Bars, Rings, & Handstand Push-Up

Alright well when I used to be lighter around 160-170 pounds I used to be able to do handstand pushups (with no support of wall) I’d start ont he ground sitting, raise myself with arms then put myself in a handstand. My PR was 8 reps doing this. I always had people asking me to do it cause a lot didn’t believe I could.

Anyways I’m heavier now sitting around 194 and I wanna try doing it again. But I also want to try doing these on those neutral bars I see…they are usually white…I see gymnasts on them. Does anyone know where I can get these?

I’d also like to know if anyone knows where I can get solid power rings that I could put in my basement, I really want to do an iron cross also. Thanks!

[quote]Anyways I’m heavier now sitting around 194 and I wanna try doing it again. But I also want to try doing these on those neutral bars I see…they are usually white…I see gymnasts on them. Does anyone know where I can get these?

I’d also like to know if anyone knows where I can get solid power rings that I could put in my basement, I really want to do an iron cross also. Thanks![/quote]

Google parallettes and Tyler Hass’ power rings.

[quote]dl- wrote:
Alright well when I used to be lighter around 160-170 pounds I used to be able to do handstand pushups (with no support of wall) I’d start ont he ground sitting, raise myself with arms then put myself in a handstand. My PR was 8 reps doing this. I always had people asking me to do it cause a lot didn’t believe I could. [/quote]

That’s a press handstand, not a handstand push-up, BTW.

I bought two 10-12 foot lengths of chain with PVC pipe for handles. Guess these are my “ghetto rings”. Got these in my basement for chain pushups, works great.

For the parallettes, check the guide at the bottom of this page:

As for rings, http://www.ringtraining.com is a great place to start for a very affordable and portable option.