Basic Foundation of Supplements

[quote]forbes wrote:

1. There are plenty of forum topics like this one. There was no reason to start a whole new thread on it.

2. You call that basic? Basic means the most bang for your buck with minimal cost. You’re taking everything under the sun. Not that its bad, but supplements are to add to an already balanced diet.

3. I take: -creatine
    -protein powder
    -fish oil
    -vitamin D
    -I will occasionally buy caffein/digestive aids as needed, during time I think I could benefit from them.[/quote]

There’s no reason to detract people from asking questions. That’s part of how Biotest pays their bills and finances the research to bring us the products that are currently available. What concerns me is BCJ has been a member here for nearly a decade and is asking questions he allready has the answer to. I’ve been here since 2005 (lost account somewhere in cyberspace here) and the products mentioned were the first I learned about when it comes to supplementation. I don’t know, anyway my staples have been

Whey protein (preferably Metabolic Drive)
Flameout
Surge
Creatine
whole foods

Oh, I forgot, Corn Pops FTW. Cinnamon Toast Crunch marginally

haha…all this cereal stuff…Im not sure what concerns you about me asking questions about stuff I may already have opinions formed on? I concern you in what context? Yikes hahah… Yes Ive been on here as long as I think there has been a T Mag…and Ive been in the iron game competing and coaching for many many years…I read alot, know alot of folks who are in the supplement industry themselves whether researchers or manufacturers, etc…I was just asking others opinions, and more specifically things like those doing EFAs, BCAAs, etc timing and dosages…didnt mean to get anyone annoyed…I never really used this supplement/nutrition part of the forum so I might seem like a stranger and maybe I dont have the flow and energy down of how you all regulars in this section operate. I was not meaning to offend nor annoy anyone (however thats life you will not easily please everyone).

I have alot of people I have coached and trained in various sports or specific occupations, and I do not read the muscle magazines or keep up on bodybuilding at all…yet many folks the bulk of their info comes from the magazine rack and internet forums where who knows if its “bro science” from the lockerroom or legit…and there are all kinds of “sexy” supplements Ive never heard of, or at least the names of the product and the ingredient list might be a blender mix of stuff I am familiar with…so, I have certain opinions on foundational stuff, and was just asking others so I had more input for those who come asking me. There is also lots of research on many other suppelements popular in the athletic community (maybe not as much in the bodybuilding I dont know), and in the anti aging community…with tons of research…so was curious to see if any of those popped up which I do not have listed but might take myself or know of others taking. As well I know folks who feel like they have to try every new sexy supplement that promises ripped abs or bulging vascularity, or increase in their peck dec reps hah…so Id rather steer folks towards, “hey if you have the basics but still feel the urge to do more…” to try things that are backed by science and seeming to have results based on folks testimony. Not all the hyped up BS that is out there.

Everyone has opinions, thats all I was asking for…opinions and personal usage of dosing and timing on certain things. If this thread is that annoying they can delete it or Ill edit my posts and delete the content so it doesnt cause any BP rise around here :slight_smile: