Bands...

It’s time to start using some bands in my training especially for DE leg day, and for more resistance on glute ham raises, and such. Where is the best place to buy them?

Also, what is the resistance on Jump Stretch Bands i.e. strong, average, light, mini light?

just buy the intermediate or beginner bands from ironwoodyfitness. find the old article band training for big gains from ct for a ton of great info.

At “normal” stretch each
mini +15
monstermini +25
light +50
average +75
strong +100
monster +150

At longer and shorter range is MUCH different. Las night I did speed pulls with the monstermini’s doubled. Had 225 on the bar-felt like 500-600 at the top! I have seen guys with short limbs get nearly nothing out of them. They must be hooked up properly, or at least consistently to compare.

Jump Stretch blue bands choked add, on average, between 120-180 lbs. to the bar on squats depending on the height of the lifter.

Well I am fairly tall with long limbs so looks like I’ll be making the best out of it.

[quote]RED9 wrote:
It’s time to start using some bands in my training especially for DE leg day, and for more resistance on glute ham raises, and such. Where is the best place to buy them?

Also, what is the resistance on Jump Stretch Bands i.e. strong, average, light, mini light?[/quote]

If you double (not choke) the bands, here’s an approximate tension for the squat. (for 2 doubled bands) Iron Woody’s

Mini (#1 white): 65 bottom, 100 top
Monster mini(#2 red):75 bottom, 135 top
Small (#3 Blue): 150 bottom, 270 top
Medium (#4 Green): 225 bottom, 405 top
Large (#5 Black): 300 bottom, 540 top

But, you should be able to handle a combined bar+bands load at the bottom equal to your normal max because of the plyometric loading.

Thanks guys, I went ahead and got the Iron Woody bands. A little upset that it will take 2-3 weeks to ship according to them, but what am I gonna do. Can’t wait for them to get here.

Red,

when I bought mine, it also said 2-3 weeks…I got them about 3 days later.

They’re good bands. You won’t be disappointed once you receive them.

I’ve had two pairs of IR bands since last June- one set of #2(red) and one set of #4(green). Overall, I have been very pleased with the quality. I’ve nicked mine on dumbbell knurling several times, but it hasn’t seemed to weaken the bands in any meaningful way. They have loosened up some over time, but not more than 5-10 lbs though.