T Nation

Based on Experience: HST or DC

Okay heres a better thread dont know why I all that stuff last night,

More mass in your expierence DC or HST?

Oh also is 60 carbs on off days and 180-225 on work days enough to gain a good bit of weight?

60 Breakfast
30 PostWO
30 30-1hr after PWO
30 PostWO
30 30-1hr after PWO
Some sprinkle in as yogurt on cottage cheese throughout the day or maybe a sweet potatoe as a treat.

DEEP SIGH

Where the fuck do I start?

Forget it, I give up. Sorry

[quote]ballsout wrote:
Oh also is 60 carbs on off days and 180-225 on work days enough to gain a good bit of weight?

60 Breakfast
30 PostWO
30 30-1hr after PWO
30 PostWO
30 30-1hr after PWO
Some sprinkle in as yogurt on cottage cheese throughout the day or maybe a sweet potatoe as a treat.
[/quote]

Gee, are you sure you should be eating all of those carbs? I mean, you’ll just get fat, right?

Im not really worried about fat, I always walk around with a bulk belly from food. So, thanks for the answer, ballpark on what I should be taking in? 300?

Height, weight, fat and protein intake?

body composition?

5’ 9", 173, I cant track most of my food intake atm as the cafeteria doesnt offer nurtition info and I have yet to make a run to publix to get a digi scale, My fats are mainly from beef, bacon, chicken skin, eggs EFA and olive oil ~120g. Protein I get a ton I’d say 260g a day easy. BF ~11%

everytime i see threads like this i get this flashbacks to algebra word problems then my head starts hurting and i leave.

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
DEEP SIGH

Where the fuck do I start?

Forget it, I give up. Sorry[/quote]

haha

[quote]ballsout wrote:
BF ~11% [/quote]

Your bf% is 11% and you “have a bulk belly”? Sorry, but either you don’t have a bulk belly, or you are not 11% bf.

I’d suggest sticking to HST. Not only is it giving you results (as you yourself stated), but I’d honestly say that you are absolutely not ready to do DC. Save DC training for later, when you have a better grasp of all things bodybuilding (nutrition, exercise selection, etc…) and you eventually hit a wall with more “traditional” types of training.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
ballsout wrote:
BF ~11%

Your bf% is 11% and you “have a bulk belly”? Sorry, but either you don’t have a bulk belly, or you are not 11% bf.

I’d suggest sticking to HST. Not only is it giving you results (as you yourself stated), but I’d honestly say that you are absolutely not ready to do DC. Save DC training for later, when you have a better grasp of all things bodybuilding (nutrition, exercise selection, etc…) and you eventually hit a wall with more “traditional” types of training.[/quote]

x2

Sentoguy, the avatar of reason :wink:

In all fairness, you don’t have enough experience yet to make DC work for you. Get some time Under the Bar first and foremost.

[quote]varnish wrote:
In all fairness, you don’t have enough experience yet to make DC work for you. Get some time Under the Bar first and foremost.

[/quote]

QFT

Ahkay, are there any programs that might help me, later on, grasp the intensity needed for DC? Maybe a Mentzer program?

When will I know when Im ready? It seems like most of the guys who do it are +27. I think I already have pretty good raw numbers for only having 8 months under any kind of acceptable training/diet. Squat 360x3 DL 315x4 Bench 225x5, might do another cycle of HST and then something like Max-OT to bring them up further. Maybe someone could suggest another program for me to look into?

I thought bulk belly was just the protruding stomach that is always full of food, and when you shit it goes away, thats what I have. My bad, learn something new everyday.

Don’t count your carbs. Heck, stop counting period. Just eat and lift heavy and get enough rest. I’ve gained 50 pounds in a year and a half without counting this or that. Make sure you get enough good quality food but other than that just relax. Keep it simple.

[quote] for only having 8 months under any kind of acceptable training/diet. quote]

3 years is the minimum for DC training and there is good reason for it. Threads like this are one of those reasons. If you are asking guys what your carb intake should be you need more experience learning nutrition before you can possibly handle the ENTIRE DC philosophy. That’s training DIET and cardio… only know 1/3 of the puzzle and you’ll get 1/3 of the results(if that).

This is not an insult to you just the truth as I see it.

You wouldn’t put a 15 year old who just walked out of the DMV with their learners permit in the Indy 500 would you? They’d drive mostly on quiet neighborhood roads… then a 2 lane highway and then build up to the 6 lane superhighway over weeks/months… start that kid on the 6 lane highway and he’s going to crash and burn. See what we are saying here?

[quote]ballsout wrote:
Squat 360x3 DL 315x4 [/quote]

What you do is not called squatting.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
for only having 8 months under any kind of acceptable training/diet. quote]

3 years is the minimum for DC training and there is good reason for it. Threads like this are one of those reasons. If you are asking guys what your carb intake should be you need more experience learning nutrition before you can possibly handle the ENTIRE DC philosophy. That’s training DIET and cardio… only know 1/3 of the puzzle and you’ll get 1/3 of the results(if that).

This is not an insult to you just the truth as I see it.

You wouldn’t put a 15 year old who just walked out of the DMV with their learners permit in the Indy 500 would you? They’d drive mostly on quiet neighborhood roads… then a 2 lane highway and then build up to the 6 lane superhighway over weeks/months… start that kid on the 6 lane highway and he’s going to crash and burn. See what we are saying here?[/quote]

Thanks that was a very good answer.

And I do squat at or below parallel (depending on time of day, stiff in the am.) Squatting and pull-ups are the only things I’ve been doing on a consistant basis since freshman year, so they are my best movements. 360x3 isnt a bit claim especially since I’m genetically inclined for it, long torso, medium/short legs.

what exactly about DC training requires advanced knowledge about (which) subjects?

[quote]kickureface wrote:
what exactly about DC training requires advanced knowledge about (which) subjects?[/quote]

If you have to ask, you shouldn’t even be worrying about it. :wink: