T Nation

Batteries & Razors

i need to buy a battery charger. i am amazed at how fast my mouse batteries in particular run out. then you have cameras and all the other technology. so is there any battery charger you recommend?

second question. i’m looking to go from a blade to an electric razor. i’m taking a look at the norelco brand. i’m thinking that the lotion dispensing type would be better for sensitive skin then the dry. however i’ve never used an electric. anyone have an opinion on this or recommendation?

Hmm, not sure it matters what recharger you get… as long as it works. Things to consider might be what sizes it will charge and how many it can charge at once.

As for the electric shaver, I’d personally rather not have anything dispensing anything on my face. If I want something on my face I’ll put it on there myself.

I think it’s a gimmick, but your mileage may vary.

While the charger doesn’t matter much, the batteries do.

I used to be able to take about 15-20 pictures with my digital camera before the batteries would run out.

Turns out I wasn’t aware at that time that rechargeable batteries come in different “strengths.” Since I’ve switched to using 2300 mAh batteries in my camera, I can take over 100 pictures before needing a recharge.

You might want to try that with your mouse. Often, a battery still has a charge, but doesn’t supply enough amps for whatever purpose you need it.

As for the charger, I generally use the one that comes with the batteries or that is rated for the batteries being recharged.

My electric razor works great. My biggest complaint with it, and the reason I stopped using it is that the razors go dull in it rather quickly and are expensive to replace.

The razors cost about $50.00 bucks and last a few months of daily shaving.

[quote]provy07

second question. i’m looking to go from a blade to an electric razor. i’m taking a look at the norelco brand. i’m thinking that the lotion dispensing type would be better for sensitive skin then the dry. however i’ve never used an electric. anyone have an opinion on this or recommendation?[/quote]

I have a Norelco electric razor. I forgot the exact brand but back then, it costed me like $130. Invest in something good, its worth it, mine still works perfectly. I also considered the one that dispenses lotion, but I didn’t find it useful since I use my razor once I got out of the shower. At first, your face-hairs will have to get used to the electric razor, but from there on, it will be fine.

I think pete mentioned the blades are expensive and get dull real fast; not true in my case, mine costs like 30 bucks and I can go up to an year without replacing them.

jet

thanks for all the replies everyone. i’ll get in touch with you.