T Nation

Basmati Brown Rice vs Regular Brown Rice?

Does anyone know what the nutritional difference are between the two. Would I better off going with basmati brown rice or should I just stick with regular brown rice. Thanks

ttt

I REALLY wouldn’t worry about such trivial matters but I believe that Basmati rice has more carbs than regular rice. The brown version of any rice has more fiber and a bit more nutrient value. I prefer brown varieties in general despite the longer cooking time.

brown

Long grain (basmati) rice tastes infinitely better than short grain.

Short grain might as well be used as packing material. Worthless, except for use in sushi.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

Short grain might as well be used as packing material. Worthless, except for use in sushi.[/quote]

You’re such a food snob.

But yeah, he’s right.

[quote]pch2 wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:

Short grain might as well be used as packing material. Worthless, except for use in sushi.

You’re such a food snob.

But yeah, he’s right. [/quote]

Don’t worry, I’d only throw short grain at your wedding.

well atleast they’re both much better than white rice…thanks, I guess I’ll stick with my regular brown rice

I actually prefer the short grain. But it’s usually steamed and then fried in olive oil and mized with veggies and 3 eggs and a lot of steak so that could be the reason…

[quote]Brayton wrote:
I actually prefer the short grain. But it’s usually steamed and then fried in olive oil and mized with veggies and 3 eggs and a lot of steak so that could be the reason…[/quote]

Man, I haven’t been there in a long time…throw in a side of calamari steak with garlic butter and I’ll join you at the table.