Batman vs Wolverine

Anything planned by batman would have to be perfect for wolverine not to smell, hear or see something off. You’d have to decapitate him and take the head away from the body without him killing you first, even decapitation won’t work if you don’t take the head away.

In a random encounter wolverine can’t lose. In some kind of planned battle it’d come down to just how much batman knows about wolverine, how good his plan is and his ability to not get killed in executing it. As far as wolverine being knocked out goes, from my reading he can be knocked out, but it’d much, much harder to do than to a normal person and he’d probably be up again in less than a 10th of the time it would take a normal person to recover. This is a man who has been torn in half and lived to tell the tale/kill again.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
As much as wolverine is supposed to be the ultimate badass, Batman is the ultimate tactician, and you have to believe that he would be a few steps ahead of any opponent he would face. THat’s essentially Batman’s superpower, his intellect.

S
[/quote]

He would offer Wolverine a toxin-laced Pop Tart as a peace offering. Wolverine would fall for it.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
This is gonna be a god awful debate without more comic fans. I’m getting beer and going to watch Zombie land!

Later, Bitches.[/quote]

See revised post ^ (Maniacal Cackle!!)

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
As much as I like Wolverine I think Batman would beat him.

They should have that fight show like the Deadliest Warrior where they put two worries head to head and see who wins. Taking into consideration their tools and skills and input it all into a computer.

Can be like Deadliest Comic Character(?) [/quote]

I would totally watch that.

And Batman chooses not to kill more, he very easily could.

I vote the Dark Knight.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Why do people always complain about batman, its a comic book character, it’s like saying superman is unrealistic no shit it’s a fucking comic.[/quote]

Superman is unrealistic - at least Batman wears a mask. Supes just throws on a suit and a pair of glasses and everybody starts calling him Clark Kent. Lex Luthor is apparently one of the greatest minds on the planet, and yet he can’t see past a pair of fucking spectacles!

1 Like

The Hulk ripped wolverine in half and threw his legs up a mountain. Wolverines bones can be broken.

Wolverine isn’t much more than a really strong fighter (with sharp claws…) who can take a hell of a lot of punishment.

I feel as thought a liquid nitrogen batarang would stop him cold in his tracks.

also, wolverine isn’t ridiculously strong. Toe to toe, batman would probably just get tired at some point, but that isn’t his style.

You’re talking a guy who does all his fighting toe-to-toe and a guy who stealths in the shadows.

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
The Hulk ripped wolverine in half and threw his legs up a mountain. Wolverines bones can be broken.[/quote]

Not broken. Ultimate Wolverine’s vertebrae could be separated like normal vertebrae, and there would be no damage done to the adamantium. After all, his spine isn’t going to be fused into one solid piece, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to walk.

The Weapon X program only treated his skeleton with adamantium - the connective tissue wasn’t modified. Hulk’s ability to pull Wolverine apart doen’t mean he was snapped in two. Besides, Batman isn’t The Hulk.

Wolverine doesn’t do all of his fighting in the open. Wolverine loves a good scrap, but that doesn’t mean he’s totally out of his depth when it comes down to a good old-fashioned battle of wits. You’re also assuming that the odds are always going to be in Batman’s favor. It’s very convenient to say that Batman is always going to be attacked by Wolverine and not the other way around…

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Batman would win. Why? Because Batman is more popular and his fans won’t allow him to lose.

The argument would go like this:

Batman Fan: Batman would plan his fight ahead and he would set up traps and cool shit

Wolvie Fan: But Wolverine could cut his way through it and his healing factor would keep him up.

Batman Fan: But Batman would!

Wolvie Fan: But Wolverine would!

Rinse and repeat.

With proper planning on both sides: Batman

Random Encounter: Its a toss up. [/quote]

I agree with all of this. Except for the parts where Batman wins :wink:

There wouldn’t be a random encounter. Batman is too smart for that.
I can imagine batman using some type of magnetic contraption that would enable him to control wolverine’s movement (in a similar fashion to magneto). If that happens, case closed.

[quote]The other Rob wrote:

I know who I’d bet on. Barring some way of stopping wolverine from healing or some kind of mind control I think I’d bet on him against anyone.[/quote]

Hulk

All this talk about Wolverine beating Batman assumes that the two would just square off toe-to-toe. Batman would never toe the line with Wolverine because he’s smart enough to know he can’t win that fight. He would probably do something like invite Wolverine to Wayne Labs under the guise of Bruce Wayne, run some tests on him for some bullshit reason that Wolverine would fall for, then use the results of the test to devise some super-weapon or infallible strategy to defeat him should they ever cross paths.

Batman can take out anyone in the DC Universe and he knows exactly how he’ll do it since he has a dossier on every superhero in DC just in case. He just can’t do it in a good old-fashioned street fight. He knows when to retreat and when not to, and no matter how much experience Wolverine has, Batman is still a lot smarter. He may not win the battle, but he’ll always win the war. Look at how he fought Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. He took it to that motherfucker then faked his own death in order to escape what would have been certain death in order to live another day and start a whole new battle against tyranny and evil. I think Batman would probably have some sort of electro-magnetic device that would render Wolverine impotent.

[quote]iwong wrote:
I can imagine batman using some type of magnetic contraption that would enable him to control wolverine’s movement (in a similar fashion to magneto). If that happens, case closed.[/quote]

Batman isn’t too smart for a random encounter. If he was he’d have put his entire rogues’ gallery to bed a long time ago: if Batman was so intelligent, then he wouldn’t need an army of employees to design and build the technology he needs to win fights.

His main asset is his fortune, IMO. Even with near- unlimited wealth, I’d still take Stark’s tech over Bruce Wayne’s…

I noticed a lot of guys in this thread consider Batman’s planning and strategic prowess infallible or something. He’s made mistakes in the comics quite a few times. It doesn’t mean Logan’s a better tactician of course, but Bats isn’t perfect. He can’t think of everything.

I’ll give this to Wolverine based on superior, heh, ‘genetics’, greater experience, vastly better weapons, being a bit stronger (doesn’t he weigh 300lbs according to Marvel), inability to die, and generally being a whole lot more badass.

[quote]roybot wrote:
iwong wrote:
I can imagine batman using some type of magnetic contraption that would enable him to control wolverine’s movement (in a similar fashion to magneto). If that happens, case closed.

Batman isn’t too smart for a random encounter. If he was he’d have put his entire rogues’ gallery to bed a long time ago: if Batman was so intelligent, then he wouldn’t need an army of employees to design and build the technology he needs to win fights.

His main asset is his fortune, IMO. Even with near- unlimited wealth, I’d still take Stark’s tech over Bruce Wayne’s…

[/quote]

If he was willing to off his enemies, he’d have none.
Agree on the random encounter thing. Checkout the Hush story arc, he get’s outsmarted and manipulated multiple times. The whole arc with Jason Todd coming back as well.

Captain America went toe-to-toe with Wolverine, and he didn’t lose.

Captain America went toe-to-toe with Batman, and got KTFOd.

[I’d point out that Captain America has also hip-tossed the Hulk, but that would be [i]slightly[/] unfair given his universe]

There is a sword in the marvel universe that wolverine used to kill sabertooth that stops the healing process from happening. If batman could get the sword and use it he could really fuck up wolverine. In fact I would say he would end the fight pretty quickly cuz even if he doesnt kill him he can at that point cut off his arms legs just like any human. I wish I could remember the name of the sword. Wolverine is highly over rated when it comes to fighting he’s just like superman no real strategy just head on fighting because nothing can hurt them.

[quote]roybot wrote:
iwong wrote:

[/quote]

Batman could easily put the whole Rogue’s Gallery away for good, except that Arkham Asylum is apparently the easiest asylum to escape from ever. Besides, if he put them all away for good, there wouldn’t be any more Batman comics.

Batman is just a rich ninja, wolverine is stronger in my opinion and he seems to fight more aggresively.

[quote]artw wrote:
All this talk about Wolverine beating Batman assumes that the two would just square off toe-to-toe.[/quote] actually, the opposite is true: most people in the pro-Batman camp assume that Wolverine would walk into some elaborate trap prepared by the caped crusader. Wolverine is usually portrayed as some sort of knuckle-headed bruiser who’s quite happy to fall prey to whatever gimmick Batman has prepared at the time. [quote] Batman would never toe the line with Wolverine because he’s smart enough to know he can’t win that fight. He would probably do something like invite Wolverine to Wayne Labs under the guise of Bruce Wayne, run some tests on him for some bullshit reason that Wolverine would fall for, then use the results of the test to devise some super-weapon or infallible strategy to defeat him should they ever cross paths.[/quote] Again., that’s assuming Wolverine would fall for said bullshit excuse- he wouldn’t. Anybody with more than a passing knowledge of Wolverine’s history would know that.

[quote]
Batman can take out anyone in the DC Universe and he knows exactly how he’ll do it since he has a dossier on every superhero in DC just in case. [/quote] I might be wrong, but the idea that Bats has a dossier on every superhero in the event he needs to fight them is just fanboy propaganda. Has it actually been stated in the comics? [quote] He just can’t do it in a good old-fashioned street fight. He knows when to retreat and when not to, and no matter how much experience Wolverine has, Batman is still a lot smarter. He may not win the battle, but he’ll always win the war. Look at how he fought Superman in The Dark Knight Returns. He took it to that motherfucker then faked his own death in order to escape what would have been certain death in order to live another day and start a whole new battle against tyranny and evil.[/quote] Look at how Bane - a far less powerful adversary than Superman, or Wolverine for that matter - broke Bruce Wayne’s back and almost put him out to pasture for good[quote] I think Batman would probably have some sort of electro-magnetic device that would render Wolverine impotent.[/quote]

[quote]Vash wrote:
Captain America went toe-to-toe with Wolverine, and he didn’t lose.

Captain America went toe-to-toe with Batman, and got KTFOd.

[I’d point out that Captain America has also hip-tossed the Hulk, but that would be [i]slightly[/] unfair given his universe][/quote]

That’s kind of like MMAth (fighter x lost to fighter y, fighter z beat fighter y, so z beats x).
Doesn’t work like that most of the time. Styles make fights.
Of course I believe we aren’t considering the fact that any fight between the two would occur in a DC-Marvel universe mashing crossover where the outcome of any fight depended on how the authors were feeling that day. (Superman beats the Hulk 2/3 of the times, right)