Batista In Martial Arts?

For a 300 pounder, he’s fast. He can also punch hard, especially at 1:15. Could this guy be going into MMA?

He’s at least 38, and has no appreciable athletic background, so no. Lesnar is almost too old as it is to be starting at the the level he’s at, but he at least has a legitimate athletic background.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
He’s at least 38, and has no appreciable athletic background, so no. Lesnar is almost too old as it is to be starting at the the level he’s at, but he at least has a legitimate athletic background.[/quote]

Yeah, he’s old. But why do you think he’s training?

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
TJN713 wrote:
He’s at least 38, and has no appreciable athletic background, so no. Lesnar is almost too old as it is to be starting at the the level he’s at, but he at least has a legitimate athletic background.

Yeah, he’s old. But why do you think he’s training?[/quote]

Do you understand gettign old? things don’t work as well. I’m 44 and would not think of starting UFC stuff now. You get hurt to easy.

If Batista did this stuff for years and got into wrestling, maybe. but that’s if the skills were already there. It’s to late now.

Did it ever occur to you that he might be training in martial arts for his own personal development? Unless you think they are going to start sanctioning Knifes fights in the UFC.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
TJN713 wrote:

Yeah, he’s old. But why do you think he’s training?

Do you understand gettign old? things don’t work as well. I’m 44 and would not think of starting UFC stuff now. You get hurt to easy.

If Batista did this stuff for years and got into wrestling, maybe. but that’s if the skills were already there. It’s to late now.[/quote]

I understand what getting old is, but you didn’t answer my question. Why would he train?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that he might be training in martial arts for his own personal development?[/quote]

That’s a good speculation. Any other good ones?

[quote]Sifu wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that he might be training in martial arts for his own personal development? [/quote]

I agree with this! It’s just a video of him training. I imagine he’s a pretty competitive guy and is looking for some sort of new challenge in his life. Regardless… he’s a pretty awesome specimen to see. Pretty awesome physique and I’d be willing to bet he could handle his own in a confrontation.

J

Maybe he’s training because he enjoys that type of workout. It can’t hurt to have some sort of martial arts background for the profession he is in. Even though it’s fake [WWE], developing skills such as he was practicing can lead to better performance.

He would get mauled against any of the decent competition in MMA, though he’d probably take most average guys in a confrontation.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
the coach looks like he can beat the crap out of him[/quote]

Yes he can. http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1897767