Banjo Tips

I hadn’t known that there was such a thing as electric banjo, but on seeing your post decided to look.

Clean sound in this case, no Marshall stack. Actually starts at 0:30:

With wah-wah… I’d never have guessed that this was banjo. I’d start it at 0:11 because the first 10 seconds are terrible:

Crate here, semi-clean sound:

This, as you were asking for, has distortion but I expect it’s from a Rockman or the like. It’s rather garage-band. Banjo starts at about 1:34.

Lastly, far better playing but entirely acoustic:

And on all banjo music sounding about the same (which does have a lot of truth to it perhaps 99% of the time) here’s yet a sixth performance which is entirely different from any of the above 5 or the usual:

Holly Shit where have you been?

Who knew a banjo thread would bring you out of lurking. ahhahahhahhhahhhahhahahhaha

I’ve always preferred offbeat topics :slight_smile:

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I’ve always preferred offbeat topics :)[/quote]
Lol

You still riding?

The ZX-12R was stolen and it was at a time financially where replacing wasn’t possible. I do plan to get back to it, but being married has put some other activities first. The wife is all for the motorcycle though, in fact my being someone who rides was part of the attraction for her, so it’s just a question of getting everything put together.

Back to banjo, on seeing the flamenco video fairly recently, I felt substantially motivated to learn banjo. I’ve failed completely at bass guitar and acoustic guitar, and as a result considered myself completely non-talented at guitar-type instruments. (Left hand being fine at keyboard, but not good on the fretboard.) But maybe banjo could prove different.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The ZX-12R was stolen and it was at a time financially where replacing wasn’t possible. I do plan to get back to it, but being married has put some other activities first. The wife is all for the motorcycle though, in fact my being someone who rides was part of the attraction for her, so it’s just a question of getting everything put together. [/quote]

Damn that sucks, good luck. Nice to see you are still around.

Thanks, a pleasure seeing you as well!