Baseball and Amphetamines

Does the MLB’s ban on amphetamines include high doses of caffeine?

I was wondering why do they cosistantly pound them over shit. They need to leave them alone before they ruin the game.

[quote]unforgiven2 wrote:
I was wondering why do they cosistantly pound them over shit. They need to leave them alone before they ruin the game.[/quote]

Either leave them alone or really get serious. If they really wanted to get rid of steroids and performance enhancers, they would expel anyone who tests positive the first time. Or just fucking loosen up and let players ‘supplement’ the way they have for decades. I would be equally happy with either.

Caffeine isn’t a controlled substance. Amphetamines are. In the past, a team doctor could prescribe (up to the whole team) pep pills. No longer. Only a personal physician can do this. Most feel uneasy doing this, as they have to give notice to the fed govt.

It was in the teams (thus the owners) best interest to keep the players high. At the peak of performance. Leaving greenies out in a bowl just inside the clubhouse made it easy for use. It didn’t track any sort of abuse or addiction. Hell, they were trampled on underfoot from spillage.

Look at the short term benefits (making lots of money) vs. long term effects (addiction and a host of ailments from long term amphetamine abuse) Clearly, it isn’t in the players interest to use. But they did, to keep an edge, to keep sharp, increase their contract, stay in the game.

Owners have been drug pushers and enablers. Is that a surprise? Hardly. To be surprised that players fail drug tests? Um, kinda hypocritical.

Players know, since the beginning of 2006 what’s banned. To fail, in Bonds’ case, is simple hubris. Why did it come out now, instead of when it happened, last year?

Creatine nd Andro wasn’t illegal when all this started, but they went after players records for it.

Atheletes have been using performance enhancers since early Greece. They may help good atheletes be better, but they don’t make someone who is not an athelete into an athelete. Besides is it really hurting anyone besides the athelete, let em make their own calls.

Plus, I think the game is better when phenomenal gladiators are doing stuff out of the norm. not regular Ol’ Joe just pulling off normal old stuff.

Creatine and Andro wasn’t illegal when all this started, but they went after players records for it.[/quote]

Creatine was is legal. It is found in meat.

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
unforgiven2 wrote:
Creatine and Andro wasn’t illegal when all this started, but they went after players records for it.

Creatine was is legal. It is found in meat.

[/quote]
right

Atheletes have been using performance enhancers since early Greece. [/quote]

Olive oil?

LOL just being a smartass