Barely Even Training!!!

I would like to know how to get the best out of my chest. I keep working it and working it but it doest change.

regular chest workout for me includes the following:

Flat bench dumb bell press. increasing weight 10lbs every set doing 4 sets of 10-15
flat bench dumb bell incline press same as weight and set.

Decline dumb bell press same as weight and set.

dips

Dumbbell fly on balance ball
cable fly on balance ball

thats just some of my chest work out. can anyone help or has ideas let me know. Thank you

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2143095

In that pic you look like you could’ve been the younger version of A.J. Benza.

Why are you so mad? People will ask for wheels so you might as well post wheels and back. Need to hit a park up too.

you see how important proper nutrition is?? you say you’ve been training 6 years but because you don’t eat right, you’ve been stuck on a plateau that makes you look you’ve only been training 2. you feel guilty when u miss a day at the gym? you should feel just as guilty, if not more so with your diet.

it’s like you’re busting your ass to fill a bucket with sand but due to bad eating habits, your bucket is full of holes my friend.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
you see how important proper nutrition is?? you say you’ve been training 6 years but because you don’t eat right, you’ve been stuck on a plateau that makes you look you’ve only been training 2. [/quote]

I’ll have to agree… 6 years huh. I’d start a nutrition plan and supps RIGHT away, so another 6 doesn’t go by wasted. Imagine what you’d look like if you did the nutrition part right!!

I did the same YEARS ago, I would hit the gym like a mad man, but basically starve myself…I was ripped as hell, but stuck into the catagory of “skinny-fat”. With the proper nutrition and supps now, I’ve got more gains in the past year than I did in that 5 year span of doing it all wrong, and I kick myself in the ass everyday for it unfortunatly :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue:

yes indeed lobo. dude i suggest you get a copy of “nutrition timing” by john ivy and robert portman. if anything, it will give you some insight into how extremely important pre/peri/post workout nutrition really is.

Correct. Although, somehow looking at some of the posters since the last few years, I feel busting ass in the gym is still THE determining factor. Ive seen guys who bust ass and eat a LOT of crap come out with some decent size (but obviously too much body fat). Check out heavythrower’s photographs if you have the time. also Dave Tate and others.
I’ve also seen guys with picture perfect diets but who don’t work hard in the gym come out looking no different from 5 years before.

As far as THIS guy is concerned, something doesn;t make sense. He honestly does NOT look like he has been working HARD for 6 years. I think his title is just intended as a pre-emptive strike against statements like “What the hell have you been doing for 6 years…lifting styrofoam?” So he plays the role of a guy who works hard but does not know anything about diet. JMO.

To the OP:
Your title says “Barely even training” and then you turn around and say “I have been training for 6yrs now and have pretty much got into a good routine. If a day goes by that I dont hit the gym I feel guilty. The problem is I dont diet. Just hard work in the gym.” Which is it? Barely training? OR Training hard without dieting?

[quote]1morerep wrote:
yes indeed lobo. dude i suggest you get a copy of “nutrition timing” by john ivy and robert portman. if anything, it will give you some insight into how extremely important pre/peri/post workout nutrition really is. [/quote]

That makes no sense whatsoever, Lobo my good man.

[quote]LOBO69 wrote:
I was ripped as hell, but stuck into the catagory of “skinny-fat”.
[/quote]

You’ve definitely got good potential

good luck!

[quote]UkpairehMombooto wrote:

LOBO69 wrote:
[/quote]

Oh well sorry…I didnt know how else at the moment to word it. I was “ripped” as far as seeing abs and such, but it was all because I was starving myself in the nutrition sence, and it was all from being skinny…the term “skinny-fat”, (which is mentioned in alot of articles in here), meaning I was skinny, but had absolutly no muscle to show for all the years I lifted… ya know? I don’t really know where I’m goin with this, but you get the picture!! :stuck_out_tongue: … I’m so horrible :stuck_out_tongue:

with a more complete set pictures there’d be more to say (as far as advice and whatnot).
as for specifics, from what I can tell from that one picture, you need to work on the following: chest (which looks quite flat… like empty bags), forearms, traps.

those are specifics, but i think (as everyone else has said, and as you yourself seem to know as well) that the real key will be diet. if you get your diet in check, you will make much bigger gains.

good luck!
dan

[quote]1morerep wrote:
yes indeed lobo. dude i suggest you get a copy of “nutrition timing” by john ivy and robert portman. if anything, it will give you some insight into how extremely important pre/peri/post workout nutrition really is. [/quote]

“Nutrient Timing” and yes it’s a great book

Your username says it all… Try less mirror time, and more lifting.

I refuse to rate you until you post some more pics, including wheels.

Nice stationary bike.

Go to bodybuilding.com if you want someone to tell you how great you are. I think you are right in your heading ‘barely even training’ - outside the gym you’re a slob. We’re not here to give you an ego stroke but a kick in the right direction: so get your ass in gear and revamp your diet/training. Vanity kills son.

My fellow pollack says it best: nice stationary bike.

[quote]LOBO69 wrote:
UkpairehMombooto wrote:

LOBO69 wrote:

Oh well sorry…I didnt know how else at the moment to word it. I was “ripped” as far as seeing abs and such, but it was all because I was starving myself in the nutrition sence, and it was all from being skinny…the term “skinny-fat”, (which is mentioned in alot of articles in here), meaning I was skinny, but had absolutly no muscle to show for all the years I lifted… ya know? I don’t really know where I’m goin with this, but you get the picture!! :stuck_out_tongue: … I’m so horrible :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I caught that too. “Skinny-fat” means skinny [no arms, chest,legs etc…] with a pot-belly. If you were “ripped” with little muscle, you were just skinny.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
LOBO69 wrote:
UkpairehMombooto wrote:

LOBO69 wrote:

I caught that too. “Skinny-fat” means skinny [no arms, chest,legs etc…] with a pot-belly. If you were “ripped” with little muscle, you were just skinny.[/quote]

Got it…thanks for clearing that up… I was just skinny then!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude you look swole…

Your head that is.

Alot of these points are good. I’ve been lifting for 4 years and two of which were spent going into the gym and busting my ass but not making much progress due to not caring about my diet. I was a noob and still am in some respects but I would never worry about my diet just like you do and as a result, I was stuck at 160lbs. I hope you are at least smarter than me in respect to training your legs good as I did not when I first started. I just wanted the “big chest”, “big arms” look and I’m still playing catch up.

I’m not trying to preach but please don’t end up like some of these chodes I see in the gym trying to lift more weight than they can handle so they have a friend “spot” them and they basically tag team it together. Body building isn’t just a hobby, it’s a way of life. I know that sounds like a slogan of some kind but it’s definatly true. Body building doesn’t just take place in the gym.

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Body building doesn’t just take place in the gym.[/quote]

Very true. It all takes place in the kitchen.