Barbell Strength Video

I’ve been advised by someone on another website to lift lighter weights but with better form because apparently my form isn’t proper and i am not supposed to do curls with weights that heavy!?!?

thing is i was sure that my form was correct. so how am i supposed to know when my form is really correct??

[quote]WeaponXXX wrote:
I’ve been advised by someone on another website to lift lighter weights but with better form because apparently my form isn’t proper and i am not supposed to do curls with weights that heavy!?!?

thing is i was sure that my form was correct. so how am i supposed to know when my form is really correct??[/quote]

You were cheating on your curls. You were rocking to get the weight up. You could go a bit lighter on those for a little while. Everything else seemed OK to me.

It is OK to cheat once in a while especially to get the last rep but don’t do a whole set rocking back and forth.

The main reason why you’re getting flamed is because you’re trying to give advice on something you’ve never done before. You’ve never made yourself big, yet you’re advising other people how to do it. You’ve read about people getting big using your prescribed methods, but you’ve never done it.

Think about it this way – have you ever driven from London to Liverpool? If you haven’t, from whom would you rather recieve directions? Someone who takes a holiday every month and completes that drive each way, or somebody who just checked it out on Map Quest?

It’s funny to some people that you’re cluelessly dispensing advice like that and still funnier that you come off like a beast who molests the big weights whenever he goes to the gym, when you’re actually struggling under a 100-lb. incline bench.

My advice, chill with the posting. Find a way to lift the weights you need, lay low for a couple years and once you’ve made appreciable gains, then tell us how you got there.

dude, r u seriously still writing. a blind person can’t guide another blind person or they both end up in a ditch or worse. so if you don’t know how to train properly as you openly stated, why the hell would you post a video teaching people how to lift. people like you just completely pisses me off. if you don’t know ask for help and T-Nation is a great place for that.

honestly, i don’t have a problem with you posting training videos. my problem is when inexperienced lifters like yourself take it upon themselves to “help others train”…i mean come up man, if you can’t even train right…how r u suppose to help others. now go and actually learn to train!!!

[quote]WeaponXXX wrote:

thing is i was sure that my form was correct. so how am i supposed to know when my form is really correct??[/quote]

fair enough. the video has been deleted.

i actually want to apologise for this. you see, i mostly do bodyweight training and light weight high rep workouts. after watching a ronnie coleman training video, i got carried away, put all the weights i possessed ont he bar and just did the stupid thing of lifting it. i could actually have hurt myself.

well anyway, the video is deleted now and i know better. so thanks for the hating, its what i needed.

Definately sounds like you’re putting the effort in. Good job! I second the other posters who have recommended a gym membership to get access to heavier weights.

Also, if you have not already checked out Vroom’s “are you beginner” thread http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350 , there is a video index http://www.uwlax.edu/strengthcenter/videos/video_index.htm which may help with your form questions. I used it expensively and it has helped me a lot.

Good luck and keep at it.