Batman: Gotham Knight DVDs

http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14238068/batman-gotham-knight/videos/goth_knight_dvd_041808.html

Damn, this looks great.

[quote]Majin wrote:
http://dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14238068/batman-gotham-knight/videos/goth_knight_dvd_041808.html

Damn, this looks great.[/quote]

Yeah, the idea is they are using six different anime artists (six different chapters done in six different styles) to bring one story to the screen. Is it out right now?

This looks awesome. It’s coming out around the release of The Dark Knight too… I can’t wait.

EDIT: I just downloaded and rewatched Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. Reminded me just how fucking incredible of a villain the Joker is. Also reminded me how fucking disturbing he is. As far as cartoon/comic book villains go, Joker is by far the freakiest. I can’t wait for both this and Dark Knight now…

I am really looking forward to this. Thanks for the post.

Check out thr old Batman series from the 90’s they did an episode like that based on children’s perspective. They did the campy 60’s Batman, the 80’s Dark Knight returns etc it was pretty good, of course all the Bruce Timm DC cartoons ruled.

I just watched the Justice League: The New Frontier this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised with its take on the series. It really was not geared toward children at all. The story mostly revolved around the Green Lantern(Hal Jordan version) and how he became Green Lantern.

Also it touched on Superman being a tool of the Government and Batman being a vigilante. McCarthyism and the Red Scare. I would really recommend it for anyone who is into comics. It also has The Making of Batman: Gotham Knight, as part of its special features.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
I just watched the Justice League: The New Frontier this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised with its take on the series. It really was not geared toward children at all.[/quote]

Was it the first or second person shot in the head that gave it away?

I agree, it was decent, but I still think they could have really gone all out on it and made it “darker” than it was.

Can’t wait…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Yeah, the idea is they are using six different anime artists (six different chapters done in six different styles) to bring one story to the screen.[/quote]

Yeah, the idea is like that of Animatrix. I think they’re using some of the same artists. Maybe this can become a trend…

i think i just came

Kewl. The animation looks sweet.

So is Batman going to straight up kill people?

Cuz I was pleasently suprised when I saw so James Bond drown some fool in the sink.

If they have Batman start killing people, I’ll shit my pants.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:

[/quote]

I hope not!

[quote]Guerrero wrote:

Cuz I was pleasently suprised when I saw so James Bond drown some fool in the sink.

If they have Batman start killing people, I’ll shit my pants.[/quote]

Batman doesn’t kill people, at least not on purpose…except for once. In the cartoon series that started Batman Beyond, he killed one man with a gun and that is what prompted him to retire. That was the first person he directly killed with the use of a firearm.

They can’t dispose of the base of that character…which is to help people.

I think he killed some people when he got locked up in Arkham prison all by himself.

I also think eh killed some people in No Man’s Land.

I could be wrong.

I know Batman’s isnt a killer, but sometimes fool’s gotta die.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
I just watched the Justice League: The New Frontier this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised with its take on the series. It really was not geared toward children at all. The story mostly revolved around the Green Lantern(Hal Jordan version) and how he became Green Lantern.

Also it touched on Superman being a tool of the Government and Batman being a vigilante. McCarthyism and the Red Scare. I would really recommend it for anyone who is into comics. It also has The Making of Batman: Gotham Knight, as part of its special features.[/quote]

Superman is not a tool of the government, never was. In the film he’s the one that bring’s the two groups together, he also in the begining is talking with Lois questioning McCarthyism, “there’ll will always be monsters like McCarthy etc etc”. Superman, just like all DC characters have changed with the times, in the late 30’s vigilante(holding slumlords by their feet outside windows), the 40’s(war propaganda), the 50’s were where the whole ma dad apple pie thing came from(name a superhero at that time who wasn’t). People seem to stop there and go “I don’t like superman he can do anything”, yet they’ve never read the fucking comic. Superman stands for ideals not any one governing body, for more of this read the new Superman Batman arc where the government creates a group of soldiers who have a power represented of superman using kryptonite.

Back to New Frontier and Gotham Nights, I personally can’t wait for Teen Titans Judas Contract where they’ll actually call Slade Wilson Deathstroke the Terminator instead of just slade, and do the whole Robin to Nightwing change(originally a Superman alter ego).

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Guerrero wrote:

Batman doesn’t kill people, at least not on purpose…except for once. In the cartoon series that started Batman Beyond, he killed one man with a gun and that is what prompted him to retire. That was the first person he directly killed with the use of a firearm.

They can’t dispose of the base of that character…which is to help people.[/quote]
When he was first introduced he carried a handgun and broke the neck of a criminal. Also he killed Ra Al Ghul in Batman Begins, his direct non-interferance lead to Ghul’s death

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Guerrero wrote:

They can’t dispose of the base of that character…which is to help people.
When he was first introduced he carried a handgun and broke the neck of a criminal. Also he killed Ra Al Ghul in Batman Begins, his direct non-interferance lead to Ghul’s death
[/quote]

You’re right. They have made a strong attempt in comics and graphic novels, however, to try to get him to avoid that at all costs, especially with a firearm.

Batman doesn’t kill people they just die of circumstances :slight_smile:

[quote]
Teen Titans Judas Contract where they’ll actually call Slade Wilson Deathstroke the Terminator instead of just slade, and do the whole Robin to Nightwing change(originally a Superman alter ego). [/quote]

^^I can’t wait for that either, I hope they touch on how Nightwing was originally a kryptonian superhero and how superman helped give him the name for the character.

teen titans has always been well done imo when they don’t fuck around making it a kid show too much

the whole Red X saga was fresh as fuck.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Nightwing …(originally a Superman alter ego).
[/quote]

Could you explain this?