T Nation

Bangin Skanks and Wearin Tanks

Had to start a new log because of page space…here’s a link to my old one: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/come_one_come_all_1

1st. Haha. Mustbe all that convo !

[quote]barbedwired wrote:
1st. Haha. Mustbe all that convo ![/quote]
Shoot I don’t mind, I like all the dudes who post in here.

im sippin a fratty light so yooo

That’s a damn fine log title you picked there. Ballsy and catchy.

I guess I can go back through your log, but it would be cool to see a quick overview of your current goals and plan somewhere up-front in this new log.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:
That’s a damn fine log title you picked there. Ballsy and catchy.

I guess I can go back through your log, but it would be cool to see a quick overview of your current goals and plan somewhere up-front in this new log. [/quote]
Absolutely…
Current goals:
Squat: 405
Dead: 495
Bench: 300

Plan/Split: I do Paul Carter’s Base Building Method, which is focused on improving bar speed, decreasing rest, and working up to something heavy if you feel good. A basic week looks like this…
Day 1
Bench: BBM…there’s 3 phases that you can pick from
Incline: 350 method…pick a weight a try to get 50 total reps in 3 sets w/ 2 minutes rest
Dips: 5xfail
Then I do light lateral raises and pull aparts everyday

Day 2
Squats: Work up to a medium paused single, then 5x5 @ 60% of your TM in less than 15 minutes, preferably 12 really focusing on putting maximal effort into the bar on all reps. I REALLY like this as I have seen large improvements in my squat without adding bar weight.
Deads: 5x3 @ 80% of your TM focusing on speed
I then do one more movement whether it be SSB squat, front squat, paused squat, deficit deads, hip thrusts, SLDL, either 5x5 or 4x8
Core

Day 3
Paul says to do OHP but I either do OHP, BTN, floor press, close grip, paused incline, basically an assistance pressing day, 4x8
Face pulls/rear delts: 5x20
Upright rows: 4x12-15
Triceps: 4x25, I usually hit another tricep exercise
Laterals and pull aparts

Day 4
Rows: 4x8, recently starting doing cleans
Shrugs: 4x20
Pullups/pulldowns: 4xfail/ 4x8-10
Biceps

I’m only 8 weeks in but I love it so far coming off of 5/3/1. In 5/3/1 I was getting mentally drained hitting heavy weights 4 times a week. Now if I feel like it, I’ll do my regular week then for example I’ll go hit legs again on Sunday (squat PR, didn’t even plan for it). Once this “cut” is over I’ll move into his mass phase which sounds stupid but it’s really just another set of principles that he says to follow. They are 1) lower volume on main lifts 2)higher volume on assistance 3)intensity techniques 4)CARBS

[quote]PlainPat wrote:
im sippin a fratty light so yooo[/quote]
Natty light, fratty light…just roll off the tongue…keystone light doesnt

In 2 make hoes heads spin.

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
In 2 make hoes heads spin.[/quote]
These hoes ain’t loyal…if anyone hasn’t checked it out go look at the “Why Stay Natural” thread in the BSL forum. There are some great points to both sides that got brought up. In my mind its simple, get as big/strong as you can naturally then if you want to be assisted awesome, if you don’t awesome. Being in college I know of a handful of guys who use year round and only 1 of them you could tell. I think it’s a lifelong decision when using, or at least that’s how I will think of it as.

Yeah man, Ive known a few who have used. I would say only one of them knew what he was doing and hit some big numbers before he did them. The others got fat or are only ripped while they were using. It’s more so about training properly and eating and resting well. Makes sense to push your limits as far as possible as a natural trainer before touching them.

People who do them should also cycle on and off,doing them constantly isn’t great on your body/ depending on dosage and which compounds are being used. I think I’ll try them after having kids maybe into 40’s or so. Maybe I’ll need trt by then so it will be legal lol.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Yeah man, Ive known a few who have used. I would say only one of them knew what he was doing and hit some big numbers before he did them. The others got fat or are only ripped while they were using. It’s more so about training properly and eating and resting well. Makes sense to push your limits as far as possible as a natural trainer before touching them.

People who do them should also cycle on and off,doing them constantly isn’t great on your body/ depending on dosage and which compounds are being used. I think I’ll try them after having kids maybe into 40’s or so. Maybe I’ll need trt by then so it will be legal lol.[/quote]
I’m gonna ask my grandpa to piss in a cup and go ask for TRT and put that piss in my cup lmao

[quote]chobbs wrote:

These hoes ain’t loyal…if anyone hasn’t checked it out go look at the “Why Stay Natural” thread in the BSL forum. There are some great points to both sides that got brought up. In my mind its simple, get as big/strong as you can naturally then if you want to be assisted awesome, if you don’t awesome.[/quote]

That’s pretty much how I see it.

I’m not in this to set records. Nevermind that there’s not much that appeals to me competition-wise… no desire to get bodybuilding lean, no desire to compete in physique, but I care too much about aesthetics to do what it takes to be competitive with powerlifting.

Realistically, by the time I feel I’ve tapped out my natural potential, I’ll probably be married and maybe have a family.

There are other important things in life. At some point the amount of effort to improve exceeds the desire to improve. While I’m not at that point yet with lifting, I’ve gotten there with some other areas of my life.

I figure I’ll get there eventually with lifting, and just be happy with what I’ve accomplished.

Suns out, gunz out.

Love no thotties

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

These hoes ain’t loyal…if anyone hasn’t checked it out go look at the “Why Stay Natural” thread in the BSL forum. There are some great points to both sides that got brought up. In my mind its simple, get as big/strong as you can naturally then if you want to be assisted awesome, if you don’t awesome.[/quote]

That’s pretty much how I see it.

I’m not in this to set records. Nevermind that there’s not much that appeals to me competition-wise… no desire to get bodybuilding lean, no desire to compete in physique, but I care too much about aesthetics to do what it takes to be competitive with powerlifting.

Realistically, by the time I feel I’ve tapped out my natural potential, I’ll probably be married and maybe have a family.

There are other important things in life. At some point the amount of effort to improve exceeds the desire to improve. While I’m not at that point yet with lifting, I’ve gotten there with some other areas of my life.

I figure I’ll get there eventually with lifting, and just be happy with what I’ve accomplished.[/quote]
Honestly, if things keep going well my plan is to start to us around my mid 20’s. No I sure as hell won’t be competing, no I won’t be making money, no I won’t be setting world records but I’m doing it for me. I’m not doing it so I can bench more than the guy next to me at the gym. It’s purely personal reasons. Oh well, that’s a long ways down the road.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Love no thotties[/quote]
skwats for the thots