Banned for Board Pressing!

Of all the excercises I have been banned from my school gym for doing, board fucking bench press.

Not Deadlifts.

Not Snatch.

Not any of the other random shit I done for fun to tease the jerks who go just to do curls all day.

Board Fucking Bench Press.
I cant beleive it. I have been going for years now, with no complaining, and then my boards dissapear one day, and so I ask the office where my boards went. The guy says he threw them out because he didnt know what they were, and thought they were some random peices of wood just lying around.
I tell him why he shouldnt have thrown them out, and what I use it for, because you know, he is the superviser and is there to supervise what we do, so he knows all about what I do.

He tells me powerlifting isn’t a school sport, and he doesnt want kids copying me because they could hurt themselves.
I am flabbergasted, as he proceeds to tell me I am banned from coming into the gym because I stack two 20lb plates on my chest to make up for the boards he threw out.

Mind you, he doesnt care about MY safety, he just doesnt want other kids following my example, because I have my own training crew who learn from me (who learns from T-Nation, and who has an olympic coach too). Mind you, having done powerlifting training I am the third strongest person in the school including teachers and firsts-teams, and the only 2 people stronger than me is a guy who trains outside the school with his own strength coach, and the second being an islander who is 285lb.

This is what fucking pisses me off, because everyone I have trained is had incredible strength and size gains, have gone from reluctant to enjoying going to the gym, and everyone he trains is in a compulsary sport and is fucking shit and doesnt like him.

That is my rage. Now I need to go and find another gym I can train at for free, because I cant afford a membership anywhere else in Melbourne, and I want to keep doing my Powerlifting and Olympic Lifting.

Sigh.

Sounds like you’re being to much of a Marshmellow

Time for some ghetto workouts!

[quote]forevernade wrote:
Of all the excercises I have been banned from my school gym for doing, board fucking bench press.

Not Deadlifts.

Not Snatch.

Not any of the other random shit I done for fun to tease the jerks who go just to do curls all day.

I cant beleive it. I have been going for years now, with no complaining, and then my boards dissapear one day, and so I ask the office where my boards went. The guy says he threw them out because he didnt know what they were, and thought they were some random peices of wood just lying around.
I tell him why he shouldnt have thrown them out, and what I use it for, because you know, he is the superviser and is there to supervise what we do, so he knows all about what I do.
He tells me powerlifting isn’t a school sport, and he doesnt want kids copying me because they could hurt themselves.
I am flabbergasted, as he proceeds to tell me I am banned from coming into the gym because I stack two 20lb plates on my chest to make up for the boards he threw out.
Mind you, he doesnt care about MY safety, he just doesnt want other kids following my example, because I have my own training crew who learn from me (who learns from T-Nation, and who has an olympic coach too). Mind you, having done powerlifting training I am the third strongest person in the school including teachers and firsts-teams, and the only 2 people stronger than me is a guy who trains outside the school with his own strength coach, and the second being an islander who is 285lb.
This is what fucking pisses me off, because everyone I have trained is had incredible strength and size gains, have gone from reluctant to enjoying going to the gym, and everyone he trains is in a compulsary sport and is fucking shit and doesnt like him.

That is my rage. Now I need to go and find another gym I can train at for free, because I cant afford a membership anywhere else in Melbourne, and I want to keep doing my Powerlifting and Olympic Lifting.

Sigh.[/quote]

God fucking damnit. I hate people so much. I hate to be “that guy” but if one of the guys at my school weightroom did that to me, I would of snapped. While it’s good to see you didn’t kill anyone. I would suggest talking to any athletics coach about it, or even a higher up in the school. Don’t ever give up. Get a job, and a 300 pound oly set if you have to.

Man, what the hell school do you go to? Im an Aussie too & buggered if i know any public schools with gyms… let alone oly coaches! Do we have oly coaches in Aus?

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Man, what the hell school do you go to? Im an Aussie too & buggered if i know any public schools with gyms… let alone oly coaches! Do we have oly coaches in Aus?[/quote]

The gym i had at my school consisted of a pec deck and some dumbells best known for there pink colour instead of there weight.

Get yourself a part time job and spend that pay on a membership there not to bad if you look around for a good deal. Maybe even another school in the area that you could train at.

Reminds me of the Day In Gym we were in the weight room… mind you they dont discuss anything besides weight machines… nautilus machines from the 80s and during the workout one of the kids was doing Bench press and wanted me to try 40lbs lol… I did it and the Gym teacher (female) runs over and starts yelling out having a spotter lol… its only 40lbs…dont talk back!!!.. ha ha

It was funny… then Everyone proceeded to watch me do 180lb pull down…not hard when you weight alot more :stuck_out_tongue:

Zephead may have a good point. See if you can talk to the athletic director or a sports coach at the facility. That or if there is an exercise science teacher or other faculty member who teaches at the facility. Outline what you are trying to do and how you have benefited. Present your programs as well as your research. Fuck the supervisor douche-bag. If that does not work you can petition the university for reinstatement to the gym.

They can not give you a life time ban. You may have to let the board presses go for a few weeks but I am sure after a time you can work them back in.

I do not know how things run in AU but when I was in school I started a cycling team that had access to performance facilities. Nothing huge but once there was nothing now there is something.

damn. that sucks.

Sorry man

LOL, “athletic director”, “sports coach”? This is Australia, we have a PE teacher who knows the rules to British Bulldog and Handball and drives the skinny tall kids to cross-country events. If we’re lucky he can find the pump to inflate the footy.

This guy is seriously lucky to have a gym and if board presses was all he was going to miss out on he should have sucked it up - even if the guy who banned them was a moron.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Time for some ghetto workouts![/quote]

I agree time for the undgerground! haha but that is pretty fuckin lame that they wont let you do that there.

Thats sucks mate. I had a pretty decent school gym back in the day, but if you wern’t into rugby or swimming the school didn’t give a shit about you. One of our teachers took a couple of us for olympic lifting, but that went to shit and we only had 1 olympic bar (ended up breaking!!). I did get to train how I wanted but I hear that has all changed now and you can only use the gym if its sport specific and you are willing to listen to the coaches. I can guarantee there will be no OL or powerlifting going on.

Just press on mate and go above that gay supervisor.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Man, what the hell school do you go to? Im an Aussie too & buggered if i know any public schools with gyms… let alone oly coaches! Do we have oly coaches in Aus?[/quote]

lol good call, all we had were team sports, literaly NO weight training equipment. I’m from a small town tho so maybe some of the bigger private schools have gyms in Australia.

Thats what im thinking Doyle - maybe some private schools have more than a rowing amchine but sure as hell didnt, nor did the other public high school or the private school!

i graduated 5 years ago but nothings changed in my hometown.

… because I have my own training crew who learn from me (who learns from T-Nation, and who has an olympic coach too)…[/quote]

If you have an ‘olympic coach’, why not have him speak to the supervisor. Seems like a reasonable credential, if he in fact, coaches olympic atheletes.

On the other hand, I can’t even use chalk in my gym, so quichyerbitchin.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
forevernade wrote:
… because I have my own training crew who learn from me (who learns from T-Nation, and who has an olympic coach too)…

If you have an ‘olympic coach’, why not have him speak to the supervisor. Seems like a reasonable credential, if he in fact, coaches olympic atheletes.

On the other hand, I can’t even use chalk in my gym, so quichyerbitchin.
[/quote]

I have to agree with that, suck it up. I would be willing to bet that the ban had as much to do with your attitude.

BTW Forevernade, whats the need to use the schools gym?

One of my biggest regrets so far in life, is not building a home gym - now ive got myself in a bad financial position, i cant afford to outlay the $ to set one up, im stuck paying my monthly commercial gym membership & waiting for these dumbass “normal” people, who dont know what, how or why they’re doing they’re doing except getting in my fucking way.

i could start listing examples but it’d be a hijack.

Seriously, why confine yourself? Look at taking a different road to the same destination.

Not Deadlifts.

Not Snatch.

I cant beleive it. I have been going for years now, with no complaining, and then my boards dissapear one day, and so I ask the office where my boards went.

The guy says he threw them out because he didnt know what they were, and thought they were some random peices of wood just lying around.

Mind you, he doesnt care about MY safety, he just doesnt want other kids following my example, because I have my own training crew who learn from me (who learns from T-Nation, and who has an olympic coach too).

Mind you, having done powerlifting training I am the third strongest person in the school including teachers and firsts-teams, and the only 2 people stronger than me is a guy who trains outside the school with his own strength coach, and the second being an islander who is 285lb.

Sigh.[/quote]

I’d just kill his family.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
Man, what the hell school do you go to? Im an Aussie too & buggered if i know any public schools with gyms… let alone oly coaches! Do we have oly coaches in Aus?

lol good call, all we had were team sports, literaly NO weight training equipment. I’m from a small town tho so maybe some of the bigger private schools have gyms in Australia.[/quote]

Yeah there is Hawthorne Weightlifting Club off Glenferrie if you live in victoria. Just email powerlifting australia, or if you want to do olympic weightlifting phone up vwa or http://www.awf.com.au/iinc.php

I am going to be joining hawthorne soon, once I get my ass out of school.

[quote]If you have an ‘olympic coach’, why not have him speak to the supervisor. Seems like a reasonable credential, if he in fact, coaches olympic atheletes.

On the other hand, I can’t even use chalk in my gym, so quichyerbitchin. [/quote]

My bad, he is an olympic coach, but i dont see him often, and thats why i train at school (because school was free to train at). I am not actually part of this guy team, he works at hawthorne weightlifting club, which I am going to join in within the next term.

[quote]LOL, “athletic director”, “sports coach”? This is Australia, we have a PE teacher who knows the rules to British Bulldog and Handball and drives the skinny tall kids to cross-country events. If we’re lucky he can find the pump to inflate the footy.

This guy is seriously lucky to have a gym and if board presses was all he was going to miss out on he should have sucked it up - even if the guy who banned them was a moron. [/quote]

Yeah, this guy is the only guy who runs anything around here, and he is just a PE teacher.

I would have just sucked it up about a year ago, but this guy is too much of a shit head, and too many people I know hate him for other reasons outside my problems.

Since I have got my own little group training I am unable to give him any credibility, and if i suck up to him just to stay in the gym the guys i train will think that he is right and i am wrong.

I would rather keep my team together and keep my credibility than hold my breath, beacause my team are my friends, and they have had largely significant gains compared to the guys training under the PE teacher.

I am unable to give him any credibility, and if i suck up to him just to stay in the gym the guys i train will think that he is right and i am wrong. [/quote]

Trust me, no-one gives a shit if you’re right or wrong so they aren’t even thinking about it. If they’re training with you and getting jacked, that’s all they care about.

I didn’t say “suck up to him”, I said “suck it up”. By “suck it up” I mean just leave it alone. If he doesn’t want you doing board-presses and won’t entertain a reasonable discussion it’s better to just leave it.

In one scenario you get to keep working out, minus board-presses. In the other scenario you get nothing. It should be a no-brainer!

Very few gyms want us. We hog all the plates, we’re aggressive and scare the menchildfolk, and we’re going to herniate discs any second (in their minds). We know it’s BS but we suck it up because we don’t get to scare the menchildfolk if our memberships get cancelled.

Now you know how the gays felt 20 years ago. We should have a “powerlifter pride” rally at your school, LOL