Bastardised PL-Esque Routine for Mass

I’m really getting interested in PL/WS type training, but, let’s face it, I’m a narcissist, and muscle mass comes first.

So, I’ve decided to try to put PL type routine together, with a significant emphasis on hypertrophy.

Mon: Max Effort Bench
Flat BB Press - Work up to max sets of 3
OH DB Extension - 3-4 x 8-10
BO BB Rows - 3-4 x 8-10
BO DB Raise - 3-4 x 8-10
ABS - 3 x 8-10

Tues: Dynamic Effort Squat
ATG Squats - 8 x 3, working on speed and form
Front Squat - 4 x 6-8
GoodMorns - 4 x 6-8
Rack Pulls - 4 x 6-8
DB Curls - 4 x 6-8

Wed: Dynamic Effort Bench
Flat BB Press - 8 x 3, working on speed and form
Incline DB Press - 4 x 6-8
Pullups/downs - 4 x 6-8
Arnold Press - 4 x 6-8
Abs - 3 x 8-10

Fri: Max Effort Squats
ATG Squats- Work up to max sets of 3
Leg Press - 3-4 x 8-10
Romanian DL - 3-4 x 8-10
Hyperextention - 3-4 x 8-10
BB Curl - 3-4 x 8-10

Every 3 weeks the ME’s will be switch to a new exercise, and rep ranges may change for the other stuff.

Ok, does this routine seem sound? Are there any serious errors? Or, have I completely lost my mind and ****ed the whole thing up?

Thanks for any replies

Is it working? If it is, do it! Personally, I would be fried from that routine!

[quote]brickt. wrote:
I’m really getting interested in PL/WS type training, but, let’s face it, I’m a narcissist, and muscle mass comes first.

So, I’ve decided to try to put PL type routine together, with a significant emphasis on hypertrophy.

Mon: Max Effort Bench
Flat BB Press - Work up to max sets of 3
OH DB Extension - 3-4 x 8-10
BO BB Rows - 3-4 x 8-10
BO DB Raise - 3-4 x 8-10
ABS - 3 x 8-10

Tues: Dynamic Effort Squat
ATG Squats - 8 x 3, working on speed and form
Front Squat - 4 x 6-8
GoodMorns - 4 x 6-8
Rack Pulls - 4 x 6-8
DB Curls - 4 x 6-8 [/quote]
You are doing speed squats, regular loaded front squats, good mornings, and rack pulls in the same workout?!!! Are you nuts or are you the next Brian Siders?

[quote]
Wed: Dynamic Effort Bench
Flat BB Press - 8 x 3, working on speed and form
Incline DB Press - 4 x 6-8
Pullups/downs - 4 x 6-8
Arnold Press - 4 x 6-8
Abs - 3 x 8-10 [/quote]
How on earth can you do so many pressing exercises in one workout and throughout the week?

[quote]
Fri: Max Effort Squats
ATG Squats- Work up to max sets of 3
Leg Press - 3-4 x 8-10
Romanian DL - 3-4 x 8-10
Hyperextention - 3-4 x 8-10
BB Curl - 3-4 x 8-10 [/quote]
You have WAY too much spinal loading going on throughout the week and in individual workouts. I predict burnout from this routine in two weeks, IF not from one session.

[quote]Every 3 weeks the ME’s will be switch to a new exercise, and rep ranges may change for the other stuff.

Ok, does this routine seem sound? Are there any serious errors? Or, have I completely lost my mind and ****ed the whole thing up?

Thanks for any replies[/quote]
Dude, do yourself a favor. If you want to follow a Westside template and get bigger, simply follow a Westside template and eat more! There is hardly any use in “altering” it to get bigger. I have followed conjugated periodization, Westside style for a year and half and getting bigger as we speak since I finally realized that my food intake was not high enough. I do not do any more than 4 exercise per workout, including speed exercises. I have been to a Westside seminar and going to a Metal Militia seminar in March and getting heavily involved. So if you have any more questions, go ahead and ask. Again, get strong in a FEW exercises and eat more and you will see the mass come! In my view, volume is overrated to SOME extent!