bands really work:)

Just like to tell those who have not tried them yet:) Worth every penny. I have had only 3 sessions of DE legs with bands so far and today i just smoked a weight higher than one i failed at a month ago. Last month i failed at 375 on the 7inch close stance box squat. today, 390… ZOOM:) no sticking point in the middle, just UP! at the same body weight of 185.

Thanks to BM and all those who helped teach me to set up the bands and stuff!

regds
Jonathan

390 on a 7" box at 185LBS. Great job.

Oh thanks! haha but BM says i should be thinking about a 600 competition squat in due time… wow… really hope that happens. Im sure i will learn alot along the way there…

hehe i guess being only 5"8’ helps a bit…

Little people…

LOL… great leverage makes guys like me (36" arms, average shoulder width) so pissed…

Great effort… glad you are seeing the same type of boost many do when implementing bands for the first time…

Lil’ Coach H

5’8" or not that pretty good squatting off a 7" box!

Oh BTW i have a question for the more experienced guys, should i cycle band useage alot to get the best effect training effect? so the body does not adapt? OR is th cycling of weight % enough to give variation? I mean all i do for speed day are wide stance 12 incho box squats with bands… just at diff $ of 1rm.

thanks

Silverback,

You got some big-ass arms.

Reality…

no, i have some long ass arms…good one…very funny…

my arms are long, like an ape… ie. silverback

Capn-

Yes, you can wave load the weight with the bands as normal, and make sure you are cycling on and off the bands… I like to cycle on and off weight releasers, chains, and bands to change the stimulus when I am doing magnitude work. Just depends on your equipment. Usually like straight weight to chains to bands… and personally I throw in releasers generally on my highest intensity weeks… just my own personal preference…

Lil’ Coach H
JR

cap j… awesome… man thats a great # to get on a 7" box…about the band cycling…if you would have asked me a month ago if you can cycle just bands for the sq i would have said yes if your constantly changing the band tension and %'s but thats after i started getting my hips and low back preety beat up from over doing the bands…in fact i went and got chains this past weekend… so you have to be carefull at most i would say 8 weeks then you need to take a 2 week break with straight weight or chains…bm

Thanks BM…

You would know better than me, as I spend less time under the huge weights…

7" box…i’m trying to picture how i would have to contort myself to get down that low. for me, 12" is waaay below parallel and thats as low as i’ve ever gone.

wow 12 is below parallel… how tall are u? ok yes 7 is about as ass to grass as i can get… but for me 12 is just parallel.

Oh! BANDS! I’ve been having a live rock band come in a play during my squat session, no wonder it didn’t improve any!

That depends who was playing.

I found using a band wrapped around my wrists when benching really helped me pull the bar apart.