Bar Position on the Squat

hey guys i have my first lower body session this friday after recovering from patella tendonitis in my right knee. Ive been told that i should be using a low bar position to take pressure off my knees, however my knee injury is related to a lower back injury… So what bar position would be best? Please know that i also have access to a safety bar.

Use the safety bar unless you’re planning on competing in something involving a squat. You won’t have a lot of options with bar position then.

Try out a bunch of positions with various equipment and find out what works best for you.

High bar taxes my Lower Back and Knees way more than Low Bar. In low bar you have to bend at the waist a bit more but due to leverages of where the bar is it doesn’t seem to tax me half as bad.

[quote]Reed wrote:
High bar taxes my Lower Back and Knees way more than Low Bar. In low bar you have to bend at the waist a bit more but due to leverages of where the bar is it doesn’t seem to tax me half as bad.[/quote]

ill give low bar a shot, thanks

Just put the bar where it feels comfortable and intuitive to lift. There’s way too much focus on high bar vs low bar, in the beginning it doesn’t matter, and for many beginners low bar is much more difficult to get into position than high bar.

[quote]electricred wrote:
Just put the bar where it feels comfortable and intuitive to lift. There’s way too much focus on high bar vs low bar, in the beginning it doesn’t matter, and for many beginners low bar is much more difficult to get into position than high bar.[/quote]

dude…

no