Battle Wounds

Off topic, but awesome avatar, MrDan.

Major injury was being crushed by two 2600# pipes (1 rolled completely over me, the second stopped on top of me, on a concrete roadway) – bent 1 knee backwards, broke all but 3 ribs, collapsed lung, broke both collarbones, multiple skull fractures, blood & spinal fluid blew out both eardrums, neck injuries, double vision, tinnitus in both ears, etc.).

Minor ones: survived 2 car accidents (cars totaled, 3 deaths, just minor injuries), skull fracture after getting tossed into a wall, a couple of knee injuries/surgeries, lost part of a finger from a dog bite, and quite a few scars from working (archaeology/forestry/tree trimming/firewood selling/etc.) and screwing around as a kid.

What doesn’t kill us does make us stronger (and hopefully wiser…).

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
I caught a baseball bat with my cheekbone (10 stitches), somersaulted on a bike that lost its front wheel (18 stitches), and have lots of small scars from biking and playing volleyball. Fortunately most of my scars are minor.

Don’t worry, chicks dig scars.

Oh wait[/quote]

It’s so cute that you think I don’t want to attract chicks.

How about mental wounds?

OK I’m gonna quit being emo. I have 3 big scars on the top of my left foot from when I broke it. Two are scars from surgery, the third is like a circle from where the bone popped out! Awesommmme.

I was pretty accident prone as a kid. I have been electrocuted 3 times, I fell 15 feet from a tree and landed on my back which knocked me out and gave me a concussion. I have also had my foot run over by a car.

I was also kind of stupid sometimes. I was melting a stick of solder over a candle and I turned to show one of my friends how cool it was. The molten solder dripped on my leg and melted a rivulet of skin off of my calf.

[quote]BarMan wrote:
I was pretty accident prone as a kid. I have been electrocuted 3 times, I fell 15 feet from a tree and landed on my back which knocked me out and gave me a concussion. I have also had my foot run over by a car.

I was also kind of stupid sometimes. I was melting a stick of solder over a candle and I turned to show one of my friends how cool it was. The molten solder dripped on my leg and melted a rivulet of skin off of my calf.[/quote]

I got hit by 480 one time too. That was easily the most pain I’ve been in ever. I ended up blacking out, falling off the ladder, and dislocating my shoulder in the process.

Also, I got a concussion playing roof football one time. GOt the touchdown though, totally worth it

[quote]MrDan500 wrote:
1 melted off part of the skin on my palm with a glue gun
[/quote]

Glue guns are bitches. One of the worst jobs I had when I was temping during the last recession was glueing cardboard boxes together in a warehouse. They didn’t provide gloves and all the glue guns leaked, so everyone got burned. I still have the scar on my thumb.

Also got the usual childhood scars - put my tooth through my lip falling over, split my eyebrow running into the corner of a marble table as a toddler, scar on the back of my thigh from climbing over railings.

Not too much as an adult - one on my throat and one on my arse from having suspect moles cut out (the were non-malignant, it turned out) and a nice one from foreplay. Don’t ask.

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:

Not too much as an adult - one on my throat and one on my arse from having suspect moles cut out (the were non-malignant, it turned out) and a nice one from foreplay. Don’t ask.

[/quote]

you just made it impossible not to…

[quote]Nick Danger wrote:
Major injury was being crushed by two 2600# pipes (1 rolled completely over me, the second stopped on top of me, on a concrete roadway) – bent 1 knee backwards, broke all but 3 ribs, collapsed lung, broke both collarbones, multiple skull fractures, blood & spinal fluid blew out both eardrums, neck injuries, double vision, tinnitus in both ears, etc.).

Minor ones: survived 2 car accidents (cars totaled, 3 deaths, just minor injuries), skull fracture after getting tossed into a wall, a couple of knee injuries/surgeries, lost part of a finger from a dog bite, and quite a few scars from working (archaeology/forestry/tree trimming/firewood selling/etc.) and screwing around as a kid.

What doesn’t kill us does make us stronger (and hopefully wiser…).[/quote]

Holy fuck. How did this happen?

I have a prominent moon shaped scar above my left eye brow from running with a horn that had no rubber noise maker on it and fell on the exposed end causing me to get stitches. I was like 8-10 years old at the time. No broken bones, knock on wood.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:

What doesn’t kill us does make us stronger (and hopefully wiser…).

Holy fuck. How did this happen?[/quote]

They don’t call him Nick Danger for nothing!

• 3 half inch scars around my left shoulder from surgery.
  • scar on my ring finger, second knuckle to tip of finger, from when my little bother slap shot a hockey puck out of my hand. (no warning at all that little bastard) skinned my finger like a banana.
  • scar and dent in my shin, someone threw a hammer at me, and the claw that removes the nails, got stuck in my shin. SOOOOO much blood, but it was cool having a hammer stuck in my leg through jeans.
    -broken and rebonded front teeth twice
    -broke my right hand at least 2 times, one time resulting in boxer’s knuckle.
    -scar on right forearm, punched through 1/8 inch plastic window (it wasn’t lexan or plexi, just weak, sharp plastic)

All but the surgery and boxer’s knuckle happened before the tender age of 12.

Broken arm, collarbone, thumb, big toe, wrist. Blood poisining twice.

In high school metal shop I was running a lathe. I had a part in the chuck that I had to file down, problem was the file had no handle, just the tapered point about two inches long. So i’m filling away and my hand just kinda gets thumped and my hand shots back…hmmm.

I shut the machine down and just stand there…the dude beside me starts to piont at my hand and yells for the teacher and I’m thinking whats his problem…then I look down at my hand and the file is sticking out of my wrist. It got caught on one of the chuck jaws and shot backwards into my wrist right up to the end of the handle. Came right out but I got blood poisining from it…I deserved it for being dumb…probably stoned at the time lol.

Surgery scars on my knees, shoulder, and behind my right ear. Shoulder looks the worst, ear is probably the best story. Dr basically cut it off and folded it over my face to do the work, then sewed it back on.

Not as much scar but a small chunk taken out of my cheek from a Dachsund when I was a baby that’s still kind of there.

Knuckles have scars from fights, few on my hands from knives too.

-got hit by 480v and blew both my elbows out and on the back of my left hand
-multiple scars from working commercial construction for almost ten years
-pipe wrench fell on my face (25lbs from 15 ft up) three surgeries gave me a plastic/cadaver cartilage nose and titanium in my cheekbone, nad now when I smile the right side doesn’t curve up :confused: (gives me a “wry smile” LOL)
-stabbed five times when I did a little time in jail when I was 18 (I kept my shoes) resulted in three surgeries on my right hand and severely limits my grip (better the hand than the neck)
-shoulder surgery (rotator cuff/ac joint)
-knee surgeries (both knees)
-when I cut my hair short, I have some nice scars on my head from a bar fight
-beauty on the bottom of my foot when I got pushed into a steam on my fourth birthday - landed on glass and almost lost my toe
-broken ribs
-broken ankle
-broken jaw
-broken neck (yes I’m a LUCKY mutha fucka)
-split lip

That’s all I can think of right now.

1. 6 inch scar on my lower back from flipping a four wheeler on a hill. It caught a root climbing up a hill flipped and pinned me to a oak tree.

2. 2 inch gash near left achilles tendon from a farming accident.

3. scar in eyebrow (hidden by eyebrows) - brow was split while using a tamp rod digging holes for fence posts.

4. 7 inch star from ortho-surgery from ripping distal deltoid tendon while playing baseball in high school.

5. indentation on my hand near the 5th metacarpal from hand surgery, got in a fight, broke my hand. required surgeries and pins holding my hand together. 5th metacarpal crushed, 4th broken, 3rd shifted.

6. 5 incher on inner forearm from jumping over a barbed wire fence and getting caught!

For those of you who think scars are cool, you think that until you have a real scar. I mean a REAL scar. You will quickly change your mind.

Took a shovel to the head when I was younger, 17 external and 8 internal stitches. Have a small scar on my forehead from running into a table when a kid. More recently had a large brass frog land on my forehead, 5 stitches there.

I have a bunch of other scars too. Big thick one on my left calve from taking out the trash w/broken glass in it. One on my back from being thrown through a window. Those are just some of them. I am messed up.

I feel embarrassed for what I have posted lol.

I just remembered a couple more.

-Torn meniscus in my left knee
-A nasty scar on my knee from when I tried to hop a chain link fence with wet sneakers. My foot slipped and the twisted barb at the top went in under my knee cap. I hung from my knee for about 15 minutes before someone heard me yelling.
-Slammed a locked car door on my hand when everyone was inside (I went back to the car to get something) lost 3 finger nails when I had to rip my hand out myself because know one heard me yelling for help.
-almost drowned at a pool party before I knew how to swim. Nobody hurried to jump in because they thought I was faking.
-I have a permanent egg on the back of my head from flipping over my bike handle bars with no helmet on. The peg nailed the back of the head knocking me out.
-choked on fried clamstrips at a child, passed out, came too with 2 blood red eyes, from broken blood vessels, and more broken blood vessels all over my face. Looked like someone drew on my face with red pen. My eyes were messed up and red like this for weeks.