T Nation

Barney's New Stack.

I got my box from Biotest today, so I now have a new supplement stack!

Creatine- 25g a day for a week, then 7 or so grams a day.

Power Drive- before every workout

Flameout- 4 a day.

Glutamine. (so many people take this stuff. So, I thought I would try it to.) 2 scoops a day. A scoop is 4.5g of glutamine.

ZMA 3 before bed.

Centrum a day, 1 g vitamin c a day, 1 pumpkin oil pill, 2 calciums and a B vitamin a day. Sometime I add some zinc pills.

Greens plus.

Before, I was just taking ZMA and multi-vitamins. I have been “on” greens plus for 2 weeks now. I don’t notice any benefits, but I suppose I should keep taking it.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
I have been “on” greens plus for 2 weeks now. I don’t notice any benefits, but I suppose I should keep taking it.[/quote]

FWIW, greens plus almost always gives me a bit of “energy”, almost like a small dose of ginseng.

Well, actually greens plus does have some siberian ginseng in it. Maybe that’s it. Maybe not.

That seems like a hell of a lot of creatine.

Uh, I think you’re going a little heavy on the creatine. You don’t want to be pissing most of it away Barney.

D

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
That seems like a hell of a lot of creatine.[/quote]

The 25 gram 1 week loading phase.

And then I will take a scoop and a half, maybe two. I haven’t responded to one scoop in the past, so I thought I should up the dosage and see if I respond.

Of all the supplements I’ve ever used, ZMA seems by far and away to be the most effective. I’ve used Greens+ and to be honest, there is no real effect.

creatine works fine for me by just taking 3 grams a day (post workout).

Centrum…ouch

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
That seems like a hell of a lot of creatine.

The 25 gram 1 week loading phase.

And then I will take a scoop and a half, maybe two. I haven’t responded to one scoop in the past, so I thought I should up the dosage and see if I respond.[/quote]

Make sure you spread out the 25g. Take like 5g/5x a day. Not that I agree or disagree with loading, but I would definately split the amount up.

I guess your cycling your use of the fleshlight, since you didnt mention it. Is this correct?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I guess your cycling your use of the fleshlight, since you didnt mention it. Is this correct?[/quote]

I can’t afford one. College is expensive for us country bumpkins, maybe it aint so bad back east.

I hope one day to make enough money to own a DOUBLE wide trailer.

As far as the loading thing goes, I don’t know if it works or not. But in the past, I DID NOT load creatine, and it didn’t work. So, now I am loading it, to see if it works. Scientific method at work right there.

Question- I have 2 bottles of vitamin E. The are both only alpha tocopherol. MY question is, should I pitch them, or take them? I was taking them, but then I found out that only alpha tocopherol isn’t that great. So could I get a bit of guidance?
Do ya’ll suppose I wasted ten bucks on the glutamine? It is 66 servings, so I can use two servings for a month, or 1 serving for two months. A lot of people take it, but I have never heard anything wonderful about it.

I haven’t noticed much from Greens+ and i’m almost at the end of the bottle, so i’m just gonna eat more veggies than i do throughout the day, wasn’t enough before…

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I haven’t noticed much from Greens+ and i’m almost at the end of the bottle, so i’m just gonna eat more veggies than i do throughout the day, wasn’t enough before…[/quote]

Don’t mean to hijack Barney’s thread, but wanted to add real quickly in regard to the comments on Greens Plus and in a way it applies to Creatine so called non responders. Taking something like Greens Plus isn’t going to give any noticeable effect in a week a month or two months.

These are products that buttress overall good nutrition and in the long term you will reap the benefits of them. You don’t have to take them, but for those that can in regard to finances they pay off in the long run.

I have taken Flameout, REZ-V, and Greens Plus, as part of my regular supplementation as consistently as I use Metabolic Drive, BCAA’s, and BETA-7, Surge and Creatine for the past half year or more. In that time I have built muscle, dropped fat, feel great and I am getting stronger on the big lifts.

Remember, with supplementation as long as good nutrition is nailed down in the first place you are creating the best environment for your goals in regard to your body. Some supps will give you a faster more noticeable effect and some aren’t going to horse kick you, but will give a long term benefit with use overtime.

Greens Plus IMO is vital for helping to maintain proper PH balance which will over time yield better results in the gym.

D

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
As far as the loading thing goes, I don’t know if it works or not. But in the past, I DID NOT load creatine, and it didn’t work. So, now I am loading it, to see if it works. Scientific method at work right there.

Question- I have 2 bottles of vitamin E. The are both only alpha tocopherol. MY question is, should I pitch them, or take them? I was taking them, but then I found out that only alpha tocopherol isn’t that great. So could I get a bit of guidance?
Do ya’ll suppose I wasted ten bucks on the glutamine? It is 66 servings, so I can use two servings for a month, or 1 serving for two months. A lot of people take it, but I have never heard anything wonderful about it.[/quote]

I would only think glutamine would be useful depending on your diet. If you are taking enough protein in throughout the day then you shouldnt need any extra glutamine, although it wouldnt hurt to take it, if for nothing else than a security issue.

[quote]playmaker08 wrote:
BarneyFife wrote:

Do ya’ll suppose I wasted ten bucks on the glutamine? It is 66 servings, so I can use two servings for a month, or 1 serving for two months. A lot of people take it, but I have never heard anything wonderful about it.

I would only think glutamine would be useful depending on your diet. If you are taking enough protein in throughout the day then you shouldnt need any extra glutamine, although it wouldnt hurt to take it, if for nothing else than a security issue.[/quote]

Trust me, I eat plenty of meat. And I would always suplement my glutamine. I don’t supp much else, but glutamine after workout and with my ZMA before bed suits me just fine.

Well, the glutamin was just so damn cheap. It figures out to about 12 cents a scoop, so I figured I would try two servings a day for a month and see what happened.
Even if it doesn’t allow me to leap tall buildings, lift heavy anvils over my head by the horn, and meat beautiful women, there just aint a whole fucking lot you can get for 10 dollars.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
PB Andy wrote:
I haven’t noticed much from Greens+ and i’m almost at the end of the bottle, so i’m just gonna eat more veggies than i do throughout the day, wasn’t enough before…

Don’t mean to hijack Barney’s thread, but wanted to add real quickly in regard to the comments on Greens Plus and in a way it applies to Creatine so called non responders. Taking something like Greens Plus isn’t going to give any noticeable effect in a week a month or two months.

These are products that buttress overall good nutrition and in the long term you will reap the benefits of them. You don’t have to take them, but for those that can in regard to finances they pay off in the long run.

I have taken Flameout, REZ-V, and Greens Plus, as part of my regular supplementation as consistently as I use Metabolic Drive, BCAA’s, and BETA-7, Surge and Creatine for the past half year or more. In that time I have built muscle, dropped fat, feel great and I am getting stronger on the big lifts.

Remember, with supplementation as long as good nutrition is nailed down in the first place you are creating the best environment for your goals in regard to your body. Some supps will give you a faster more noticeable effect and some aren’t going to horse kick you, but will give a long term benefit with use overtime.

Greens Plus IMO is vital for helping to maintain proper PH balance which will over time yield better results in the gym.

D[/quote]

And I don’t want to hijack your hijack but you really need to change your avatar back.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
Question- I have 2 bottles of vitamin E. The are both only alpha tocopherol. MY question is, should I pitch them, or take them? I was taking them, but then I found out that only alpha tocopherol isn’t that great. So could I get a bit of guidance?[/quote]

You can use E on burns. Keep it in your first aid cabinet if you can’t find another use for it.

Creatine? …shouldnt this be in the steroids thread?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Creatine? …shouldnt this be in the steroids thread?[/quote]

don’t accuse me of being on the gear till you look at yourself. I hear that you started some secret russian program that involves doing a set of 20 rep squats, and drinking a GALLON of milk a day. That is so hardcore I don’t think prison convicts could handle it.