T Nation

Barbara Bush

Check this article out. This stupid cunt who has lived nothing but the high life since she was born, who lived a poor person’s dream of going to boarding school, gettin all she wanted, and marrying another cocksucker millionaire, SHE has all the authority in the world to even remotely talk about the poor. “ITS WORKING OUT VERY WELL FOR THEM???” This stupid bitch should be put in their position, waiting and praying for word from a loved one. Obviously out glorious leader in the White House has her shallow side of the gene pool. CUNT!!!
(Sorry about the language, but I was really enraged by this).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20050906/cm_thenation/120080

Yeah, this statement is quite damning…

And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Yeah, this statement is quite damning…

And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them.
[/quote]

Which is all the proof I need to decide that Mr. Bush is out of touch with the needs of this country. He learned it from mommy.

I used to have respect for mrs.bush,always wondered why she married an arrogant ass like her husband,but now i see ,she must be of the same ilk.these people are so out of touch with what its like to have to struggle to make a decent living.Then you have all these other yoyo’s that stick up for them and make excuses for them,they are usually people that didnt have to make it on their own.

I love GHW Bush’s mother. Oh wait, thats his wife?

I was very pissed when I read this. I was the same way; I always respected her, especially because I don’t think she always followed suit with the Republican old guard on issues like abortion and women’s rights. However, all that respect is gone, as this is a comment that can only be made by someone who is severly ignorant could make. Or, someone who just doesn’t give a shit.

This is an OP/ED piece from a liberal rag. At least they have a crap load of anti-american articles they tout on their front page.

I wouldn’t give this any more weight than I would if George Soros said it.

The article has nothing to do with it…the woman said what she said. And regardless of what meaning the writer gave it, there is no way to give this a positive Conservative spin. The words are there, black and white.

Rainjack,they showed her on cnn when she was interveiwed and made the statement.But after she said it she had a look on her face like oh no that’s not what i meant .

Zap & Rain,I dont want to make you mad ,but i think people would give you more respect if you didnt have those Gay lookin little men on your post’s.They just dont seem right for 2 intelligent conservatives.Just a suggestion.

[quote]ron33 wrote:
Zap & Rain,I dont want to make you mad ,but i think people would give you more respect if you didnt have those Gay lookin little men on your post’s.They just dont seem right for 2 intelligent conservatives.Just a suggestion.[/quote]

I think Zap Branigan has to have Zap Branigan as his avatar, and hey, you don’t like Johnny Bravo? Johnny Bravo!? Come on man, everybody likes Johnny Bravo. He’s my hero.

(Actually I think this is a better discussion then about some stupid statement by an old woman that is being used as just another way to attack jr.)

Mage,I’m out of touch on the cartoon scene,I’m from the Casper the ghost,Mighty Mouse,Diaper Man era.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
(Actually I think this is a better discussion then about some stupid statement by an old woman that is being used as just another way to attack jr.)[/quote]

That’s all it is. I really think it is more of a commentary on how far the ABB crowd will go to spew their hatred.

Rain,I think if the Bush family would have pushed Jeb, instead of george as numero uno ,we wouldnt be having all these problems.I think Jeb would have appealed to more people and seams a little more grounded and can at least speak without seeming to have been rehearsed & not knowing the material hes speaking on like his brother.You no how most families are they have one they try to make the star and from what I’ve seen it usually the one that 's the screw up.

[quote]ron33 wrote:
Zap & Rain,I dont want to make you mad ,but i think people would give you more respect if you didnt have those Gay lookin little men on your post’s.They just dont seem right for 2 intelligent conservatives.Just a suggestion.[/quote]

It is kind of a duality of man thing.

Am I a (semi)literate person that enjoys weightlifting, rugby and political discussion or am I a queer (not that there is anything wrong with that) blowhard cartoon character?

Both!

Wow, nice to see that to some it doesn’t matter what is said or done by anyone, it is all appropriate, as long as they aren’t a democrat that is.

What an unbelievable level of cheerleading… it’s almost frightening.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Wow, nice to see that to some it doesn’t matter what is said or done by anyone, it is all appropriate, as long as they aren’t a democrat that is.

What an unbelievable level of cheerleading… it’s almost frightening.[/quote]

Almost?!

We’ve had a lot of families from LA enrolling their kids in school. No doubt these people went through a horrible experience, and some of these kids saw things no one should ever witness. I can’t imagine losing everything I have and starting over. If you didn’t have that much to begin with, though, it is a different situation.

Talking to the parents, they seem to be in a better place now than before the hurricane. They are happy and excited about their fututres. Families with two parents and two kids received $4000, a lot of clothes and supplies plus about $400 in food stamps. That kind of money can go a long way in this part of the country. They are finding places to live, some already have jobs, they don’t live in the shithole that was New Orleans anymore, and their kids are going to the cleanest, most modern, safest schools they’ve ever seen.

It was STUPID for Barbara Bush to say it, but in a lot of cases it is the truth.

[quote]vroom wrote:

What an unbelievable level of cheerleading… it’s almost frightening.[/quote]

Not cheerleading. But that’s what you say anytime anyone takes a pro-Bush stance. The ABBers have a proven track record of digging shit up, true or not, in a hapless attempt to make G-dub look bad. Can anyone say Rathergate?

It’s the same thing as far as I can tell. You only have a few quotes from her in an op/ed piece that is written for a liberal rag - and I’m cheerleading for not going along with the lynch-mob? Pardon me if I don’t buy the George Soros line of logic. You evidently have no trouble trying and convicting based on opinion.

And honestly, vroom. you can come up with a better name to call me than cheerleader. I know - because I’ve seen you do it.

yeah ur right they are recieving alot of good things they didnt have before, BUT the way she said it was degrading and disrespectful, especially when coming from a BIACH who had everything delivered to her on a silver platter and never moved a finger in her life.