Battle Rope/Prowler Rope Alternatives?

I am looking for indoor solutions for the following:

• What is a good alternative for battling ropes? Keep in mind I go to a Globo Gym so I can’t bring in old hoses or anything to tick them off. I’m surprised I get away with lifting without my shoes on…

• Alternative for Prowler rope pulls? Get on a C2 rowing machine and turn the resistance up? Again Globo Gym :-\

I would think it would depend upon what your reasons for doing work with ropes are. If it’s just cardio then I guess anything could replace it but if you are working on grip strength then it’s a different matter.

Does it have to be done in the gym? Why not do them on a off day at home?

[quote]jessthebest wrote:

• What is a good alternative for battling ropes? Keep in mind I go to a Globo Gym so I can’t bring in old hoses or anything to tick them off. I’m surprised I get away with lifting without my shoes on…

• Alternative for Prowler rope pulls? Get on a C2 rowing machine and turn the resistance up? Again Globo Gym :-\

[/quote]

There really aren’t any exercise that can truly replace these two, sorry.

The rower isn’t a bad idea, will not have the exact same effect, but it is a decent replacement.

I currently have access to that equipment but I’m deployed right now so when I get home in a bit, I’m trying to explore ways to continue my work capacity sessions. I don’t want to return and get fluffy haha You are right, nothing comes close to the benefits I can from pulling a Prowler or snapping ropes.

I guess I could do them outside, just the gym works best because its a central location. I ride my bike to work, lift weights, go to work, then at lunch I do cardio to wake myself up so if I could have a central location to do all of these exercises then it would help me be consistent//develop a pattern. Outside the gym works too… I would just have to grow a pair and deal with the cold outside. Extra incentive to work harder, right?

I’ve entertained the idea of getting old fire hose, cutting it up, and finding a place to store it in the vicinity of the gym. They also have a rope climbing machine that I could consider as an alternative. My goals involve strength and conditioning so that’s what I’m trying to achieve with these tools.

[quote]jessthebest wrote:

[/quote]

There is a brand new product that is in Men’s Health gift guide called the sandrope that is a 10 ft long 30 lb neoprene tube filled with sand. Takes up less space and can do a lot without anchoring.