Barbell Goodmornings

i have been having trouble doing barbell goodmornings. i dont overload the bar, i only use weight i can handle comfortably while trying to get better form. my problem is the bar rolls up my neck when i bend over. is that something part of that lift, or am i using terrible form. is their anything i can do to fix that? any advise would be helpful

Carry the bar lower, as in a powerlifting squat. Then grip the shit out of it.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
Carry the bar lower, as in a powerlifting squat. Then grip the shit out of it.[/quote]

I second that. Just like when you’re squatting, pull the bar down and into your back as hard as you can. This should take care of it.

Luke

luckily my gym has a cambered bar. the bar can rotate a bit on your back.

i have a hard time doing good mornings with a straight bar when i get heavy. but i havent tried to pull down really hard yet.

had same issue, i had to put the bar low, wide my grip on it and pull it into my back to get it to stop rolling, haven’t had a problem since.

if the bar noves, that means your losing your arch. keep your upper back tight, and throw your head back into the bar…

That’s funny, I go down further with a high bar position than low-bar on GMs.

I’m starting to find good mornings the best assistance exercise for the lowerbody powerlifts!

Get the bar deep, i never had a problem with it personally.

I am really finding concentric only good mornings with specialty bars have more of a carryover to my total. I dont even remember the last time I did a regular, barbell good morning.

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
if the bar noves, that means your losing your arch. keep your upper back tight, and throw your head back into the bar…[/quote]

that and bar is too highâ?¦keep working the movement and it will fix itself eventually.

Think of bending the bar. Really grip it tight.

I sometimes have that problem when i bend forward versus pushing my hips back and keeping the bar a little closer to my center of gravity.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
I am really finding concentric only good mornings with specialty bars have more of a carryover to my total. I dont even remember the last time I did a regular, barbell good morning.[/quote]

This.

I think people would be surprised how much more weight they could use on a good morning (and how much more effective it can be) if they tried using a SSB bar or even a cambered bar for good mornings as opposed to a straight bar.