Basic Strength/Size Template

@CT

Hi coach!

ok so the last few weeks i’ve manager to regain a lot of lost strength on squats and bench. with summer coming, now is the time to kick start my fat loss whilst hopefully seeing some strength and size gains.

please could you share your oppinion (and anyone else if they have any advice!) on the below, which is my plan for the next month along side HOT-ROX Extreme which arrived today (buzzing to get started!)

essentially still focusing on Squats and Bench, with some assistance to balance it up.

Workout A)

Olympic Squats: ramp to 3rm, 4-6sets of 3 @90% of ramp
Bench Press: 5sets of 5reps @80% of 3rm
Chin ups: 50reps
Band Pull-apart: 100reps

Workout B)

Bench Press: ramp to 3rm, 4-6sets of 3 @90% of ramp
Olympic Squats: 5sets of 5reps @80% of 3rm
Chin ups: 50reps
Band Pull-apart: 100reps

Conditioning Workout)

Rowing ~5min
targetted fatloss workout -abs/farmers walk, 10-15minutes
10min of core work
Rowing ~5min

so my week will look like this;

Workout A / B
Conditioning
Workout B / A
Conditioning
Workout A / B
Conditioning
OFF

so essentially focusing on bench and squats still, still using layers to a lesser extent which should hopefully bring results whilst allowing for optimal recovery.

whats your thoughts?? -i plan on keeping a bodycomp log for this too :slight_smile:

many thanks for you help -same to everyone else

Sorry for not actually answering but I just have to ask. How much do you weight? 50 chins is a big number to just read and not ask, are they strict or perhaps you meant total volume?

A little into topic, I’ve seen the target fat mobilization catch up lately but I remember CT saying it was just for those who are little bit away from displaying the abs. Maybe if your priority is size and strength you might be better off with regular conditioning instead. Correct me if wrong

[quote]Salpinx wrote:
Sorry for not actually answering but I just have to ask. How much do you weight? 50 chins is a big number to just read and not ask, are they strict or perhaps you meant total volume?

A little into topic, I’ve seen the target fat mobilization catch up lately but I remember CT saying it was just for those who are little bit away from displaying the abs. Maybe if your priority is size and strength you might be better off with regular conditioning instead. Correct me if wrong[/quote]

i’m 5’9, weight 170, 11% BF.

50 chin ups is total volume, i’ve actually adjusted this now to 4submax sets with 1 minute rest -getting about 12-10-8-8 this way.

i’m a little a bit away from my six pack coming back so targetted fat mobilization is ideal for me, especially since i hold all my weight around my abs and lower back unfortunately.

my original title was ‘a basic template for size and strength whilst focusing on fat loss’ - i know that sounds like a typical noob trying to do too much, but it was more me trying to focus on maintaining muscle and strength or maybe slightly increasing either aspect whilst focusing on my primary goal of getting to 8% BF.

just wondering if CT/anyone else thought the workouts (A and B) were a decent set up, or setting myself up for a fall.

i’m 2 weight sessions in now, and it feels really good.

getting some heavy work in with either Squats or Bench, following up with ‘lighter’ Bench or Squats which i think my body appreciates (Frequency wise).

admittedly i skipped conditioning yesterday as i spent 2 hours walking my firends dog haha so just did 10minute run on the treadmill.

was kind of hoping for a bit more support from the guys since i paid out for HOT-ROX Extreme but c’est la vie!

It sounds like six weeks to super hero program would fit your goals pretty well. It is build under the premise of fat loss because of the metabolic effect and build muscle with basic strength work.
Others more experienced will probably chime in to give you better advice don’t take it personal

[quote]Salpinx wrote:
It sounds like six weeks to super hero program would fit your goals pretty well. It is build under the premise of fat loss because of the metabolic effect and build muscle with basic strength work.
Others more experienced will probably chime in to give you better advice don’t take it personal[/quote]

i’ve always wanted to do the super hero program! but it simply isnt possible to setup all the circuits in my crowded gym.

thats why i like the layers -run to power rack and stay there!

i did have my own home gym for a while, but i’ve had to relocate for the foreseeable future :confused: