Barbell Hip Thrusts Advice

Hi CT,

I am currently following your older 6,6,6,3,3,3 program with a push/pull/leg split. Each day, I choose 2 exercises and perform strength sets of 3,3,3,6,6,6 on both main exercises. I then perform strength capacity work with the same two exercises for alternating sets of 6,6,6,6,6,6.

For leg day I have chosen squats as my first main exercise and was looking at trying barbell hip thrusts as my second main exercise. Do you see hip thrusts being suitable for both strength and strength capacity work?

Many Thanks CT

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Hi CT,

I am currently following your older 6,6,6,3,3,3 program with a push/pull/leg split. Each day, I choose 2 exercises and perform strength sets of 3,3,3,6,6,6 on both main exercises. I then perform strength capacity work with the same two exercises for alternating sets of 6,6,6,6,6,6.

For leg day I have chosen squats as my first main exercise and was looking at trying barbell hip thrusts as my second main exercise. Do you see hip thrusts being suitable for both strength and strength capacity work?

Many Thanks CT

[/quote]

Yes, hip thrusts are a good choice if you can do them right. They complete the squat fairly well since they hit the glutes and hams a bit more. To me the BBHT and RDL are pretty much on par as a secondary exercise (not a primary one though).