Basic HCG Question

So, I have 5000 ius of hcg. The other amp is bac water right? Do I need more bac water with the 5000 ius or is that enough? Can I mix the bac water and the crystalline substance right in the cracked opened amp or should I use an unsealed vial? Sorry for these very basic questions but I’ve found this whole hcg process very confusing.

This is how you use the amps of hCG:

Decide on the dose you will be taking and then reconstitute at the appropriate concentration to facilitate that dosage. I used 250IU EOD. That is the recommended dose.

My amps were 5000iu each. I recommend reconstituting with 2.5ml of Bacteriostatic Water. You were likely provided with only 1ml of the water in one of each pair of amps (one contains the freeze dried hCG and the other contains 1 ml of Bacteriostatic Water otherwise known as 0.9% NaCL). If you reconstitute with 2.5ml of Bacteriostatic Water it will yield you 5000iu hCG in 2.5ml of Bacteriostatic Water. This breaks down to 2000iu/ml.

You want a dose of 250iu EOD so you want 1/8th of 1ml (1/8th of 2000iu = 250iu). 1ml / 8 = 0.125ml. That is your EOD dose giving you 250iu each injection. You inject subcutaneously (under the skin - not in muscle) usually around the abdomen.

Normally you pinch some skin loosly between thumb and finger and use a 0.5cc insulin pin filled 13 lines (0.13ml is close enough to the 12.5 you want for 250iu).

Now how exactly do you reconstitute? You should buy a sterile vial that you will use to reconstitute. I recommend a small one = 5ml sterile vial. That way you have plenty of room for your 2.5ml and it is small enough so that you can get to every last drop.

You will also need to buy extra Bacteriostatic Water. It is not expensive and don’t bother with the miniscule 1ml amp of Bacteriostatic Water provided. Buy Bacteriostatic Water in as small quantity as you can find as you need only 2.5ml for each 5000iu of hCG.

Use a 3ml barrell with a 1.5" 25G needle to inject 1ml of Bacteriostatic Water into the amp containing the freeze dried hCG.

Let it sit for a minute while you inject the other 1.5ml into the 5ml sterile vial you will be adding the hCG to (that means you should fill the 3ml barrel with 2.5ml of Bacteriostatic Water before injecting 1 ml of it into the hCG amp and then injecting the rest into the sterile 5ml vial.

Now you have the sterile vial filled with 1.5ml of Bacteriostatic Water and the hCG amp with 1ml of Bacteriostatic Water combined with the freeze dried hCG.

Finally use the now empty 3ml syringe to extract the mixed hCG and Bacteriostatic Water in the amp (1ml) and inject that into the sterile vial.

Now you have 2.5 ml of Bacteriostatic Water mixed with 5000iu freeze dried hCG which means you have completed the reconstitution process and are now ready to use the hCG or refrigerate it until you are ready. It only has to be refrigerated once it is reconstituted.

Hope this helps.

QWow, that was really helpful. So, if you have 5000iu, then you would have 20 injections correct?

I’ve read that some people inject intramuscularly instead of under the skin. Is this advisable? I’m in the first week of my pct after a 10 week cycle. Is it too late to start the hcg at this point?

Thanks again.

[quote]Mike823 wrote:
QWow, that was really helpful. So, if you have 5000iu, then you would have 20 injections correct?

I’ve read that some people inject intramuscularly instead of under the skin. Is this advisable? I’m in the first week of my pct after a 10 week cycle. Is it too late to start the hcg at this point?

Thanks again.[/quote]

HCG is not to be used for PCT. It shuts down HPTA function, which is the opposite of what you want obviously.

You are supposed to use it during your cycle to stop testicular atrophy if that is something that concerns you.

Yes. That is 20 injections at 0.125 ml each (250iu).

Subcutaneous is easiest with a 0.5 cc slin pin. To go IM you would lose too much hCG in the longer needle and bigger syringe. Remember we are dealing with miniscule amounts around 1/10th of a ml.

The consensus of this forum is to use hCG during cycle and NOT for PCT.

Here is chillain’s explanation from the “Best use for 10,000 iu hCG” thread that he posted today:

“Post-cycle is bad because the goal is recovery along the entire HPTA axis and HCG (basically exogenous LH) will maintain shutdown at the pituitary level, which is where endogenous LH production occurs.”

Save your hCG for your next cycle.

[quote]Dynamo Hum wrote:
Yes. That is 20 injections at 0.125 ml each (250iu).

Subcutaneous is easiest with a 0.5 cc slin pin. To go IM you would lose too much hCG in the longer needle and bigger syringe. Remember we are dealing with miniscule amounts around 1/10th of a ml.

The consensus of this forum is to use hCG during cycle and NOT for PCT.

Here is chillain’s explanation from the “Best use for 10,000 iu hCG” thread that he posted today:

“Post-cycle is bad because the goal is recovery along the entire HPTA axis and HCG (basically exogenous LH) will maintain shutdown at the pituitary level, which is where endogenous LH production occurs.”

Save your hCG for your next cycle.[/quote]

Thanks, this was extremely helpful.

BBB’s elaboration:

In order to expand a little on what Chillain says:

HCG mimics LH in the male body right? OK, well that has it’s place, DURING a cycle, to prevent testicular atrophy.

BUT, if you use it at a time when your pituitary is just starting to recover and begin outputting its own measly supply of LH, what is going to happen? Your brain will ‘see’ the extra LH and so reduce its own output, leaving you back at square one.

BBB

Yes, use hCG 250iu SC EOD all through a cycle and not as PCT. But you can use hCG late in a cycle before PCT. By doing that you can get the testes physically recovered and production ready. Then when LH production resumes during PCT, there will not be a delay where the testes are waking up and not production ready. If you notice testicular shrinkage when on cycle, you really would benefit from this. This pre-PCT hCG use can be a few weeks - perhaps however long one amp lasts . Do not use more than 500iu EOD as you can then down regulate your LH receptors and then when you start making your own LH your own T production will be reduced and delayed.