keep playing on it)
  • Square shaped scar on right ankle from being cleated in football
  • Scar from a chemical burn from the airbag when I got ran off the interstate going 70…car rolled twice and hit a tree upside down, which was the only thing stopping me and my friend from sliding upside down into oncoming traffic. Yay for medians.
  • Scar on my heel from a nasty ass blister I got doing a 20 mile march

[quote]Nick Danger wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:
Major injury was being crushed by two 2600# pipes (1 rolled completely over me, the second stopped on top of me, on a concrete roadway) – bent 1 knee backwards, broke all but 3 ribs, collapsed lung, broke both collarbones, multiple skull fractures, blood & spinal fluid blew out both eardrums, neck injuries, double vision, tinnitus in both ears, etc.).

Minor ones: survived 2 car accidents (cars totaled, 3 deaths, just minor injuries), skull fracture after getting tossed into a wall, a couple of knee injuries/surgeries, lost part of a finger from a dog bite, and quite a few scars from working (archaeology/forestry/tree trimming/firewood selling/etc.) and screwing around as a kid.

What doesn’t kill us does make us stronger (and hopefully wiser…).

Holy fuck. How did this happen?For the pipes, I was working near a construction site that was putting in a water or sewer line (forget which), tunneling as it was too deep to open trench. This was on a hill, storing the pipes in 1 lane of the road. Instead of blocking each pipe they only blocked 1. Instead of sending 2 guys out of the tunnel to get the next pipe they only sent 1. When he removed the block, all the pipes started rolling, catching him by surprise. He kicked the board back into place but 2 pipes rolled over it. He should then have stepped aside and let the pipes roll, but instead froze like a deer in headlights, with his hands on the pipe, feet splayed back, with the pipes literally pushing him down the street, feet sliding on the pavement. He wasn’t ‘walking’ his hands on the pipe, so they were rotating towards the ground (if you looked at the pipes from the side, imagine a clockface with his hands starting at ~2 o’clock and rotating around to 6 o’clock as the pipe rolled downhill).

I was working nearby, no one else around, and went to help. There was nothing nearby to toss in front of the pipes to act as a block/wedge, couldn’t drag him away, so stopping the pipes was all I could think of, so I walked up next to him and tried to hold the pipes back. The good news was only 2 of the 6 or 7 pipes were rolling (from my angle it looked like they all were). The bad news was that they weighed ~2600# each (surprised the heck outta me they were so heavy). Stood me upright then caught my foot and flattened me like a road kill squirrel.

It was an interesting experience – when I first saw the guy trying to fend off the pipes, time slowed down, tunnel vision, I could think of several things at one time, etc. Things that were important for survival were burned into my brain that I’ll never forget, and things not important were completely ignored – no background, no hot/cold, no sense of self, etc.

Not something I care to repeat anytime soon.

[/quote]

Wow dude.

That’s insane.

Just a couple of months after I was born some wacked out dude broke into our house and carved a lightning bolt scar into my forehead while yelling that his name was Voldemort. This woke my dad up who proceeded to kick the living shit out of the dude.

I get a bitchin’ amount of royalties these days though…

[quote]matko5 wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
Mine was actually the whole reason i got into bodybuilding. It was my sophomore year of high school and my friend had just got the first car of the group. I was a big ole fat ass back then, weighing in at a 220lbs of nothing but goop. So we were driving away from school and came up to a light. Light was green, and we were making a left turn; however, we did not know that this particular intersection was an unprotected left turn yield, meaning that Left turns had to yield to oncoming traffic, though there was no sign displaying that. My friend takes the turn, and just as he does some guy nails us doing 60 in a school zone, couldnt see him coming due to a bit of a hill before the light i guess. I also think its good to mention that the car my friend was driving was a dinky little 2 door. The car essentially hit me, everyone else was fine. I was nearly blinded on both sides, have an inch long scar above my left eye and a half an inch long scar below my right eye (from the glass), and was put into a coma with a collapsed/punctured lung. I was in the coma for about a week, and dont remember too much from the whole experience (the day of the collision up to a couple weeks after waking up), except for one thing, one major thing…you see i partially blamed myself for what happened. I believed it was my weakness, my inability to handle the whole ordeal, that caused the damage. So i swore id never be weak again, i vowed to become bigger and stronger, and eventually that evolved into me checking my proportions in the mirror lol.

I don’t think you need to have a sign to know left turns have to yield to oncoming traffic, except in a case where there’s a traffic light that clearly indicates you CAN make a left turn with green light “arrow”.[/quote]

I believe it being the first and only licensed driver being in control of the car caused the crash…the other guy didnt help though. green arrow of course means you have a protected left turn…otherwise you have to yield.

I have a scar on my forehead from when I was little(2 or 3)… we had an awkward shaped apartment with weird jut outs in the walls and one was in line with the stairs and I guess I clipped it one day? my only other interesting scars are one from being shot with an arrow by my brother on accident… im standing there talking too a girl and he shoots straight up…comes running screaming nonsense in time for it to hit me…but only in the arm. I also have a scar from my older brother pushing me during a game of basketball which gave me a one inch gash in my palm… 4 stitches.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I caught a baseball bat with my cheekbone (10 stitches) [/quote]

probably deserved it. Listen to men next time :wink:

[quote]Mad HORSE wrote:
When I was in third grade someone stabbed me in the hand with a pencil. A couple deacades later I can still see the graphite in my palm.[/quote]

I have one of these too!

Also have a scar running from my right wrist all the way to my elbow from falling through a window when I was 4 years old. Something like 80 stitches.

Had my appendix removed, 10 stitches on my chin from falling onto concrete as a kid, a piece of pencil graphite lodged in my left hand (I still remember the exact moment that happened).
Burned my right palm pretty bad from unknowingly placing it on a hot soldering iron.
Burned a hole near my left wrist from putting it over a steam vent (this was nasty, the wound kept opening up under the bandage when I grappled)
Multiple facial cuts around the eyes from collisions and punches.
Dislocated right shoulder (tried a forward roll in karate, my form was pretty bad)

Some kid threw a brick at me when I was young hit me on the bridge of my nose. Its a weird scar.

Thats all I got.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
-got hit by 480v and blew both my elbows out and on the back of my left hand
-multiple scars from working commercial construction for almost ten years
-pipe wrench fell on my face (25lbs from 15 ft up) three surgeries gave me a plastic/cadaver cartilage nose and titanium in my cheekbone, nad now when I smile the right side doesn’t curve up :confused: (gives me a “wry smile” LOL)
-stabbed five times when I did a little time in jail when I was 18 (I kept my shoes) resulted in three surgeries on my right hand and severely limits my grip (better the hand than the neck)
-shoulder surgery (rotator cuff/ac joint)
-knee surgeries (both knees)
-when I cut my hair short, I have some nice scars on my head from a bar fight
-beauty on the bottom of my foot when I got pushed into a steam on my fourth birthday - landed on glass and almost lost my toe
-broken ribs
-broken ankle
-broken jaw
-broken neck (yes I’m a LUCKY mutha fucka)
-split lip

That’s all I can think of right now.
[/quote]

Damn man, no wonder you’re angry.

I have a bunch of tiny scars from running through a plate glass screen door in my underwear as a kid.
I have a small piece of a beer bottle in my head just inside my hair line from a bar fight.
Dime sized scar just under my knee cap from stepping into a hole and stabbing my knee on a small pipe, it cut out the meat like a whole punch, I could see the tendon. I was a kid and wasn’t supposed to be were I was so I didn’t tell my folks, it healed on its own eventually, damn lucky it didn’t get infected.
Ripped all the tendons and ligiments off my ring finger in a football game, the knuckle near the nail hasn’t moved since.
Road rash ring around my skull from trying to stop a motorcycle with my head.
Thats pretty much enough for me.

Scar on my jaw from getting hit with a golf club
Scar above my right eye and on left ear from running into a concrete lamp post and consequently hitting my head on the street after my friend led me into it with a bad pass while playing street football.
3 concussions - 1 from snowboarding, 1 from the lamp post incident, and one from meeting a fullback in the hole my freshman year of football
Scar on my left knee from falling off a chain link fence, and catching the little prongs on top.
Fractured right forearm after my uncle threw me on my top bunk bed and I bounced right back off onto my arm.
Broke all 5 toes in my right foot after my dad ran over it awkwardly with our old Toyota.
A few burn marks here and there from embers falling on me during brush fires, in fact I just got a new one on my left forearm 3 days ago.
Oddly enough I rolled my truck three times down a tall ass bridge, and walked away with only a little scar on my right forearm.

Not so bad considering some of the other stuff I read…