T Nation

Barebones Training To Get Jacked

Can just do one move each for bis and tris at 2-3 mins and everything else 30 secs. Works just as well if not better …&nuclear pump!

1 Like

One Lift a Day or 40 day workout by Dan John, on one day add 20 mins weakpoint/gunz work

1 Like

You have lots and lots of options! A simple four-day split of either upper/lower or bodybuilding split or three days per week doing a powerlifting-style split will yield great results. Like many others here, I love thinking up programs, so here’s one way I’d approach things:

Monday
Bench press, 4 x 4-6
Bent-over barbell rows, 4 x 8-10
Lateral raises, 3 x 12-15 (hold edges of plates, buy dumbbell handles, make dumbbells for plates)
Barbell curls, 4 x 6-8
Dips, bodyweight x 3 x max

Tuesday
Back squats, work up to 3-5 rep set, drop down to 3 x 6-8 back-off sets
RDLs, 3 x 8-10
Waking barbell lunges, 3 x 12
Single leg calf raise, on a step holding a plate, 4 x 15-20

Thursday
Overhead press, 4 x 8-10
Weighted pullups, work up to 3-5 rep set, burnout with bodyweight
Low incline bench press, 4 x 6-8
Rear delt flyes, 3 x 8-12
Barbell curls or plate curls, 3 x 10-12
Push-ups, bodyweight x 3 x max, can superset with curls

Friday
Front squats, 4 x 4-6
Deadlifts, work up to 3-5 set
Reverse lunges or Bulgarian split squats, 3 x 8-10
Single leg calf raises, 4 x 15-20 or, if you’ve made dumbbell handles, farmer walks

Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday - take off one day completely, go for brisk walks or jogs for conditioning two of the days.

There are so. many. options. with your equipment, you’re not at all disadvantaged. Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes!

2 Likes

Don’t forget all the landmine options! My ‘landmine’ is a shoe i place against a wide tree trunk that I put my BB in :smiley:

You can do belt squats w/ that set up.
1 leg SLDLs
landmine presses both from the front and the side depending on what you wanna work
Meadows rows
One arm BB rows
Rear delt rows
1 arm floor press Tip: Landmine One-Arm Floor Press | T Nation.
you can hold the BB in a goblet position for all kinds of lower body work

Also, don’t underestimate the unilateral variations of push ups. From archer push ups to archer push ups with one hand elevated to full strict one are push ups.
Also, BW triceps extensions can be challenging. Just change the height of ur hands or feet to adjust difficulty. You can tuck ur elbows or flare them depending on what you wanna work. Of course you also have all kinds of BB ext. and JM presses and floor presses both conventional and landmine.

If ur pretty strong you could try for archer pull/chin ups, side to sides, and if ur a real beast one arm chins/pulls.

Check out gliding leg curls.
Supine hip extensions make for a decent replacement for the 45 degree back ext. exercise
Sissy squats and nordics can isolate your quads in the stretched position.
For the contracted position these are nice:

I’ll actually set up a bar in my rack, wrap a towel around it, and lean my chest on it so I can focus more on my quads.

You’re only limited by your imagination.

2 Likes

Dips have been a staple for me. I just use a pair of sawhorses.

Ain’t that the truth