Banned by WADA?

I hate to post this in a thread like this, but and older athlete that i train with is trying to get his testosterone up.

He looking at a product called “formadrol extreme”

The main ingredients are 3-beta-3-hydroxy-urs-12-ene-28-oic acid

and 2-phenyl-benzoi(h)chromen–4-one

sounds like crazy shit too me and I personally would avoid since anyone who knows me knows im only in to natural stuff, but i cant see the ingredients on the WADA list.

He competes in the masters age group and wants to make sure he doesn’t get suspended since he loves to compete.

Thanks for any information!

looks clean to me. also looks like a bogus product.

There are lots of things that are prohibited that are not necessarily explicitly listed on the prohibited list, due to the exceptionally broad variety of molecules and metabolites and whatnot that fit into their categories of banned substances.

This website http://www.befit.ca/products/LG-Sciences-Formadrol-Extreme--(90-Caps).html states that the product makes use of aromatase inhibitors (which I believe is the two substances you listed). From the WADA website (which I found off a link on the IWF web site) found here http://list.wada-ama.org/prohibited-all-times/prohibited-substances/ aromatase inhibitors are explicitly prohibited under S4.Hormone and Metabolic Modulators, though the substances listed are not explicitly listed.

Long story short, don’t take it, will probably make him test positive. Will try to think of other options and come back.

EDIT: Spelling. And my grammar sucks in this post.

Also, 3-beta-hydroxyurs-12-en-28-oic acid, also known as ursolic acid (wikipedia page here Ursolic acid - Wikipedia ) is listed as a weak aromatase inhibitor according to wikipedia. Didn’t bother googling the other one. I think that nails that coffin.

^^ that sounds about right.

Jonty is smart as shit.

wow. does he cook as well??

[quote]ape288 wrote:
Jonty is smart as shit.[/quote]

If your technical writing skills and google-fu are halfway decent, you can come up with a forum post in 15 minutes or less that’ll make the average reader go “Goddamn!” Intelligence doesn’t have that much to do with it, it’s just finding what you’re looking for (google-fu) and regurgitating it in concise, clear, yet pretty language (technical writing skills).

[quote]alexus wrote:
wow. does he cook as well??[/quote]

I can make some mean scrambled eggs. Unfortunately I’m generally too lazy and cheap to purchase ingredients for said eggs beyond the eggs themselves and some cheese.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

If your technical writing skills and google-fu are halfway decent, you can come up with a forum post in 15 minutes or less that’ll make the average reader go “Goddamn!” Intelligence doesn’t have that much to do with it, it’s just finding what you’re looking for (google-fu) and regurgitating it in concise, clear, yet pretty language (technical writing skills).[/quote]

i didn’t think stuff like that required much in the way of smarts, either…
but then i got out of my little university bubble and met some people…

though to be fair it is a practiced skill and people can surely be taught to do it (and most will succeed if they are sufficiently motivated). but most people aren’t. sufficiently motivated, i mean.

eggs and cheese is good.

homegrown microbasil is the shit, i’ve learned.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

If your technical writing skills and google-fu are halfway decent, you can come up with a forum post in 15 minutes or less that’ll make the average reader go “Goddamn!” Intelligence doesn’t have that much to do with it, it’s just finding what you’re looking for (google-fu) and regurgitating it in concise, clear, yet pretty language (technical writing skills).[/quote]

A blanket term i like to use for these things is “smoke blowing.”

[quote]alexus wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[/quote]

Good thing I was being half-sarcastic! haha
Like Alexus said though, when you’ve met enough people you realize that you’ve probably been giving the average intelligence level too much credit (Alexus, I would even go so far as to say that half the people in my university bubble were not all that bright. I often wondered how a lot of those people got into the school in the first place lol).

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[quote]alexus wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]ape288 wrote:

[/quote]

Good thing I was being half-sarcastic! haha
Like Alexus said though, when you’ve met enough people you realize that you’ve probably been giving the average intelligence level too much credit (Alexus, I would even go so far as to say that half the people in my university bubble were not all that bright. I often wondered how a lot of those people got into the school in the first place lol).[/quote]

Guess my sarcasm detector’s broke again. Damn thing’s so finicky . . .

And I know exactly what you’re saying about the average intelligence level, I see plenty of stupid people all the time, guess I just give people the benefit of the doubt when I’m posting online.

[quote]tork94 wrote:
I hate to post this in a thread like this, but and older athlete that i train with is trying to get his testosterone up.

He looking at a product called “formadrol extreme”

The main ingredients are 3-beta-3-hydroxy-urs-12-ene-28-oic acid

and 2-phenyl-benzoi(h)chromen–4-one

sounds like crazy shit too me and I personally would avoid since anyone who knows me knows im only in to natural stuff, but i cant see the ingredients on the WADA list.

He competes in the masters age group and wants to make sure he doesn’t get suspended since he loves to compete.

Thanks for any information! [/quote]

Why doesnt he just go see his doctor and say that he is depressed, and has no sexdrive and generally feels like shit and that he wants a prescription for T? The stupid WADA cant touch him after that!! HHAHAHAHAHA A friend of mine did exactly that. He got a product that he only has to shoot once a year.

Eventually he WILL find a doctor who will give it to him.

Sounds like another fake (or as good as) testosterone booster.