Barry the Muslim --- Cool!

"His former Roman Catholic and Muslim teachers, along with two people who were identified by Obama’s grade-school teacher as childhood friends, say Obama was registered by his family as a Muslim at both of the schools he attended.

That registration meant that during the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/bal-te.obama16mar16,1,7181735,full.story?coll=la-headlines-nation

Pastor Wright and the current leadership of Al-Qaeda can confer with Barry about the future course of the Great Satan, aka The US of KKK.

A teacher who looks down on learning?

Now that’s irony!

I graduated from the same high school as ole Barry [different year]. I was born in the same hospital he was in Hawaii too. I’m not voting for him mind you but its kinda a neat little factoid

[quote]lixy wrote:
A teacher who looks down on learning?

Now that’s irony![/quote]

What other secrets is Barry hiding? Should we wait until someone else discovers those so Barry can then publicly repudiate THOSE?

Hiding his secret Islamic past, dual citizenship with Indonesia, drug user, friends with William Ayers, Pastor Wright, Tony Rezco land deals,…where does it end?

In addition, in his book, he hints that he harbors secret resentment of white people. Is this a full-fledged secret loathing of whites (which I believe many black people harbor)?

What’s also interesting, is that the black community — no matter what the Messiah does, they vote for him, on the order of 90%. They are obvious racists, voting for the man because of skin color. When did any politican get 90% of the vote in national elections like this? Even Reagan in '84 didn’t get 90%. What if 90% of white voters voted for McCain? You’d hear the howls of racism and calls for a black revolution.

I wonder who would stand a better chance of getting a popular vote a Muslim or an atheist?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I wonder who would stand a better chance of getting a popular vote a Muslim or an atheist?[/quote]

Hopefully the atheist would be smart enough to fake it. Pay lip service to whatever majority belief is prevalent in the area he’s running for.

Just like the current candidates do.

[quote]pookie wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I wonder who would stand a better chance of getting a popular vote a Muslim or an atheist?

Hopefully the atheist would be smart enough to fake it. Pay lip service to whatever majority belief is prevalent in the area he’s running for.

[/quote]

“A prince should thus take great care that nothing escape his mouth that is not full of the above-mentioned five qualities and that, to see him and hear him, he should appear all mercy, all faith, all honesty, all humanity, all religion. And nothing is more necessary to appear to have than this last quality.”

Niccolo Machiavell, The Prince, Chapter 18.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I wonder who would stand a better chance of getting a popular vote a Muslim or an atheist?[/quote]

I don’t know. Are we talking about a very “Western” type of muslim vs. one of the whiny “I get offended by God Bless America” atheist types?

[quote]nephorm wrote:
“A prince should thus take great care that nothing escape his mouth that is not full of the above-mentioned five qualities and that, to see him and hear him, he should appear all mercy, all faith, all honesty, all humanity, all religion. And nothing is more necessary to appear to have than this last quality.”

Niccolo Machiavell, The Prince, Chapter 18.[/quote]

There you go. Thank you God, for creating such wise men.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I don’t know. Are we talking about a very “Western” type of muslim vs. one of the whiny “I get offended by God Bless America” atheist types?[/quote]

There are other types?

[quote]pookie wrote:
Sloth wrote:
I don’t know. Are we talking about a very “Western” type of muslim vs. one of the whiny “I get offended by God Bless America” atheist types?

There are other types?
[/quote]

I’ll do an internet search and let you know.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
pookie wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Niccolo Machiavell, The Prince, Chapter 18.[/quote]

A perfect quote…in fact, if someone was good at all five, I’d trust them even less, no one being perfect. It then follows that such person is a great scoundrel.

Hmmm…would having a great scoundrel, like Obama appears to be, actually be a good thing? Pure evil can fight dirty against other pure evil, you know, like Congressmen,

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Hmmm…would having a great scoundrel, like Obama appears to be, actually be a good thing? Pure evil can fight dirty against other pure evil, you know, like Congressmen,
[/quote]

If he “knows how to be evil,” as per Machiavelli, then you would be correct that he would therefore be able to wrangle with other men, who are not good, to his own benefit.

Putting aside that Machiavelli is speaking about principalities, as opposed to republics, we should observe that liberality in a prince is taken by Machiavelli to mean abstaining from taking the goods of one’s subjects.

Because by attempting to gain a reputation for liberality, a prince must steal from some to give to others, and becomes hated by them… a man more easily forgives the murder of his father than the theft of his patrimony.

In this context, Obama fails to meet a crucial criterion of being a Machiavellian prince.

[quote]saps wrote:
I graduated from the same high school as ole Barry [different year]. I was born in the same hospital he was in Hawaii too. I’m not voting for him mind you but its kinda a neat little factoid[/quote]

That, of course, assumes that he was indeed born in Hawaii.

[quote]tedro wrote:
saps wrote:
I graduated from the same high school as ole Barry [different year]. I was born in the same hospital he was in Hawaii too. I’m not voting for him mind you but its kinda a neat little factoid

That, of course, assumes that he was indeed born in Hawaii.[/quote]

Why? Is he a Chinese gymnast?

[quote]pookie wrote:
nephorm wrote:

Niccolo Machiavell, The Prince, Chapter 18.

There you go. Thank you God, for creating such wise men.
[/quote]

Do you want to be one of these wise men?

Because the only way for me to advance in life is to tell “noble lies” to people.

What you think?

Or, what think you?

[quote]tedro wrote:
saps wrote:

That, of course, assumes that he was indeed born in Hawaii.[/quote]

He was

[quote]lixy wrote:
Why? Is he a Chinese gymnast?[/quote]

OMFG you uncovered the great secret! Government officals are on their way! RUN!!!

[quote]orion wrote:
Because the only way for me to advance in life is to tell “noble lies” to people.

Or, what think you?
[/quote]

I think that the noble lie, as conceived by the Platonic Socrates, is intended for a different end than the princely deceptions that Machiavelli teaches. And I sincerely doubt that you are advancing in life by telling noble lies. You may advance by telling lies… but not noble ones.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
orion wrote:

Or, what think you?

I think that the noble lie, as conceived by the Platonic Socrates, is intended for a different end than the princely deceptions that Machiavelli teaches. And I sincerely doubt that you are advancing in life by telling noble lies. You may advance by telling lies… but not noble ones.

[/quote]

Ok, then tell me what would be noble lie.

Compared to a less noble lie, explaining what constitutes the difference.