Barry Bonds Found Guilty

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:
He is still the greatest baseball player of all time with or without the roidz. Yeah i said it[/quote]

I agree, although I would say that he’s the greatest power hitter to ever play the game.

[/quote]

You can’t say “with or without the steroids” as if steroids don’t make a difference. He was a great player before the steroids, but no one, and I mean NO ONE would be mentioning him in GOAT discussions without steroids.

[/quote]

Ha how can you say that? You have no clue how he would have progressed without steroids.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
That’s IF the judge doesnt throw out the conviction.[/quote]

LMAO. I agree it was a ridiculous conviction but there’s no way in hell the judge will throw it out…

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:
He is still the greatest baseball player of all time with or without the roidz. Yeah i said it[/quote]

I agree, although I would say that he’s the greatest power hitter to ever play the game.

[/quote]

You can’t say “with or without the steroids” as if steroids don’t make a difference. He was a great player before the steroids, but no one, and I mean NO ONE would be mentioning him in GOAT discussions without steroids.

[/quote]

Ha how can you say that? You have no clue how he would have progressed without steroids.[/quote]

His offensive numbers were the best in modern history before he started PEDs. Hall of Famers were in awe of him before steroids.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I’m a huge Barry Bonds fan. He is by far the greatest hitter to ever play the game. I think he’s actually one of the clever guys because he hasn’t tested positive for anything and he hasn’t said anything. Bonds didn’t budge AT ALL during the waning end of his career, even when motherfuckers were waving asterisk signs. He just kept hitting home runs like it was no ones business - a true professional. It’s no wonder Barry Bond haters are jealous pricks.

The other guys are the assholes: A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire and Clemens [add to list if I’ve missed someone]. Except Manny, he’s the best; just Manny being Manny.[/quote]

So you like Barry Bonds because he’s the best liar? And Manny Ramirez? You’re obviously a terrible judge of character. At least A-Rod fessed up.

Reports out on the Dan Patrick Show this morning…the prosecution’s witness Dr. Ting (Bond’s Orthopedic surgeon) directly refuted several of the other prosecutions key witnesses testimony.

Result, Bonds will have 3 months house arrest and some community service.

8.5 year investigation, 7.4 million taxpayer dollars…3 months house arrest.

Solid effort by the Dept. of Justice.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Reports out on the Dan Patrick Show this morning…the prosecution’s witness Dr. Ting (Bond’s Orthopedic surgeon) directly refuted several of the other prosecutions key witnesses testimony.

[/quote]

Can you elaborate on this?

Oh yeah, and 8.5 year investigation, 7.4 mil tax payer dollars and the prosecutors still don’t know what their witnesses are going to say. LMAO

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha how can you say that? You have no clue how he would have progressed without steroids.[/quote]

His offensive numbers were the best in modern history before he started PEDs. Hall of Famers were in awe of him before steroids.[/quote]

Is this quantifiable or just a general consensus? I’m looking at his numbers prior to 1999, which is almost certainly when he began using steroids, and they’re excellent…but I’d be shocked if those were the best of the modern era (since the mound was lowered?). And there is just no way anyone could say those numbers make him the greatest hitter, or even power hitter, of all time.

[quote]overstand wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
I’m a huge Barry Bonds fan. He is by far the greatest hitter to ever play the game. I think he’s actually one of the clever guys because he hasn’t tested positive for anything and he hasn’t said anything. Bonds didn’t budge AT ALL during the waning end of his career, even when motherfuckers were waving asterisk signs. He just kept hitting home runs like it was no ones business - a true professional. It’s no wonder Barry Bond haters are jealous pricks.

The other guys are the assholes: A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire and Clemens [add to list if I’ve missed someone]. Except Manny, he’s the best; just Manny being Manny.[/quote]

So you like Barry Bonds because he’s the best liar? And Manny Ramirez? You’re obviously a terrible judge of character. At least A-Rod fessed up.[/quote]

A-Rod is a chickenshit. I love how the media, who trumpeted this “A-Rod is clean and the best ever” nonsense, now buys hook, line and sinker that he only used PEDs for one season with Texas. These are some of the same clowns who couldn’t stop talking about how much muscle he put on in the off-season when he was in his early career with the Yankees; and yet, they can’t (or won’t) put two and two together.

That’s one of the main reasons I still like Barry. He knew he would be treated better by the media if he acted like a PC tool, but he said “Fuck You” anyway. Not a good guy at all, I agree. But there’s something badass about flipping off the world and still dominating.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
It will be really hard to ever argue for a GOAT candidate not named Babe Ruth.

Along with all his batting statistics he pitched a complete game shutout in the World Series FFS![/quote]

How about Willie Mays? He could do everything Ruth did better. The only reason Ruth’s numbers are better than Mays is because Ruth played in a joke of a bandbox with that short porch in right, whereas Mays played most of his career in Candlestick where he estimates he lost at least 10-15 HRs every year to the wind. And Ruth couldn’t hold Mays’ jockstrap when it comes to pretty much every other facet of the game: baserunning, stealing, fielding, throwing.

I don’t know about the house arrest sentence, Lil Kim was given a year in the pokey for the same charge. If they are willing to lock up Martha Stewart’s country kitchen ass, then they will lock up anyone. He will most likely go to Lompoc Camp, near Santa Barbara.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Along with all his batting statistics he pitched a complete game shutout in the World Series FFS![/quote]

How about Willie Mays? He could do everything Ruth did better. The only reason Ruth’s numbers are better than Mays is because Ruth played in a joke of a bandbox with that short porch in right, whereas Mays played most of his career in Candlestick where he estimates he lost at least 10-15 HRs every year to the wind. And Ruth couldn’t hold Mays’ jockstrap when it comes to pretty much every other facet of the game: baserunning, stealing, fielding, throwing.[/quote]

Only one World Series?

It’s pretty hard to top a guy who has pitched AND hit so damn well.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

His offensive numbers were the best in modern history before he started PEDs. Hall of Famers were in awe of him before steroids.[/quote]

Is this quantifiable or just a general consensus? I’m looking at his numbers prior to 1999, which is almost certainly when he began using steroids, and they’re excellent…but I’d be shocked if those were the best of the modern era (since the mound was lowered?). And there is just no way anyone could say those numbers make him the greatest hitter, or even power hitter, of all time.[/quote]

Look at slugging percentage, on base percentage, total bases, walks and intentional walks.

Intentional walks is a huge indicator of what the other teams and pitchers really think. I believe only in Mark McGuire’s 70hr season did Bonds not lead in intentional walks but I think he still got more than Sammy Sosa that year. I’m not about to go and check stats, but I also think in the years Ken Griffey was tearing it up and earning all the MVP’s, Bonds was still getting more intentional walks.

Didn’t Bonds go 40:40 a couple of times? I think he’s the only one with 500 hr’s and 500 stolen bases. He got the 500 hrs before steroids and if he hadn’t taken them he would have had 500 steals much sooner.

Also apparently Charlie Sheen walks around wearing Babe Ruth’s 1927 World Series Ring

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Progressed? The guy was on wrong side of 35 when he blew up and hit 73 dingers. How many players do YOU know that get BETTER at 35+?

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]TD54 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this quantifiable or just a general consensus? I’m looking at his numbers prior to 1999, which is almost certainly when he began using steroids, and they’re excellent…but I’d be shocked if those were the best of the modern era (since the mound was lowered?). And there is just no way anyone could say those numbers make him the greatest hitter, or even power hitter, of all time.[/quote]

Look at slugging percentage, on base percentage, total bases, walks and intentional walks.

Intentional walks is a huge indicator of what the other teams and pitchers really think. I believe only in Mark McGuire’s 70hr season did Bonds not lead in intentional walks but I think he still got more than Sammy Sosa that year. I’m not about to go and check stats, but I also think in the years Ken Griffey was tearing it up and earning all the MVP’s, Bonds was still getting more intentional walks.

Didn’t Bonds go 40:40 a couple of times? I think he’s the only one with 500 hr’s and 500 stolen bases. He got the 500 hrs before steroids and if he hadn’t taken them he would have had 500 steals much sooner.[/quote]

Well, yeah, if you take only the statistics that Bonds was the best in, then sure, he was the GOAT. Why not look at an overall picture?

Babe Ruth hit 714 dingers in 2500 games. Bonds hit 714 dingers in 2700+ games (can’t remember the exact #) including a handful of years he hit 60+ due to steroids.

Babe Ruth has over 100 wins as a pitcher in only 5 years. Plus, he was a way better womanizer.

Edit - and good luck looking at intentional walks for Babe Ruth. I don’t even think that was a stat when he played.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I don’t know about the house arrest sentence, Lil Kim was given a year in the pokey for the same charge. If they are willing to lock up Martha Stewart’s country kitchen ass, then they will lock up anyone. He will most likely go to Lompoc Camp, near Santa Barbara. [/quote]

Normally I would agree with you, but ESPN’s lawyer is saying that the single charge he was convicted on is being appealed and most people think that they have a strong case to get it thrown out.

ESPN is saying that 3 months house arrest is the MOST that they could hope for at this point.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Oh yeah, and 8.5 year investigation, 7.4 mil tax payer dollars and the prosecutors still don’t know what their witnesses are going to say. LMAO[/quote]

This ^^

How do you not know what one of your witnesses is going to say…the prosecution looked at a called 3rd here.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Progressed? The guy was on wrong side of 35 when he blew up and hit 73 dingers. How many players do YOU know that get BETTER at 35+?

[/quote]

Roger Clemens!!!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

How about Willie Mays? He could do everything Ruth did better. The only reason Ruth’s numbers are better than Mays is because Ruth played in a joke of a bandbox with that short porch in right, whereas Mays played most of his career in Candlestick where he estimates he lost at least 10-15 HRs every year to the wind. And Ruth couldn’t hold Mays’ jockstrap when it comes to pretty much every other facet of the game: baserunning, stealing, fielding, throwing.[/quote]

I actually have no problem with you throwing up Willie Mays as a GOAT candidate, but LOL @ the “he estimates” part.

I estimate that I lose at least 250 pounds on my squat due to my extra long legs.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Only one World Series?

It’s pretty hard to top a guy who has pitched AND hit so damn well.

[/quote]

Not as hard as it is to top a guy who hit, ran, threw AND fielded so damn well for most of his career. Ruth was a pitcher for a minority of his career and at the time it wasn’t uncommon at all for players to be good on both sides of the ball. Not as good as Ruth, but being a good hitter and a good pitcher was hardly without precedent at the time.