Barney Frank WTF!

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Term limits for congress whould sure help an awful lot. I mean really, why do they get to stay in power forever? 2 Terms and out, go back to the private sector and live with the decisions you made. Eventually there will be too many “former” Senators and Congressmen for them all to be part of the game. It may take a little while to settle down, but eventually there will be so many in power, the current group will be like, well, i’m probably not getting a job in politics after this so I might as well do whats right. I mean at the very least it would be an improvement over our current system.

V[/quote]

I don’t have any problem with the lack of term limits for congressman. What I think would do a lot of good is repealling the 17th ammendment (senators elected by popular vote) and going back to the original intention in the constitution of US senators being elected by state representatives. Electing senators purely on popular vote takes us much too close to that absolute democracy that lifty refers to. Allowing state legislatures to select their respective states’ senators would go a long ways towards bringing power back to states.

Senators would be less likely to benefit from “tag-along voters” that show up to mark Obama’s name and mark every other (D) while they are at it, and vice-versa pitbull. Given the lower turnout for state-level elections, we would essentially be left with more educated voters choosing US senators. Financial requirements to assume such office would also be much less, given that candidates are advertising themselves to a much smaller pool, which creates a larger pool of potential senators. It also requires individuals to be more involved in their states’ politics, since the state legislature would essentially gain power.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Obama, Pelosi, Biden, Boxer, Frank…This nation is turning into a joke.

x2[/quote]

Except it’s not funny…These are seriously stupid people doing seriously stupid shit.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
Barney Frank is possibly the biggest half wit in the democratic party. He should have been jailed for trying to have sex with an under age page about 15 or 20 years ago. [/quote]

That was a different Congress-critter.

Barney Frank’s claim to fame was allowing his apartment to be used as a gay whorehouse, or at least center of operations for a gay prostitution ring, by his live-in boyfriend. Frank of course had no clue that that was going on.

Our economy is absolutely thriving when we spend more then we make! When people start coming the their senses, that’s when we start nose diving…it’s crazy!

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
orion wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
“Do what ever it takes to prop up the biggest problem with the Economy” , I can see how you would disagree with that. He may be right and he may be wrong

Well, he and his ilk are the biggest problem of this economy.

And it would be so easy to solve it.

He would just need to go away.

you are right the Republicans have no part in this disaster of an economy

[/quote]

They could also go away?

[quote]tedro wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
orion wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
“Do what ever it takes to prop up the biggest problem with the Economy” , I can see how you would disagree with that. He may be right and he may be wrong

Wow, man. Do you think you can join a thread someday without bringing in your democrat vs. republican drivel?

No kidding about republicans being a part of the problem. I don’t know that anybody on these boards denies that. The point here is that more of the same policies that caused the problems aren’t likely to fix them. The issue at hand here really boils down to Frank and Dodd, but there are plenty from both parties to blame. While I think Bush could have done much more to prevent this (he did call out some of these policies and warn against them, but in the end seemed to be content to ride it out as long as times were good), Frank has taken every opportunity he can get to blame Bush, I’d argue that Frank even blames Bush more than Obama does.[/quote]

we agree , I was not the first to bring in the Dem VS Rep drival

[quote]Vegita wrote:
tedro wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
orion wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

Wow, man. Do you think you can join a thread someday without bringing in your democrat vs. republican drivel?

No kidding about republicans being a part of the problem. I don’t know that anybody on these boards denies that. The point here is that more of the same policies that caused the problems aren’t likely to fix them. The issue at hand here really boils down to Frank and Dodd, but there are plenty from both parties to blame. While I think Bush could have done much more to prevent this (he did call out some of these policies and warn against them, but in the end seemed to be content to ride it out as long as times were good), Frank has taken every opportunity he can get to blame Bush, I’d argue that Frank even blames Bush more than Obama does.

X2

Pittbull, I have not seen you post one thing that wasn’t pure partisan bitching. You really can talk about an issue without playing politics you know. I hate Democrats and Republicans so I do it all the time. If you need lessons just let me know.

V[/quote]

What kind of lesson?

[quote]adamhum wrote:
Our economy is absolutely thriving when we spend more then we make! When people start coming the their senses, that’s when we start nose diving…it’s crazy![/quote]

The wonderful paradox of thrift. If we didn’t spend more then we made for years this would not have happened. Well that and if the banks didn’t make stupid loans, if Grenspan didn’t keep rates too low too long which encouraged the banks, if investors weren’t happy to buy up CDO, CLO, MBS, CMBS et al, if the rating agencies had any clue etc… Plenty of blame to go around.

Oh but let’s releax lending standards again when the banks still face massive defaults on credit cards, comm real estate and just wait until next year when they have to move their “off balance sheet SPV’s” back onto their financial statements. Most of thhe large banks have more exposure hidden in these they they are currently carring on their balance sheets and have not been taking any loan loss reserves on them. Then again Frank and the sh!theads will just get rid of this accounting rule like they did w/ mark 2 market. Great idea guys, way to keep pushing the issues off so our economy sucks for a decade or 2. But the stress test showed banks are solvent, too bad they used predictions in the stress test that would make Larry Kudlow look like a bear.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Mick28 wrote:

x2[/quote]

X3

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Barney Frank is possibly the biggest half wit in the democratic party. He should have been jailed for trying to have sex with an under age page about 15 or 20 years ago. The guy makes me sick, when he talks he sounds like he’s got something in his mouth, maybe it’s wishful thinking on his part.

Is this what the country has come to?

A half witted cock sucker like Barney Frank is in a power position.

You forgot McCain, Kyle, Palin, Jindal, Romney we could go on forever on nut jobs representing us

[/quote]

Since when did did McCain or Romney count as conservatives?

mike

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Everyone of his constituents who ever voted for that butthead should be put in stocks and beaten with a chunk of rusty rebar.[/quote]

They should get to do it wearing masks of Reagan too.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
Barney Frank is possibly the biggest half wit in the democratic party. He should have been jailed for trying to have sex with an under age page about 15 or 20 years ago. The guy makes me sick, when he talks he sounds like he’s got something in his mouth, maybe it’s wishful thinking on his part.

Is this what the country has come to?

A half witted cock sucker like Barney Frank is in a power position.

You forgot McCain, Kyle, Palin, Jindal, Romney we could go on forever on nut jobs representing us

Since when did did McCain or Romney count as conservatives?

mike[/quote]

I agree, most people equate conservative as being Republican, I go one step beyond, conservative is not thumping a Bible Conservatve is not being the biggest badest Army money can buy .Conservative is not hating every group that is not like me. Conservative is all about spending as little money as possible; if we had a party like that you could sign me up. Why I don’t like REtarlicans is because the like to spend money on the wealthy and then become conservative on any social program

Everyone spends money. All politicians are the same. A democrat will waste your money just as fast as a republican. And what social programs are you talking about? And who spends money on the wealthy? Explain. And try not to bring your partisan bullshit in please.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
Everyone spends money. All politicians are the same. A democrat will waste your money just as fast as a republican. And what social programs are you talking about? And who spends money on the wealthy? Explain. And try not to bring your partisan bullshit in please.[/quote]

Hello! Bailouts?!

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Vegita wrote:
tedro wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
orion wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

No kidding about republicans being a part of the problem. I don’t know that anybody on these boards denies that. The point here is that more of the same policies that caused the problems aren’t likely to fix them. The issue at hand here really boils down to Frank and Dodd, but there are plenty from both parties to blame. While I think Bush could have done much more to prevent this (he did call out some of these policies and warn against them, but in the end seemed to be content to ride it out as long as times were good), Frank has taken every opportunity he can get to blame Bush, I’d argue that Frank even blames Bush more than Obama does.

X2

Pittbull, I have not seen you post one thing that wasn’t pure partisan bitching. You really can talk about an issue without playing politics you know. I hate Democrats and Republicans so I do it all the time. If you need lessons just let me know.

V

What kind of lesson?

[/quote]

Any lesson you want brother, all my knowledge is free.

V

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Therizza wrote:
Everyone spends money. All politicians are the same. A democrat will waste your money just as fast as a republican. And what social programs are you talking about? And who spends money on the wealthy? Explain. And try not to bring your partisan bullshit in please.

Hello! Bailouts?![/quote]

i wasn’t asking you. you are not partisan. your an anarchist. I was asking pittbull who thinks everything can be distilled to one parties action/inaction.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Vegita wrote:
tedro wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
orion wrote:
pittbulll wrote:

X2

V

What kind of lesson?

Any lesson you want brother, all my knowledge is free.

V[/quote]

I have a Ibanez guitar sitting right behind me , how about guitar lessons:)

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
orion wrote:

(And don’t the rest of you go trying to tell me that this country isn’t a democracy. It is whether is it a democratic republic or absolute democracy, etc. The end result is the same.)

Government empowered by majority rule cannot last for the simple fact that the natural elite are not a part of the majority. …[/quote]

…and you, I presume, have some method of finding this “natural elite.”

[quote]DrSkeptix wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
orion wrote:

(And don’t the rest of you go trying to tell me that this country isn’t a democracy. It is whether is it a democratic republic or absolute democracy, etc. The end result is the same.)

Government empowered by majority rule cannot last for the simple fact that the natural elite are not a part of the majority.

…and you, I presume, have some method of finding this “natural elite.”[/quote]

Two days and Lifty has not found in his protophilosophy a method to reveal this “natural elite.”
I guess it will remain forever unseen.