Bartl vs. Sayjin: A Fat Loss Challenge

So I get a PM asking me to do a fat loss challenge. Why not.

Here are the rules:
Its a fat loss competition. He who loses the most weight (fat) over the course of this next program, wins. Its that simple. How long is the program? No clue really but my phase lasts 10 weeks, not to sure about Sayjin’s.

We will be eating pretty much the exact same thing. Diets are created by me and will change every 3 weeks. Each of us will be doing our own separate weight training programs. I have no idea what he is doing and he has a little idea of what I’m doing.

We are both riding the Biotest bandwagon with supplements and we will post them accordingly.

There are manditory bi-weekly weigh in’s. I will start tomorrow am with the weight in.

This is nothing serious. This is two guys sharing one common goal (fat loss) and we are going to have some fun with it. So why not make a competition about it and hold each other responsible.

Plus, there is no way he can beat me.

So, if anyone has any idea’s to keep this spicy, let us know and we will toss the idea around. If we like your idea, we will implement it. If you are an idiot and ask us to do something stupid, we will both make fun of you exclusively.

One thing I would like to see added with the bi-weekly weigh in, is measurements. I’m not doing 3/4 naked pictures until I do the V-Diet in September.

Let the games and the fat loss begin…

I’m cheering for both of you.

Good luck, look forward to reading about both of your experiences.

I am doing a similar challenge at work. Particularly with one friend of mine who i share a lot in common with regarding our build and weight. I am currently doing a scaled down V-Diet but without getting totally rid of food. Low carb and supplementing with HOT-ROX Extreme and Metabolic Drive Low Carb shakes. I am down almost 10 lbs. since Memorial Day weekend. My workouts thus far have only consisted of moderate cardio but i am in the process of cranking in the weight training while maintaining the cardio. I need to drop some serious weight between now and July 4th so any advise/encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your challenge too by the way…I’ll be interested to hear about your progress and what’s working for you.

this is probably gonna be the greatest thing on training logs…

if you wanna add a twist to it… see who can maintain or increase their strength while dropping bf%, using deadlifts perhaps…

or…

see who can get the most pics with girls admiring your abs lolol… ok im done

Great idea. Will be following every step of the way.

any body offering odds on this fight? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Bartl wrote:

One thing I would like to see added with the bi-weekly weigh in, is measurements. I’m not doing 3/4 naked pictures until I do the V-Diet in September.

[/quote]

Bartl, here I was all excited, hoping to see 3/4 naked pictures of you on the net again. Sigh. A girl can dream, can’t she?

On a more serious note, are you and Sayjin about the same height/weight currently? ie. Is it a “fair fight”? Should you be measuring by percentage of weight lost rather than straight up pounds lost?

[quote]ZeusNathan wrote:
this is probably gonna be the greatest thing on training logs…

if you wanna add a twist to it… see who can maintain or increase their strength while dropping bf%, using deadlifts perhaps…

or…

see who can get the most pics with girls admiring your abs lolol… ok im done[/quote]

The problem is he has abs and I don’t. Unfair fight there.

I do like the deadlift idea though. Would be interesting given both Sayjin and I have knee problems.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
any body offering odds on this fight? :P[/quote]

The odds of me winning are great.

The odds of him losing are great.

This will be a great battle.

[quote]Court wrote:
Bartl, here I was all excited, hoping to see 3/4 naked pictures of you on the net again. Sigh. A girl can dream, can’t she?

On a more serious note, are you and Sayjin about the same height/weight currently? ie. Is it a “fair fight”? Should you be measuring by percentage of weight lost rather than straight up pounds lost? [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea. According to his profile he is 5’9 at 195 while I’m 6" at 190.

At any rate, this should be an interesting battle indeed.

I’ll post my weight when I get home after my workout (not as accurate at that point, but its something to start with) and then get my measurements up ASAP.

[quote]Court wrote:
Bartl wrote:

On a more serious note, are you and Sayjin about the same height/weight currently? ie. Is it a “fair fight”? Should you be measuring by percentage of weight lost rather than straight up pounds lost? [/quote]

Not sure about the height or weight but I was thinking about this on my morning walk. I think it should be percent of weight loss not straight up loss.

IE…if I weigh in at 205 and lose 20 pounds, I will have lost something like 9% of my body weight. If he weighs in at say 200 pounds and loses 10 pounds, he wins because he lost 10% of his body weight.

Something to that affect.

Or we could do straight up % loss but that require getting body fat tested as well.

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Court wrote:

On a more serious note, are you and Sayjin about the same height/weight currently? ie. Is it a “fair fight”? Should you be measuring by percentage of weight lost rather than straight up pounds lost?

Sounds like a good idea. According to his profile he is 5’9 at 195 while I’m 6" at 190.

At any rate, this should be an interesting battle indeed.

I’ll post my weight when I get home after my workout (not as accurate at that point, but its something to start with) and then get my measurements up ASAP.[/quote]

I’m actually more around 205 right now :frowning:

[quote]Bartl wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
any body offering odds on this fight? :stuck_out_tongue:

The odds of me winning are great.

The odds of him losing are great.

This will be a great battle.[/quote]

Why speak when I can have the great Russian do it for me?

So the profile is just lying to get the chicks? I see what you’re doing here, Chris!

I just got my bf% tested a week or two ago, so if you want to get yours done at some point we could do that as well and then get it done again at the end of this, but if you dont feel like doing that we can just go with percentage of body weight lost and keep it simple.

id take 2-1 on bartyl on previous form. :stuck_out_tongue:

30-1 on a draw

and 6-1 on Sayjin due to lack of knowlegde about this contestant. :stuck_out_tongue:

should be fun. ill be watching and competeting from afar!

Scott

Alright!

Official starting weight: 192lbs butt nekkid.

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
So the profile is just lying to get the chicks? I see what you’re doing here, Chris!

I just got my bf% tested a week or two ago, so if you want to get yours done at some point we could do that as well and then get it done again at the end of this, but if you dont feel like doing that we can just go with percentage of body weight lost and keep it simple.[/quote]

Well, I hadn’t been to 195 in the better part of a decade, so when I did my final weigh in for the clinic, I used that weight. Hundreds of beers later, I added a couple pounds. More for me to lose and win this competition!

BF would be cool but hard to do because there is nobody really very good around where I live. I was thinking of getting it done at AC’s shop this weekend if I can make it down there, so we could do a start and finish. Might take me a week or two to get it though.

[quote]thosebananas wrote:

30-1 on a draw

and 6-1 on Sayjin due to lack of knowlegde about this contestant. :stuck_out_tongue:

Scott[/quote]

Put me down for 10 Euro’s, a pint of Guiness and a shot of Jameson…I’m good for it.

[quote]Sayjin wrote:
Alright!

Official starting weight: 192lbs butt nekkid.[/quote]

butt nekkid?

wow. taking it that far I see.

I will post tomorrow am, since I was in clothing when I got up this am.

ladies, get ready, I’m sleeping butt nekkid!

[quote]Bartl wrote:
thosebananas wrote:

30-1 on a draw

Scott

Put me down for 10 Euro’s, a pint of Guiness and a shot of Jameson…I’m good for it.[/quote]

id have taken the money and the jamesons… but the guiness is well out of my leg. :stuck_out_tongue:

guiness drinker?
ever tried a whiskey called bushmills? oldest distillery in ireland. Absoluty delicious!

Scott