T Nation

Batman Begins

Saw it yesterday so I figured I would drop a quick review to the folks of the Nation.

overall, it kicked ass.

Great action sequences, good sense of humor and timing. Great performances by Bale, Kane, whoever played the psychologist, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, and Gary Oldman. Kane’s performance as Alfred was quite good, his banter back and forth with Wayne were some of the funnier moments.

Katie Holmes performance was there, not necessarily something to write home about, but there none the less.

Gotham looked like Gotham, very monolythic and vast, not like the back lot of sesame street. The scenes on the glacier were impressive as well.

Wayne’s story leading up to becoming Batman was dark, displaying his personal struggles with fear and the memories of his dead parents, and how his obligation to saving Gotham develops…

I won’t spoil it, but do go see it, it’s worth seeing it on the big screen.

GAINER

I hear that Bale is pretty jacked in the movie.
It’s nice to finaly have an actor fit the part of a superhero ad not have to wear a rubber suit with fake muscles.

Eric

he wasn’t that jacked… but i saw the movie at the imax theatre FUCKING AMAZING.

One of the best movies I’ve seen in a LONG time.

Agree. Lot’s of action and a pretty neat story. I loved. My 10 yr. old boy really loved it. Should be a big hit.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

One of the best movies I’ve seen in a LONG time.[/quote]

Good to hear. I’ll hit it up tonight. I was waiting for the weekend, but I really want to see this.

I have read great reviews so far, especially from the New York Times.

I will check it out this weekend. I have been a fan of Christopher Nolan since Memento, and Christian Bale since American Psycho.

-J

[quote]
Good to hear. I’ll hit it up tonight. I was waiting for the weekend, but I really want to see this.[/quote]

I believe you are a Marvel Comic …

I agree with all the comments so far. It was awesome.

I felt Bale did a great job as Batman. In the fight sequences, it had much more of the feel of the comic book, where Batman is both strong and agile. No more of the stiff, “I’ll stand here and you run into my fist” style from the previous four films.

And maybe even more importantly, I felt that Bale got Bruce Wayne right.

[quote]hockeyguyman21 wrote:

Good to hear. I’ll hit it up tonight. I was waiting for the weekend, but I really want to see this.

I believe you are a Marvel Comic …[/quote]

I had to send my red boots in for repairs so I am only my mild mannered alter ego for the moment. That means I have to drive to the movie theater in a regular car instead of my flying motorcycle.

Best movie ever. Go see it right now.

Sounds good, trying to get my shift out to see it Sunday. Glad to still see a good movie coming out now and then.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

One of the best movies I’ve seen in a LONG time.[/quote]

This is good to hear. There’s an IMAX theater close to me where I was planning on seeing it. Was is really true IMAX, or did they just stretch the film to fill the screen like they sometimes do?

You wouldn’t happen to be in the Bay Area would you?

Is this film as good as Sin City?

I don’t like superheroes or comics in general becuase they’re mostly gay like superman. I’ve always kinda liked the real dark edged ones, the graphic novel types. Batman Begins hsould fit this mould. Looking forward to it.

Oh and btw even if Bale isn’t that jacked I think he did pretty well since he probably had to gain 60 pounds since the Machinist.

[quote]ConorM wrote:
Is this film as good as Sin City?

I don’t like superheroes or comics in general becuase they’re mostly gay like superman. I’ve always kinda liked the real dark edged ones, the graphic novel types. Batman Begins hsould fit this mould. Looking forward to it.

Oh and btw even if Bale isn’t that jacked I think he did pretty well since he probably had to gain 60 pounds since the Machinist.[/quote]

60? Try about 100 lbs. He was 120 for the machinist. He looked to be about 220 lbs of solid, solid muscle. His back/shoulders/chest looked awesome. He even has abs for cryin out loud. He looked at about 10 percent BF at 220.