Barbarian Brothers: No Over Training

[quote]goya wrote:
It’s hard to overtrain on steroids.[/quote]

Over generalized statement.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Of course there is such a thing as overtraining. Ask anyone to squat to the max every day. No amount of food will heal you. There’s always a point where an activity can exceed one’s ability to recover, let alone supercompensate, for it.

Just as we laugh when the 150 lb “expert” spouts off what’s best to build muscle, so should we laugh when the biggest ego does the same.
[/quote]

No offense man, but I disagree. If you look at the original quote, they said “There is no such thing as over training, just under nutrition and under sleeping.”

That would be technically correct; as long as one get ENOUGH food and sleep between sessions, they can train as much as they want and be fine. Granted, that could potentially take 24-48 hours of sleep, but theoretically that would be possible. The main point is simply that all these people who are “overtraining” should try eating more than 1500 calories a day and sleeping more than 4 hours a night, then that volume/intensity of training they currently sustain would be tolerable by their body.

Haha !

Of course the biggest ego over the internet, I put 150 lbs there exactly to trigger reactions with a good tasty rainbow !

Now don’t get me wrong, if the goal is to build muscles without looking like a nerfed muscle (which girls definately appreciate less and less) Yes I mean that even if your love tool is still big, if you cannot produce resonant (meaning both ways) bioelectricity you will never be able to bring her to the seventh sky… maybe she has never felt the 4rth sky before she met you and it’s all the merrier, I’m happy for yall, but I just happen to have studied this extensively, and have experienced training gene activation at the expense of my bone marrow. Of course mind over matter, getting jiggy with it.

And yes that is one kind of powerball I’m talking about, there are many kinds with different types of training for arms and legs, and of course you need to train it both ways to remain balanced (left and right twists).

Why would you call it a can of worms ?

Namase !

[quote]Ahuae wrote:
Haha !

Of course the biggest ego over the internet, I put 150 lbs there exactly to trigger reactions with a good tasty rainbow !

Now don’t get me wrong, if the goal is to build muscles without looking like a nerfed muscle (which girls definately appreciate less and less) Yes I mean that even if your love tool is still big, if you cannot produce resonant (meaning both ways) bioelectricity you will never be able to bring her to the seventh sky… maybe she has never felt the 4rth sky before she met you and it’s all the merrier, I’m happy for yall, but I just happen to have studied this extensively, and have experienced training gene activation at the expense of my bone marrow. Of course mind over matter, getting jiggy with it.

And yes that is one kind of powerball I’m talking about, there are many kinds with different types of training for arms and legs, and of course you need to train it both ways to remain balanced (left and right twists).

Why would you call it a can of worms ?

Namase ![/quote]

That explains everything…

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
goya wrote:
It’s hard to overtrain on steroids.

Over generalized statement.[/quote]

It’s a generalization that is true.

Steroids > sleep + nutrition. Obviously if you do all 3, the results will be much better. But steroids can make up for poor sleep and poor nutrition, at least for a certain time.

Note that I am neither condoning nor endorisng them. But I would take any thing the Barbarian Brothers say with a grain of salt.

I get overtrained pretty quickly with the Bill Starr 5x5 even though I love it. But I can do my own version of split-H.I.T. and train to failure and well beyond with drop sets, partials, rest/pause etc. and be fine.

Everyone has thier own personal breaking points. Steroids will extend that point but not forever.

Proper sleep, nutrition etc. will extend that as well but overtraining happens and it can (and does) still occur when everything else is optimized.

The important thing to do is to get up to that “wall” then back off. I don’t know how many actually push themselves to that wall, however.

[quote]goya wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
goya wrote:

Steroids > sleep + nutrition. Obviously if you do all 3, the results will be much better. But steroids can make up for poor sleep and poor nutrition, at least for a certain time.

Note that I am neither condoning nor endorisng them. But I would take any thing the Barbarian Brothers say with a grain of salt.
[/quote]

Steroids are not greater than sleep and nutrition.

Another day these barbarian brothers guys were on tv in a movie where they were babysiters of twin kids… :slight_smile:

[quote]Ahuae wrote:
Now even in the brute force test of an ultimate championship, if a big scarred guy faces a velocity trained lets say… a shaolin monk who btw only eat rice and veggies and don’t look like he can pack a punch at all and probably has seminal stones blocking his, eww, why did you get me to think about this.

The monk would definately have more vital energy and mastery and win.[/quote]

This was a valid theory, fifteen years ago.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
goya wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
goya wrote:

Steroids are not greater than sleep and nutrition. [/quote]

yawn.
Try it sometime…
repost after you get some real world experience…

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Steroids are not greater than sleep and nutrition. [/quote]

I have known a few juicers that got away with poor nutrition (probably enough cal to grow on, but not exactly health food either) and lots of partying and still made great gains. Whereas someone less enhanced would not have gotten away with it.

Let just say it gives you a wider margin of error…

Why is it that all the threads I participate in get closed ? I just lost 2 very long messages with all the proofs people been asking me in cyberspace…

[quote]
The main point is simply that all these people who are “overtraining” should try eating more than 1500 calories a day and sleeping more than 4 hours a night, then that volume/intensity of training they currently sustain would be tolerable by their body.

I personally don’t consider food to be the limiting factor. Assuming you get enough calories, there are numerous biochemical factors at play that dictate recovery ability.

You can’t just equate recovery to food + rest. It is nowhere near that simple.

Bushy[/quote]

Alright, so maybe there was some exaggeration in the quote. But like I said, I think the “main point” of what they said was the part of my quote I left up there. Because most often, people simply don’t eat or sleep enough in the real world. Hey, it worked for them.

[quote]inthego wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
goya wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
goya wrote:

Steroids are not greater than sleep and nutrition.

yawn.
Try it sometime…
repost after you get some real world experience…
[/quote]

Yawn.
I have and do…
Try again…

Don’t lecture me on gaining real world experience when it’s clear YOU have none of your own.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

The main point is simply that all these people who are “overtraining” should try eating more than 1500 calories a day and sleeping more than 4 hours a night, then that volume/intensity of training they currently sustain would be tolerable by their body.

I personally don’t consider food to be the limiting factor. Assuming you get enough calories, there are numerous biochemical factors at play that dictate recovery ability.

Bushy

Alright, so maybe there was some exaggeration in the quote. But like I said, I think the “main point” of what they said was the part of my quote I left up there. Because most often, people simply don’t eat or sleep enough in the real world. Hey, it worked for them. [/quote]

Bushy, of course you made a correct statement it’s not THAT simple… however it could and should be that simple for ALOT of trainees, particularly those who live a half assed lifestyle and I suspect the majority of those who somehow believe they are overtraining.

It’s not easy to physically overtrain with well planned training, diet and rest. How many people put these in place and manage to overtrain?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
hungry4more wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

Bushy[/quote]

exactly.

[quote]JamFly wrote:

It’s not easy to physically overtrain with well planned training, diet and rest. How many people put these in place and manage to overtrain?
[/quote]

You sure about that?

I lift weights 4 x wk for 30-40 mins each time
1 night of Volleyball for 2 hrs
1 night of softball (1 game)
I take a recovery week of lesser volume periodically

I take ZMA, fishoil and eat 4500 calories a day of good food with plenty of fruit

I get 8-8.5 hrs of sleep every night and my GF gives me nightly massages.

There are times where my body just feels run down

I only exercise about 5 hrs a week as is. If I were to do much more exercise, I’m sure I’d end up suffering from over training.

But yes, over training does seem to be over blown at times, but it can be under emphasized often as well.

[quote]goya wrote:
It’s hard to overtrain on steroids.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. On their “cocktail” I’m sure they recover quite well. Rules of recovery are different for anyone that is natural.

juice heads recover quite well. us natural chaps…not so much