T Nation

Bartl's Back!

Guess whose back bitches!

Thats right, after taking a week off to let my body recover, go on a weekend bender and have some sex, I am back to training!

Things are a little different this time. I am hopefully going to be working with Thibs again in Version 2.0 but the dude is busier than a hooker on the streets of Quebec City and I am not one to pester. I have given him my next set of goals to accomplish and when he gets a chance, he will get me my new program.

Until then, I’m on my own and have chosen to do Mr. Chad Waterbury’s Anti-Body Building Hypertrophy Part I training program and for diet, well, I’m eating everything in site to try and put on some good mass.

Here are the guidelines for my new diet:

For those of you who need a refresher, here is the link to the program:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=244anti2

IF things don’t work out and Thibs is not able to help with the training, this program will lead me right up to the time when I need to start training for my next triathlon.

I need to eat a lot of food right now, so I will post my training from yesterday, as well as diet from today.

Time to put on some weight!

Bartl!!!

Nice to see you again, congrats on all the success. Look forward to following your progress again.

Tear em up big dawg!!

you did so good! Your avatar is smokin with those jacked shoulders!

I look forward to seeing what you do with the new you in the future.

Celeste

Ok. Lets get the formalities out of the way. Here is how I am going to do this:

I am not going to try and duplicate the clinic. It just won’t work. So I plan on taking and posting pictures, weight, measurements, food, training logs, general thoughts and rants…and of course I will rip on people. This time it won’t be limited to Shugs and Thibs but they are still targets. Anyone else…you are free game!

My goal -
I would like to put on between 10-12 pounds of good mass before my race training while maintaining or limiting the amount of lard I add.

Since I will be lifting 4 days a week, I plan on walking the other three. Also, I will need to continue to swim so I don’t lose my form or endurance for my next race. That will only be about 30-40 minutes a week, so just one session. Most likely done on Thursday’s.

Supplements: I will be taking -

HRX
Flameout
Metabolic Drive (MDC) - complete AND low-carb
Grow
BCAA’s
Superfood
Z-12
Spike Tablets
SWOF

not sure if I am going to take Carbolin 19-19, Alpha Male or Tribulex yet. Suggestions?

Lets begin: Training from yesterday

A1) Flat Bench - 10x3 – 245 lbs
rest 60 seconds
A2) Bent Over Row - 10x3 – 200 lbs
rest 60 seconds

Pretty simple session but I am sore as a mo-fo today. I based my weight off my last 1 RM session from Thibs and it was dead on accurate. The weight was perfect for both as I struggled with both at the end of the session.

I was also sweating like crazy. I had taken one scoop of SWOF pre-training with 10 BCAA’s and had another scoop during my training.

I have read a lot about Mr. Waterbury’s training’s and they most definitely don’t disappoint. I’m only one session in but I am stoked for this program. I just hope I can dial in my diet to make it happen.

Speaking of diet…here is my intake for the day:

2 eggs
1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1/2 cup sun dried tomato’s
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 scoops MDC
10 oz chicken
1/2 head iceburg lettuce
“Decadence” - (refer to diet article. but check this out: 2 cups of skim milk, 2 scoops of MDC, 2 T of peanut butter, 1/2 C fat free cottage cheese…fucking heaven!)
1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Trek Mix
10 oz chicken
1/2 head iceburg lettuce

Hows that for some food intake? Tomorrow will be a little different but for the most part things will stay the same every day, with some small tinkering.

I am basing my diet off of 4000 calories per lifting day and 3400 calories on non-lifting days. Thoughts?

I would like this to be interactive like the clinic, so feel free to post at will.

First pictures will be up on Sunday.

Until we speak again…

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Bartl!!!

Nice to see you again, congrats on all the success. Look forward to following your progress again.

Tear em up big dawg!![/quote]

man, a week off killed me! I was so bored and wanted to train so bad but knew I needed the break.

glad to see you’re the first one on here Tmoney!

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
you did so good! Your avatar is smokin with those jacked shoulders!

I look forward to seeing what you do with the new you in the future.

Celeste[/quote]

hey celeste,

thanks alot! I’m glad to see you keeping up with me again. Lets see what I can do on my own…

Glad to see you back in action, Bartl. I’ll be following this one for sure, as I know hilarity and awesomeness will ensue!

P.S.
Congrats on sex.

Hey about Tribex, Carbolin 19, and HOT-ROX I read a article about it on here a couple months back about taking HOT-ROX and Carbolin 19 because HOT-ROX already contains Carbolin 19. But heres the link for the article http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1930615

Glad to see you back on. Now its time for the hilarty and inspirtion to do my best training for AG.

Welcome back, Bartl!! I am very much looking forward to the next step in your progress. Consider this thread bookmarked.

Now, go out there and kick some more ass!

Congrats on all the success, and good luck!

http://www.hy-veetriathlon.com/
Hyoge triathalon in Iowa.

Well alrighty then! Glad to see your back at it! Can’t wait to see how this chapter goes.

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Glad to see you back in action, Bartl. I’ll be following this one for sure, as I know hilarity and awesomeness will ensue!

P.S.
Congrats on sex.[/quote]

Not to mention some good muscle gaining and more sex!

Thanks Sayjin! Loved your pre-clinic thread by the way…

[quote]mavis13 wrote:
Hey about TRIBEX, Carbolin 19, and HOT-ROX I read a article about it on here a couple months back about taking HOT-ROX and Carbolin 19 because HOT-ROX already contains Carbolin 19. But heres the link for the article http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1930615

Glad to see you back on. Now its time for the hilarty and inspirtion to do my best training for AG. [/quote]

I read that article as well, but am deciding to let the readers pick which supplement I should use. I picked those three, well basically because I’m un-original.

You see the one-legged AG competitor? Pretty cool…

[quote]darwin420 wrote:
Welcome back, Bartl!! I am very much looking forward to the next step in your progress. Consider this thread bookmarked.

Now, go out there and kick some more ass![/quote]

Right on Darwin! Looks like I got most of the regulars back on this thread, now we just need BigMoan, MikeTheBear and a few others and we have ourselves a party!

[quote]boyscout wrote:
Congrats on all the success, and good luck!

http://www.hy-veetriathlon.com/
Hyoge triathalon in Iowa. [/quote]

NEWBIE!

Thanks boyscout. I don’t recognize you from any of my clinic threads, so I’m glad you stopped by. That sounds like a fun race and a good course…I might actually have a reason to go to Iowa now.

[quote]dday wrote:
Well alrighty then! Glad to see your back at it! Can’t wait to see how this chapter goes.[/quote]

you and me both my friend…

[quote]Bartl wrote:
mavis13 wrote:
Hey about TRIBEX, Carbolin 19, and HOT-ROX I read a article about it on here a couple months back about taking HOT-ROX and Carbolin 19 because HOT-ROX already contains Carbolin 19. But heres the link for the article http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1930615

Glad to see you back on. Now its time for the hilarty and inspirtion to do my best training for AG.

I read that article as well, but am deciding to let the readers pick which supplement I should use. I picked those three, well basically because I’m un-original.

You see the one-legged AG competitor? Pretty cool…[/quote]

Well then since youve already been on HOT-ROX Id go with TRIBEX then since your bodys probably use to the HOT-ROX. Just my thoughts.

Yeah I saw that. I give that guy mad props just for finnishing.

[quote]mavis13 wrote:
Bartl wrote:
mavis13 wrote:
Hey about TRIBEX, Carbolin 19, and HOT-ROX I read a article about it on here a couple months back about taking HOT-ROX and Carbolin 19 because HOT-ROX already contains Carbolin 19. But heres the link for the article http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1930615

Glad to see you back on. Now its time for the hilarty and inspirtion to do my best training for AG.

I read that article as well, but am deciding to let the readers pick which supplement I should use. I picked those three, well basically because I’m un-original.

You see the one-legged AG competitor? Pretty cool…

Well then since youve already been on HOT-ROX Id go with TRIBEX then since your bodys probably use to the HOT-ROX. Just my thoughts.

Yeah I saw that. I give that guy mad props just for finnishing.

[/quote]

I was actually leaning towards Alpha Male…but might be a ordering time decision

I was starting to lose motivation without being able to look at your PC clinic thread daily. Great job with your transformation and good luck with your new goal. Next race your gonna have to enter as a Clydesdale!

Chris, you are the freaking man.

Ive been a sprinter and a thrower all my life, but thanks to you im gonna mix it up and enter the Urbanathalon in Chicago this fall.

Best of luck buddy.

–JB