T Nation

Bastardised PL-Esque Routine for Mass

I'm really getting interested in PL/WS type training, but, let's face it, I'm a narcissist, and muscle mass comes first.

So, I've decided to try to put PL type routine together, with a significant emphasis on hypertrophy.

Mon: Max Effort Bench
Flat BB Press - Work up to max sets of 3
OH DB Extension - 3-4 x 8-10
BO BB Rows - 3-4 x 8-10
BO DB Raise - 3-4 x 8-10
ABS - 3 x 8-10

Tues: Dynamic Effort Squat
ATG Squats - 8 x 3, working on speed and form
Front Squat - 4 x 6-8
GoodMorns - 4 x 6-8
Rack Pulls - 4 x 6-8
DB Curls - 4 x 6-8

Wed: Dynamic Effort Bench
Flat BB Press - 8 x 3, working on speed and form
Incline DB Press - 4 x 6-8
Pullups/downs - 4 x 6-8
Arnold Press - 4 x 6-8
Abs - 3 x 8-10

Fri: Max Effort Squats
ATG Squats- Work up to max sets of 3
Leg Press - 3-4 x 8-10
Romanian DL - 3-4 x 8-10
Hyperextention - 3-4 x 8-10
BB Curl - 3-4 x 8-10

Every 3 weeks the ME's will be switch to a new exercise, and rep ranges may change for the other stuff.

Ok, does this routine seem sound? Are there any serious errors? Or, have I completely lost my mind and ****ed the whole thing up?

Thanks for any replies

Is it working? If it is, do it! Personally, I would be fried from that routine!

You are doing speed squats, regular loaded front squats, good mornings, and rack pulls in the same workout?!!! Are you nuts or are you the next Brian Siders?

How on earth can you do so many pressing exercises in one workout and throughout the week?

You have WAY too much spinal loading going on throughout the week and in individual workouts. I predict burnout from this routine in two weeks, IF not from one session.

Dude, do yourself a favor. If you want to follow a Westside template and get bigger, simply follow a Westside template and eat more! There is hardly any use in "altering" it to get bigger. I have followed conjugated periodization, Westside style for a year and half and getting bigger as we speak since I finally realized that my food intake was not high enough. I do not do any more than 4 exercise per workout, including speed exercises. I have been to a Westside seminar and going to a Metal Militia seminar in March and getting heavily involved. So if you have any more questions, go ahead and ask. Again, get strong in a FEW exercises and eat more and you will see the mass come! In my view, volume is overrated to SOME extent!