Barbell Only Training Method?

Hi CT,

I was wondering if you could prescribe a training program utilizing only a barbell and weights. This is all the equipment I have at my home gym other than squat stands/pull-up/dip bars.

My goals are to gain muscle and improve performance. Currently, I am proficient in basic movements and can perform power snatches.

I would train using strength circuits or the Superhero program but I don’t think its practical with one barbell.

Would love to hear your thoughts,
thank you

did u post in Wendler’s forum? i was reading though his stuff last nite and saw the same question. dunno if it was you or not.

have you read any of CT’s forums?

Domcib,
Nope not me. I have read some of the forum before. I am sure a lot of people would like to know what he recommends for someone with this equipment selection since it leaves circuits out.

it’s here

yep, its not the same question.
sorry.
anyway. aside fro the deadsquat bar, you have all that you need to follow one of ct’ layer programs.
search for it using the google app here on the website.
layer system, layer program, 10 day mini cycle, strength layers
there are so many. im sure you can find something you like

and you can also scroll through cts forums and find ones that were created by him.

[quote]colin1168 wrote:
Hi CT,

I was wondering if you could prescribe a training program utilizing only a barbell and weights. This is all the equipment I have at my home gym other than squat stands/pull-up/dip bars.

My goals are to gain muscle and improve performance. Currently, I am proficient in basic movements and can perform power snatches.

I would train using strength circuits or the Superhero program but I don’t think its practical with one barbell.

Would love to hear your thoughts,
thank you[/quote]

Colin, I cannot design individual programs. I can answer specific questions and sometimes I will provide an example program to illustrate a point, but individualized training program are outside the scope of a Q&A forum

Ok,
CT thank you and sorry for asking this.

domcib,
I will look into layers for sure. Thanks for your time !