Batman Under the Red Hood

Here’s the trailer for the latest DC cartoon/movie based on The Killing Joke and Under the Red Hood. This film for those not aware deals with the death and rebirth of the Jan Brady of the Robin clan the middle one Jason Todd. I’ve been really impressed with the original films DC has been putting out Crisis is amazing the Wonder Woman origin was done very well without being an insult to a strong female character.

As a bonus DC is continuing their short film series started with the Spectre on Crisis look for an original Jonah Hex short probably to promote the upcoming film with Megan Fox. Look for the release late July

I love the animated stuff the most, been waiting for this one to come out for awhile now.

DC has been getting better and better with these…even surpassing some of Marvel’s latest releases. I never thought they could have made Wonder Woman interesting enough for her own movie but they did. The last “Crisis” movie was very well done with James Woods doing a fucking great job on Owl Man.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DC has been getting better and better with these…even surpassing some of Marvel’s latest releases. I never thought they could have made Wonder Woman interesting enough for her own movie but they did. The last “Crisis” movie was very well done with James Woods doing a fucking great job on Owl Man.[/quote]
Yeah they’ve been real impressive, mostly I think due to not having to explain everythiung to the “norms” most fanboys have an idea of what’s going on with the characters and who’s who. Plus what’s not to love about the Wonder Woman movie? Steve Trevor trying to get Dianna drunk, Amazonian warriors whooping monster ass on the white house lawn, Rosario Dawson as Artemis awesome.

The Batman/'Wing vs Amazo fight is one of my favorite actions scenes in the time I’ve been reading comic books. Looking forward to that. And that’s not a spoiler, you saw it in the trailer, for almost two seconds.

Never really got into the DC universe as deep as I did with Marvel. So was it just me or did that one guy look like Deadpool?

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
Never really got into the DC universe as deep as I did with Marvel. So was it just me or did that one guy look like Deadpool?[/quote]

DeadPool is based off of Slade in the DC Universe.

Many of Marvel’s characters are answers to the DC version…like Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne.

The difference is, Marvel is often based in the “real world”, using real city names and more down to Earth Characters (usually). Marvel characters have deep emotional or social problems (Like Spiderman’s teenage angst or all of his problems with his identity).

Never really got into the DC universe as deep as I did with Marvel. So was it just me or did that one guy look like Deadpool?[/quote]
Who the red hood? Came out way before Leifeld came up with the merc with a mouth. The red hood was actually a bunch of different people a gang made wear a red hood and he pretened to be the leader of the gang. One day they chose a clumsy failed comedian, the batman showed up and said comedian fell into a vat of chemicals, he survived but his skin was stained pale white his hair was green and he his face was stuck in a horrific smile.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

DeadPool is based off of Slade in the DC Universe.

Many of Marvel’s characters are answers to the DC version…like Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne.

The difference is, Marvel is often based in the “real world”, using real city names and more down to Earth Characters (usually). Marvel characters have deep emotional or social problems (Like Spiderman’s teenage angst or all of his problems with his identity). [/quote]

Ahh yes I had forgotten Deadpool was based off of Deathstroke the terminator.
X did you read the Superman Batman annual where they are on a crusie ship that goes into Earth 2 and a deadpoolesque character shows up to kill Bruce Wayne? Hillarity ensues as the deadpool character beats superman about the head with his severed arm

A little disappointed there is no Kevin Conroy but still looking forward to this.

You know most sequels have been dropped because of poor sales due to pirating. But I hear there will be Public enemies 2, so at least there’s that.

[quote]drewh wrote:
A little disappointed there is no Kevin Conroy but still looking forward to this.

You know most sequels have been dropped because of poor sales due to pirating. But I hear there will be Public enemies 2, so at least there’s that. [/quote]

I am truly becoming against Pirating lately even though I did my share in college for music.
It is way too widespread now and people seem to act like it is some badge of honor to download some crappy version of a movie before it gets released just to say they did it.

In the 90’s, computer hacking meant a hell of a lot more than that s even that appeal is now lost.

[quote]drewh wrote:

You know most sequels have been dropped because of poor sales due to pirating. But I hear there will be Public enemies 2, so at least there’s that. [/quote]
They should do the story where the legion of super villians kills the kents and the waynes adn raise the World’s Finest this arc had a great version of Uncle Sam’s Freedom Fighters and a Ras Al Ghul ressurected zombie Justice League

Looks decent. Marvel > DC

I’ve been glad to see more and more of this produced by DC and Marvel, my comic geek is kind of delirious.

[quote]drewh wrote:

They actually have most of their animated movie projects planned way ahead of time. DC usually tries to run with who is popular and what comic arc can tie into their series. Batman/Superman comics are some of their best sellers. So your definitely gonna see another one. It’s gonna be based on the Supergirl, Darkseid arc.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]drewh wrote:

They actually have most of their animated movie projects planned way ahead of time. DC usually tries to run with who is popular and what comic arc can tie into their series. Batman/Superman comics are some of their best sellers. So your definitely gonna see another one. It’s gonna be based on the Supergirl, Darkseid arc. [/quote]
That could be good so long as Krypto’s in it
Batman “The dog doesn’t like her”
Superman “the dog doesn’t like anyone”

Krypto>Lassie Old Yeller and Flipper combined.

Just wanted to say I just saw this on Netflix streaming and it was SUPERB, i don’t even watch these DC/Marvel Cartoon Movies but this one was really well done. 8/10

Nobody seen this?

I watched Crisis on netflix streaming and have Red Hood on my Instant Queue. I really hope they keep adding more DC stuff to the watch instantly. That plus all the disney animated series from back in the day…