Bassmaster Classic

Not sure if anyone else around here is an avid fisherman, but the Classic is going on here in my hometown this weekend. It’s awesome. ESPN 2 has the coverage all weekend if interested.

I’ve been a big fan since I was small. Don’t keep up as much with the fishermen, happens as you get older, but still love to fish and enjoy watching bass fishing on ESPN2 weekend mornings when I’m home.

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
I’ve been a big fan since I was small. Don’t keep up as much with the fishermen, happens as you get older, but still love to fish and enjoy watching bass fishing on ESPN2 weekend mornings when I’m home.[/quote]

Ditto. Great way to waste a Saturday morning.

I recall some great Saturday and Sunday mornings eating toast and watching Bill Dance and Hank Parker catch fish. Good stuff.

I drove down to watch the anglers launch this morning, sweet! Also, we have another Mardi Gras parade today, coupled with the Classic traffic, nightmare.

Anybody know where you can catch it online? I’ve been going crazy this winter waiting for the ise to melt, and I wouldn’t mind seeing some action.

I’m not too crazy about watching it, but I like doing it.

Last week I went out just to see what might hit and ended up having a ball. Found a big pod of rainbow trout and landed about a dozen. All of them a good 16-18 inches, very healthy and feisty.

The bass are all dormant now though. Later in the year when it warms up I have a few places that hold tons of them. They’re a blast.

[quote]altimus wrote:
Not sure if anyone else around here is an avid fisherman, [/quote]

A few of us…

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/the_fishing_thread

Oh… I had hoped this was about the Bass-O-Matic.

I cant wait to wear the ol thumb out hoistin up some bass this year. I am lucky to live about 1/2 mile from Lake Erie. Good small mouth and tons of walleyes to hook up with. We have a lot of good inland lakes for the large mouth. I’d love to be able to afford a set up like the pros use, nice triton with a 250 on the rear. Smokin!!! Lets go fishin

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
WxHerk wrote:
I’ve been a big fan since I was small. Don’t keep up as much with the fishermen, happens as you get older, but still love to fish and enjoy watching bass fishing on ESPN2 weekend mornings when I’m home.

Ditto. Great way to waste a Saturday morning.[/quote]

I can think of a better way.

I thought this was going to be about bass guitars.

Now that’s a letdown.

Skeet Reese won it. I listened to the weigh in on ESPN online. Guess I am a full-on fishing nerd!!

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
Skeet Reese won it. I listened to the weigh in on ESPN online. Guess I am a full-on fishing nerd!![/quote]

Yep! I just got back from the weigh-in. Reese needed 16.2 and brought in 16.12 I think it was. Iaconelli was gracious in defeat. They’ll be airing it all tonight 10pm ET on the deuce.